• a beautiful wreck

went to DCA yesterday..

and saw this near the redwood trail entrance..

Name:  297075_2530871546725_1101583841_3443219_840204986_n.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  83.1 KB

I don't mind a churro cart there.. but.. it's not themed to the area.. looks more like a Fantasyland Cart...
    tick tock tick tock madness comes tonight
    what's reality compared to me
    I rest on the bed and I'm sure I slowly get mad
    I'm in a state of mind which makes me blind
    for the fact that I'm a man
    I'm here to stay forever but not today

--
    Timekiller - Project Pitchfork

Re: went to DCA yesterday..

Plus it's got the Disneyland Park logo script "D" on the end of the accesories cart. This is obviously a churro cart designed and intended for Main Street at Disneyland, not Golden State at DCA.

But then, the ODV department leadership has never been too concerned about the details or the Show. It's all about selling the junk and keeping the carts busy for them, not about supporting the Show or caring about the details.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Plus it's got the Disneyland Park logo script "D" on the end of the accesories cart. This is obviously a churro cart designed and intended for Main Street at Disneyland, not Golden State at DCA.

But then, the ODV department leadership has never been too concerned about the details or the Show. It's all about selling the junk and keeping the carts busy for them, not about supporting the Show or caring about the details.
    Bingo. Too bad the management above ODV's department leadership doesn't care enough, either.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Monorail Minion

I don't think it's THAT bad... The colors match the area well. I think it looks way better than the crappy one in CC that has pictures of wood.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

That churro vendor is clearly not from the country of origin. Terrible, terrible theming.

I'm sure the gentleman purchasing the churro is very upset as well as everyone else passing through the area.

(I'm being sarcastic)

BOYCOTT THAT CHURRO CART!

(mainly to keep the line down to a minimum when I go to get mine!)

Quote Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
    That churro vendor is clearly not from the country of origin. Terrible, terrible theming.

I'm sure the gentleman purchasing the churro is very upset as well as everyone else passing through the area.

(I'm being sarcastic)
    And I appreciate sarcasm, because you are right that 98% of people wouldn't notice that anything is wrong. It's not like it's a Tomorrowland space cart sitting there, after all.

But the point is that Disney pays people a lot of money to care about these details. WDI designed this cart to sit on Main Street, using Victorian era details like the gold fringe and the gold filigree panels and trim. People are paid big bucks to care about this stuff, and they spend big chunks of Disney's annual profits (that come from those expensive ticket prices) to design and create these carts specifically for certain themed areas of the Resort.

But then all it takes to ruin it is a couple of low-level weekend managers in ODV to deploy the wrong carts to the wrong areas because it's simpler for them and/or because the cart specifically designed for this pathway was broken and they didn't want to give up on the revenue.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

But the point is that Disney pays people a lot of money to care about these details. WDI designed this cart to sit on Main Street, using Victorian era details like the gold fringe and the gold filigree panels and trim. People are paid big bucks to care about this stuff, and they spend big chunks of Disney's annual profits (that come from those expensive ticket prices) to design and create these carts specifically for certain themed areas of the Resort.

But then all it takes to ruin it is a couple of low-level weekend managers in ODV to deploy the wrong carts to the wrong areas because it's simpler for them and/or because the cart specifically designed for this pathway was broken and they didn't want to give up on the revenue.
    Great post!
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 11-06-2011 at 05:55 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Senior Minion

^ + 1.

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

And I appreciate sarcasm, because you are right that 98% of people wouldn't notice that anything is wrong. It's not like it's a Tomorrowland space cart sitting there, after all.

Come on man, don't you think that's kind of harsh? Low-level management cares every bit as much as upper management or whatever position. Maybe the cart that's supposed to go there is broken. Maybe that was all that was available. Are you really gonna rag on the people that are trying to make your day at Disney magical because one tiny, almost irrelevant temporary cart doesn't match up perfectly to the theming? Honestly, churros themselves don't match the theme. At least they're there, I'd rather have slightly out of place (which isn't even noticeable unless pointed out) churros than no churros at all

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

I'd rather no cart vs a churro (but that's me)
    You can walk another 50 feet and find one. It's not like they are a rare food at the park(s).
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 11-06-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Come on man, don't you think that's kind of harsh? Low-level management cares every bit as much as upper management or whatever position. Maybe the cart that's supposed to go there is broken. Maybe that was all that was available. Are you really gonna rag on the people that are trying to make your day at Disney magical because one tiny, almost irrelevant temporary cart doesn't match up perfectly to the theming? Honestly, churros themselves don't match the theme. At least they're there, I'd rather have slightly out of place (which isn't even noticeable unless pointed out) churros than no churros at all
    You're missing the point: Westsider isn't "ragging on the people that are trying to make your day at Disney magical because one tiny, almost irrelevant temporary cart doesn't match up perfectly to the theming," he's speaking from experience about ODV management. The point is the overall issue of ODV priorities; this particular cart is only one symptom of the larger problem.

- Neil Gabler

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Wow. Disneyland sure wouldn't be magical if it wasn't for those ODV managers.

There is absolutely nothing magical about buying a churro. Nor should there be.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

They have had a churro cart in that area since practically opening day. This cart sits on the pathway close to the San Francisco street area, and I don't have that big of an issue with this cart in that location.

Sure they could build more of a permanant structure in that area, and theme it more toward the Redwoods than than San Franscisco. But quite frankly, the look of a churro has always reminded me of the bark of a redwood tree anyway, and that's sufficient themeing for me

(Now, the enormous rollercoaster, ferris wheel, and the tattoo shop along with the rest of the sideshow shops is a MUCH higher priority than this little churro stop.)
    Last edited by Aladdin; 11-06-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Guess it's time for occupy DCA...