Smile Need Advice as will be arriving Dec 5th

Could anyone answer these questions for me? I've never made it down in December before and will be bringing my 8 year old. The last time I was down was Halloween 2 years ago...

1) Are there any Character meals special for Christmas? I've tried looking at the Disney site but couldn't see if there was.
    2) World of Colour - is it worth it to have the meals & get preferred/reserved seating? What is the difference between preferred and reserved? If I don't do the meals and just go to see the show, is there actual seating or it it like Fantasmic where we sit on the ground?
    3)There used to be a Lilo & Stitch breakfast but I don't see it. Does anyone know which character meal they might be more likely to show up at?

Any other advice for this would be fantastic.

THANK YOU!

• ---------------

Re: Need Advice as will be arriving Dec 5th

Quote Originally Posted by belori View Post
    Could anyone answer these questions for me? I've never made it down in December before and will be bringing my 8 year old. The last time I was down was Halloween 2 years ago...

1) Are there any Character meals special for Christmas? I've tried looking at the Disney site but couldn't see if there was.
    2) World of Colour - is it worth it to have the meals & get preferred/reserved seating? What is the difference between preferred and reserved? If I don't do the meals and just go to see the show, is there actual seating or it it like Fantasmic where we sit on the ground?
    3)There used to be a Lilo & Stitch breakfast but I don't see it. Does anyone know which character meal they might be more likely to show up at?

THANK YOU!
    Dining

Enjoy a cornucopia of seasonal delights. Whether you're in the mood for quick service, casual or signature dining, you'll find something special to please every palette. Join us for your holiday dinner from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day.
    Sweets and Treats
    Make a Holidays Demitasse Dessert part of a new tradition. This chocolate and peppermint cake is topped with mousse and served in a souvenir Mickey Santa demitasse.
    Only available at Café Orleans, the Holiday Beignet, is now a seasonal classic. These Mickey-shaped gingerbread French pastries are covered in cinnamon sugar and served with eggnog. They are until January 2.
    Be on the lookout for Snowman Shortbread, Slowflake Crispies and Mint Chocolate Cupcakes — all created in the Disneyland Resort Central Bakery. And special souvenir holiday hot mugs, cold cups and popcorn buckets are available with purchase.
    World of Color Dining
    Take dinner and a show to a whole new level. Special dinner packages for the World of Color are available at Ariel's Grotto and Wine Country Trattoria. You may also order from a variety of pre-packaged picnic meals to take to the Reserved Viewing section of Paradise Park.
    Plaza Inn
    Set your taste buds aglow with one of two different flavors as this original Disneyland Park landmark rolls out its famous Pumpkin and Chocolate Chestnut Yule Logs.
    Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen®
    Celebrate the holidays in the French Quarter. Enjoy Cajun cuisine and live music in this New Orleans-style jazz club.
    House of Blues®
    This legendary venue boasts down-home cooking and Southern hospitality. For a special treat, make a reservation for the famous Sunday Gospel Brunch.
    Rainforest Café®
    Partake in shopping, fabulous food and exotic drinks. You'll feel like you're eating in the jungle, with animated apes, live parrots and sounds of the rainforest — all under a twinkling starscape.

source: Holidays at Disneyland | Disneyland Resort

(I do think if you pick a character breakfast, the characters MIGHT be wearing Christmas outfits....I don't see why they wouldn't. I don't know if they do a Christmas buffet like they do for Thanksgiving and Easter)

Not big on WOC, so I'm not helpful there (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...orld-of-color/)

As far as Lilo & Stich (closest I think you'll get is Stich (as a friend)) at Paradise Pier Hotel: PCH Grill | Dining & Restaurants | Disneyland Resort

Surf's Up! Breakfast with Mickey & Friends
    The Surf's Up! Breakfast with Mickey & Friends is a lively Character Dining experience that features a bountiful breakfast buffet filled with morning delights. Snap photos, practice hula hooping and hang ten with some of your favorite Disney Characters! Feast on family favorites from the omelet station and let your kids create their own breakfasts at the fun kid's buffet. Scrumptious breakfast specialties include flatbreads from the wood-burning oven, grilled breast of chicken with roasted garlic sauce and signature chilaquiles with shredded beef, salsa verde and queso fresco.
    Character Dining at Disney's PCH Grill is available for breakfast.

You could also call Disney Dine and ask questions. They can help you out.
    714-781-DINE
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 11-07-2011 at 12:20 AM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

THANK YOU!
    No special character meals for Xmas time (last year), but still fun to do.

World of Color is worth the dinner options, especially since you will be coming during a very busy time of year. I like Wine Country Trattoria vs. Ariel's grotto. The Picnic option is not as good. There is no actual seating, just a "staging" area (but the Dining option gets you the best location).

Lilo and Stitch was at Paradise pier I believe, personally I think the food at Goofy's Kitchen is better (and the event is more fun).

Have a good visit!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I've done the picnic option for WOC twice. I liked not having to wait in line for my fast pass, the food was pretty good. It is standing only, even for the people who bought the pricer dinner option. But the difference is the dinner option gets you the best view but you are still standing. The first time I went, I got the blue section and ended up standing right next to those in the preferred view and got almost as good a view as they did. But then again I'm 6'0 feet tall so I'm going to get better than the average view, even though I was standing all the way in the back row.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

You've already gotten some great answers from our members, but I'll add my 3 cents!

The only difference in the character meals, is like DLfreak71 stated, the characters will be dressed in "Christmasy" attire.

I've only done WOC once, and I did the picnic meal. I figured I had to eat at some point during the day anyway, and that was one of the cheaper options to get the WOC pass. Personally, I liked the meal I got (fried chicken). But as 1Disneylandfan said you stand no matter if you bought the cheap picnic meal, paid big bucks for the fancy meals or walked up at the last minute. You might be able to find a small piece of real estate to sit on before the show starts, but once it does you have to stand.

That use to be at the Paradise Pier Hotel. But has been changed to the Surf's Up with Mickey and friends. You still get a character meal, but I'm not sure if Lilo and Stitch show up there anymore since I haven't done that venue since the Lilo and Stitch character show was there.

But you will be arriving on Walt's Birthday. And while the resort doesn't do anything special for the event, except for releasing a pin, it will be magical just being there on that day! I've done it once (of course its my birthday too) and its cool to be there. Plus the holidays are just a magical time anyway... the whole atmosphere of the park makes it special. You will have a wonderful time, just know that even during the week it will probably be pretty busy, but still loads of fun! Weather can be crazy... December is usually a wet month so come prepared for possible showers.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 11-07-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

We have done it twice with the Wine Country Trattoria. Its a decent meal but you are really paying for the preferred seating. I think its totally worth it. I think its $40 per person not counting any alcoholic beverages.

• ---------------

The website (for the PPH) shows Stich. Only reason I think you MIGHT see Stich (then again, Disney is running commercials with the sword in the stone as a working attraction and it isn't)

I also agree with John K that you might have a better food at Goofy's. I've also hears Storyteller's is great (Chip and Dale)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz