Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist

Phantom Boats. Mostly because they were always breaking.

Canal Boats of the World was a close second, though. Nothing to see!

As much as we all, myself included, deride some of the modern day failures, they don't hold a candle to the ones which flopped in the early days. Innoventions is huge, has massive capacity, is air-conditioned, offers probably thousands of hours of variable entertainment if you were to play every video game type they offered. Contrast that with an unthemed cruise around the shrubless lagoon, with a one in four chance that your boat would break and they'd have to go get you.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    I vote for Soarin'

You have GOT to be kidding me?? Are you on crack?? That ride is awesome!!!! WOW!! I never in my life ... WOW ....
    :confused:

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    I'm not very fond of Soarin' either. I think the technology is great, I just don't like the film or theme that they chose (and it has a terrible queue). But I wouldn't list it as one of Disney's worst.

My top five LEAST favorites:
    1) Innoventions
    2) Honey I Shrunk the Audience
    3) Super Star Limo
    4) Golden Zepher
    5) Golden Dreams
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Just this guy......

DL:Innoventions
    DCA: Super Star Limo

• Santa Barbara, CA

Rocket Rods hands down.
    Superstar Limo
    Innoventions
    Splash Mountain
    Pooh
    America Sings
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by squinky
    It lacks the "charm" that the 50-year-old rides do but for a slow kids' ride it's absolutely fine.
    Well, maybe the reason it's not popular is that most people aren't slow kids. ;-)
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Minion

I know I am gonna get a lot of bad rep votes for this....

But my vote is "Its a Small World".

God that thing takes up a lot of prime real-estate that could be used for something so much better then card-board kids with tilting heads singing annoying songs.

The problem is, it will NEVER go away. Because it was at the "Worlds Fair" and its "Part of history" and "Its a classic". I stopped riding that ride when I was 5 and only went on 2 years ago because A. I was tired. B. I was in the area and C. I forgot how BORING and stupid the ride was.

After that, the 2nd biggest waist of good space is Innoventions, 3rd is HISTA, 4th is Pooh.

Half of DCA is a waist of space but Cal Screamin, TOT, and that rappids ride they have. Everything else I can ride at the Orange County Fair when it pulls into town. INCLUDING Mullholand. That coaster IS a carnie coaster welded not bolted togeather. Im sure when its time to go, demo/dismantle wont take more then 45 mins if they get experanced carnies on the job

Of corse I LIKED Rocket Rods.... Im a sinner. I just did not like the line. But the Circle Vision section was at least cool.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee
    Phantom Boats. Mostly because they were always breaking.

Canal Boats of the World was a close second, though. Nothing to see!
    True enough, but hard to judge as the times were different. Rides you've never been on I assume. If I was to toss in rides I haven't seen but guessed were bad I'd add Satellite view of America (Space Station X-1).

Rocket Rods always broke too, but the 40 year wiser WDI should have known better, same with the nothing to see aspect of Innoventions. The paradigm had been established by now. Here we are in the most technologically rich era of our time and Honeywell is all they can come up with? For my dough, I'll give those early days a break as there was no competition for those thoughtless duds, but now we should know better with 40 years experience and a wallet to fund it. Just a thought

:o
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Rocket Rods hands down.
    Superstar Limo
    Innoventions
    Splash Mountain
    Pooh
    America Sings
    Splash Mountain?

Must...Control...Fist...of Death...
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

With all due respect to Cousin Orvilles statement about Disneylands past, I am going to answer the question as it was asked. With that, I thoughtfully submit this for your consideration...
    #1. Bathroom of Tomorrow
    #2. Hall of Aluminum Fame
    #3. Hall of Chemistry
    #4. Holidayland
    #5. Videopolis The first of Eisners many blunders!
    Last edited by Circarama; 03-12-2005 at 11:08 PM.

• LoisAlene

Captain EO

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Lost in Wonderland

I say the Winnie the Pooh Ride...
    I hate those overgrown gentle-rocking ride vehicles... Maybe if you were drunk and filled the vehicle with a bunch of other drunk friends, you might actually enjoy the ride as you merrily consume your Not-allowed-in-Disneyland beer.

• Magical Memories fanzine

technically speaking holidayland, was neither a ride, nor a themed "land". It was just a space that corporations and parties could rent out, basically one big picnic ground. Unless you perhaps count the mousketeer circus which wasnt entirely in holidayland.

I know hokey as this sounds, both the hall of aliminum, and the bathrooms of tommorrow look kinda interesting to me, from the pictures I have seen of them. But they they are probably more fun to look at than actually visit.

I thought videopolis was kinda a neat idea really, it was just an updating of the Walt era teen dance nights Disneyland used to host.

I have never been in innovations, but it sounds and looks pretty boring with the exception of that stitch thing. Never seen HISTA, I have the audio which is mildly entertaining. Never got to ride Rocket Rods (though that one wasnt for lack of trying, we waited in lien forever and it broke down), however for how much those darned things broke down, and for how short the ride was, I think I have to say Rocket Rods was the worst ride idea ever... it could have been good had it had some cohesive theme, and stuff to look at, and was tested thouroughly so it wouldnt break down so doggone much.

DCA.... wellll thats tough since there are really so many stinkers and unfinished rides (by unfinished I mean they LOOK it, like orange stinger; where is the themeing to the INSIDE of the orange peel shell???). GRR was only ok to me, again nothing to look at, just a typical rapids ride. DCA is too tough to call just one for me.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    1) Rocket Rods

2) Superstar Limo

3) Mullohand Madness

4) ALL of Paradise Pier in CA except California Screamin
    Mullohland Madness is kinda fun.....
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Since I haven't been to DCA and never had the chance to go on Rocket Rods, I wouldhave to say the most diappointing ride I've ever experienced was Mission to Mars.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast