Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Okay well the superstar limo was probably the best ride they have ever had, and as far as the worst...maliboomer.

• Minion

Rocket Rods for sure, I waited for hours, only for the vehicle to move literally about three inches. And then It broke down!! The look on my face, I thought I was going to cry! fhqwhgads dahkskadh

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The "Most Terrible Attraction" in Disneyland History.

WOW! That would be quite an extensive award with an
    Enor"Mouse" title like that, it would have to be bestowed
    on a project so huge as to create so many problems that
    a few quick fixes, a few new shows, reviving a parade that
    had once glowed away forever, and a Towering E-Ticket
    would not be enough to turn around the status of this
    endevour.

(insert drum roll here)

The winner of the Most Terrible Attraction Created in Disneyland
    Resort History is:

Disney's California Adventure and Downtown Disney!

With over 45 years in the making, and a successor to Westcot, a project so large, yet so short sighted in absolutely every single aspect of it's very being, which somehow tried to combine Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm, and Magic Mountain under the austisies of the "Disney" BRAND. And even with one attraction that soars above the rest, and one lobby that displays Disney Animation in a beautiful way, the creators of this Frankenstein of a project should be happy to know that the Disney Corporation does not report to Donald Trump.

The 1st runner up, is:

Tomorrowland '98

This project, that was imagineered for nearly a decade, which also had an elaborate precescessor, became down graded and delayed, brought attractions that were up in space, down to earth, brought the busy TL of the 70's and 80's, to a Blackhole of self detruction of the late 90's. This project imploded upon itself, practically before it was even introduced to the media, killed off several TL attractions in it's inseption, all with the lack of committment to follow thru for "ReImagineering a New Attraction" in a Circular building. And the Irony of this debacle of '98 remains that the project most despised, is that it remains open in the old Carousel of Progress/America Sings building. This entire project of '98, which I refer to as the Black Hole that almost sucked all the life out of the DL, still has a Black eye from this negligence and lack of committment to the future of DL in the very land called Tomorrowland. And this, still occurring 8 to 9 years of it's insipid inception.

and finally

the 2nd Runner Up goes to

Pooh's Maniacal Extermination of the Country Bears from their Home in Critter Country.

This ne're do well of a Bear let all claws out to exterminate all the Country Bears from BOTH stages in Critter Country, ransacked their very home with honey and now let Hephalumps and Woozles trounce in victory, all while Pooh forces the inanimate versions of Max, Buff and Melvin, to stare glassy eyed, eternally, at Pooh's own Birthday celebration.

This 3rd rate, third try, and worst effort of a pooh attraction had no business terrorizing our friendly Country Bears, who offered 2 beautiful stage areas, with unlimited possibilities for other animatronic shows.

WINNIE THE POOH!

• I like Cheese...

Everything after Indy and before Buzz.

1. Winnie the Pooh
    2. Almost everything on PP (except screamin')
    3. My daughter thinks Dumbo is pretty boring.

• Minion

I have to say Innoventions. There is so much more they could do with that. it was a neat idea, that they did on the cheap. I agree how it provides a cool down and take a break place, they just needed to use more imagination. It just turned into a sample place for all those sponsers. Who started to leave in droves. But cousin Orville, Spalsh Mountain? America Sings? C'mon, I feel totally jipped if I can't ride Splash Mountain. And I loved America sings as a kid. It provided one of those truely unique Disney experiences you would never see anywhere else. Oh, and I almost forgot, That Pooh ride that replaced one of the greatest attractions Country bear Jamboree! I will always be bitter about that. Then to put out that awful movie...
    Last edited by travelmom; 03-13-2005 at 01:08 PM.

• Greetings, Program!

Pooh.

I cannot believe to this day that such a Disney classic (The Country Bears) were swept aside for this. They literally traded in a Bentley for a Yugo, friends.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Superstar Limo or Captain EO.

• Puppy Cuddles

In defense of Rocket Rods, the que for this ride was absolutely amazing! Once you actually got inside, the circle vision and the blueprint room with the classic ride vehicles was so much fun to look at. Not to mention you could sit down once you got to the circle vision room. That said, I'm still bitter because my eighth grade Disneyland trip (one of the great things about school in SoCal - Disney is a must) happened to be on opening day of TL'98. So we waited in line for this ride for...wait for it...

***FOUR HOURS***

I'm sorry the most classic, best, coolest, most stupendous ride ever created is not worth a four hour line. For God's sake Indy only ever topped out at three hours for me (another ride I experienced the first month or so it was open). We did eventually get on, but of course the ride broke down about halfway through. Grr on rocket rods for angering the panda.

Innoventions has some good things...the segways...oh my God those are cool. I want one. They need more of those. And discussing the merits of 80s rock with Stitch was probably the coolest thing I've been able to do at Disneyland before they started refurbs in earnest.

As for DCA, I never went on Superstar Limo, so I'd be interested in knowing what it was about. I didn't even know it was a ride. I guess that says something about it. Could someone give me the basic story or lack thereof? :confused:
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

I actually enjoyed the Rocket Rods. They not only added a cool concept of transportation in the future, but also contributed to the overall atmosphere of tomorrowland itself.
    Remember what it was like walking around, listening to those cars zipping by on the track? It's really a pity that they couldn't invest more money into banking the track to avoid all the problems that plagued it.
    I have to say, I think that Superstar Limo just lacked any real magic. If you want this kind of experience, just watch the Oscars. I didn't see the need for it at all.

• Sock Puppet

Hey! It turns out that Aladdin is a huge clown!

• Minion

You know... I had to look back at rides I've actually been on. Arguably, rides that existed in my lifetime that I COULD have gone on but chose not to could go into consideration, but that's a little unfair. So, that said, my choice for most terrible goes to Autopia. Yeah, I had fun on it as a little kid, but I also had fun with an empty refrigerator box. Midget Autopia looks more interesting than anything I ever remember being done with Autopia. As I got a little older, the only real genuine fun was ramming whoever was in front of you, which you're always being told not to do.

And of course, as an adult, I hate the lack of theming, the silly guiderails, the over-longness of it, its total lack of belonging in Tomorrowland, the contribution it makes to poor air qquality, and the fact that it sucks up SO much land for what it is.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

1. Rocket Rods. Biggest waste of money ever
    2. Innoventions. Tom Morrow is one cool animatronic, but the whole thing is boring.
    3. Super Star Limo. Blegh!
    4. Canal Boats of the world. Never went on it, but heard bad things about it.
    5. Phantom Boats
    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer boy
    4. Canal Boats of the world. Never went on it, but heard bad things about it.
    Of course you never went on it, it would be like 36 years or so before you were born. Same with Phantom Boats.
    Worst DL ride ever would have to be Superstar Limo and the whole of Paradise Pier, except that huge Dinosaur where I got the hat of the actual building which is now on top of the mirror connected to my dresser and got comments from the Mad Hatter and our Jungle Cruise skipper when I went to WDW two years ago.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast