Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Toad Hall

The incredibles and the People Mover Track?

What does everybody think about bringing the people mover track back and use the system and theming of the incredibles. You would board one of the pod vehicles that syndrome uses in the movie.
    <font size=4> </font>

• Minion of Chernabog

Re: The incredibles and the People Mover Track?

I would say because it doesn't fit the theme, but there is none to not fit.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

• Insomniac

I'd rather have a return to the past with a ride not connected to Pixar! I love incredibles don't get me wrong but it's becoming Pixar Land even more than DCA. Regardless it doesn't fit the so called "theme" in the slightest and putting it in would only degrade the theme even more.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Senior Minion

I wouldn't want it done, but I'm sure some would. I mean the design is somewhat futuristic, but the film clearly isn't. But I really don't think it's the best fit for TL. Of course back in Walt's days they might have designed a new attraction to be very similar to a movie without requiring a specific all out connection, but these days they'd want the character in the name of the attraction. So it wouldn't surprise me if this idea has already gotten very serious thought. But may have been determined to not to be cost effective and they're still going to remove the tracks eventually. At least I've been hearing that rumor a lot.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    What does everybody think about bringing the people mover track back and use the system and theming of the incredibles. You would board one of the pod vehicles that syndrome uses in the movie.
    It's been brought up before.
    Simply for the fact that it's a pod and people couldn't stick their hands, feet and legs out (I guess that's what OSHA is worried).

The pods are futuristic and I'd rather see them than any wall•e pods (at least they are fun vs depressing)

I do agree that Disney should/can install pod like vehicles without tying it to a movie. Can the current management do this, it would be nice but not holding my breath.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

I'd rather see a Meet the Robinsons based direction for a PeopleMover replacement. Change of pace from the Pixar stuff in that area of the park, fits Tomorrowland like a glove, William Joyce's architecture would be really cool to see in three-dimensions, and the Incredibles deserves a full-out E-Ticket elsewhere anyways.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    I'd rather see a Meet the Robinsons based direction for a PeopleMover replacement. Change of pace from the Pixar stuff in that area of the park, fits Tomorrowland like a glove, William Joyce's architecture would be really cool to see in three-dimensions, and the Incredibles deserves a full-out E-Ticket elsewhere anyways.
    I could stomach seeing Meet the Robinsons in TL. As long as it wasn't too in your face. At least it would mix it up (Pixar/Disney)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

I'm confused, but the track cant be used at all right? Meaning no matter what they decide to put on it, it would have to be dramatically rebuilt for it to even be considered safe. It just sounds like they will have to tear down the entire thing and rebuild it from scratch. Or am I wrong?

Eitherway, I agree with other people, it wouldnt really fit the theme but then again neither Nemo OR Buzz really fit the theme either so whats another out of place Pixar ride in that space? As long as its good!

And although it sounds like the track would be ripped out forever, if they found a way to bring something back, I would prefer something story based.

And kind of weird Incredibles doesnt have a ride anywhere yet!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I'm under the impression that Disney can't put a ride on the track because it's no longer grandfathered in due to Rocket Rods
    and OSHA is concerned about people stick out their hand, feet and legs (thus injuries).
    I also think due to Rocket Rods (not grandfathered), the attraction needs to become handicapped accessible.

Again,
    this is my understanding.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Senior Minion

I do think there's some major safety and code issues they'd have to overcome to make anything work. It sounds to me like it's not likely that they'll try to bother, so I agree WorldDisney that it is still most likely they'll end up tearing the track out. Then it's a question if they'll try to build some kind of replacement.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Monorail Minion

I also believe there is an issue with sections (large sections) of the track not being structurally sound enough to run a ride on them again without major refurbishment and retrofitting.

Again, just my understanding...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

1) Structures can be rebuilt and or strengthened.

2) Windows can prevent arms from reaching out too far.
    2b) Solar Powered Air-conditioning is very futuristic.

3) The PM track has something even more important than the track itself.......a nice and long right of way. Little would have to be done to other attractions for it to re-start operations.

4) Incredibles Pods are a perfect fit for TL......so long as they leave out the Supers and focus on the vehicles themselves.

5) Let's do it
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

3) The PM track has something even more important than the track itself.......a nice and long right of way. Little would have to be done to other attractions for it to re-start operations.

4) Incredibles Pods are a perfect fit for TL......so long as they leave out the Supers and focus on the vehicles themselves.
    I agree
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Toad Hall

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

5) Let's do it
    +1
    <font size=4> </font>

• -

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Change of pace from the Pixar stuff in that area of the park
    Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    At least it would mix it up (Pixar/Disney)
    I hate to break it to you guys, but Pixar and Disney are the same thing. Your argument makes no sense. That is like saying Pan fits in the park because he is a person but Dumbo doesn't because he is an elephant.

What we should really be concerned with is the current ratio of character to non-character attractions. If they were to repurpose the tracks, I would want something in the spirit of RocketRods and Peoplemover - an original non-character based ride that adds a nice sense of motion to the land.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I'm under the impression that Disney can't put a ride on the track because it's no longer grandfathered in due to Rocket Rods
    and OSHA is concerned about people stick out their hand, feet and legs (thus injuries).
    I also think due to Rocket Rods (not grandfathered), the attraction needs to become handicapped accessible.
    The biggest concern is not people sticking out their ands, but rather the lack of emergency egresses. I don't know the actual code section off the top of my head, but I believe they have to be about every fifteen feet or so.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast