5 12.20%
  • Sounds interesting

14 34.15%
  • Mehh...

9 21.95%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: TRON Legacy Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Kanobi26 View Post
    I know that a brief segment of The Peoplemover was TRON themed, but the entire Peoplemover/Rocket Rods track just has been sitting unused for years now.

Imagine if the whole track was used for a TRON themed ride? I think it would be amazing to zip around Tomorrow land on a lightcycle-style vehicle!
    I see you are not privy to the oodles and oodles of talk over this very subject. The basic bottom line is: the track is not suitable for another ride. It is structurally incapable of supporting a ride such as the rocket rods, let alone a tron-lightcycle ride. It would require a great amount of work and headaches, and in the end, probably would just add to the congestion of an already practically unworkable corridor.

Am I missing anything in the 'old peoplemover track argument', guys?
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

Oh, that sucks to hear. I was totally unaware the current track isn't usable anymore, nuts!

I wish they had gone the TRON-ride route initially, instead of creating the Rocket Rods... oh well.

Either way I still miss the Peoplemovers a lot and bummed it was taken out of Disneyland! But at least we can ride it still in WDW

Very creative! great idea

Smile Re: TRON Legacy Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post
    It needs a better resolution. "No! We aren't gonna escape! Wait, what's that? TRON! YAY! Well, that was anticlimactic." Too easy.
    First off I love the concept of this ride, the Tron Universe is to unique to not have a ride at DL.

But as for the quote above...

That's a good point. To make the inclusion of Tron a lot less Deus Ex Machina you could have him meet the light cycle as soon as you get to the Grid (and part of the explanation Sam gives you beforehand), you could then have Tron guide you for a little bit, but he gets got up in a skirmish with some of CLU's soldiers. Then you could continue with the wrong turn as you make the get away as Tron tries to hold off the soldier's. And the rest of the story could continue from there. Hope this was a good solution to that little sticker in the paw (plus it gets more of Tron into the story and who doesn't love that?

• Greetings, Program!

Neat-O
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• film975

My idea for a TRON: Legacy attraction is to bring back the People Mover in the form of a light runner. And have ENCOM sponsor the ride as a prototype vehicle that would tour Tomorrowland. Then maybe in the old speed tunnel, we accidentally enter the grid and are chased by CLU and his minions. It would be cool if they did a 360 3-D thing similar to King Kong over at Universal. The TRON part of the People Mover is one thing I really do miss too. But I do like the idea of a Harry Potter or Spider-Man type ride for TRON: Legacy in the Innoventions building. But I really do think that TRON needs to be something that has never been done before.

Love the idea, but i agree it would be better suited in Tomorrowland. It does remind me of the old People Mover segments as stated by previous commenters. I think it would be cool to incorporate Olivia Wilde's character and have guests accidentally enter into the grid like in the first TRON and she has to 'save' us.

• Dave

Blog Entries

I like the idea but I feel it would fit better in tommorowland. Tron was part of the people mover at one time. I think that could again be tied into an updated version of the [people mover. I just do not think it would fit in the hollywood land. I would prefer a show go in their or something based on movies would be better for that local
    Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12