5 12.20%
  • Sounds interesting

14 34.15%
  • Mehh...

9 21.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Lightbulb TRON Legacy Ride

Hey all, DM here again. Just listen to the video link below, and experince my idea for a TRON-themed ride at DLR. Note: even though there are more TRON Legacy elements in it, it doesn't revolve around just that, it's meant to celebrate TRON as a whole. (EDIT: VIDEO LINK DOES NOT WORK)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKzIf...el_video_title

Location: Hollywood Pictures Backlot in the old Millionare building/Flynn's Arcade, or Tomorrowland in Innoventions
    Ride Type: Ride system similar to Spiderman ride at IOA and Transformers at USH, or maybe even Harry Potter at IOA

Plot: On a simple public tour to the ENCOM facilities, you, the guests, are invited to explore the newest technologies soon to be unveiled by ENCOM. Your host, Casey L. Ullmann, played by a CM (and by the way, don't his initials seem suspicious?), leads you through the facilities and gives you a small bit of history and things to come at ENCOM. However, he is interrupted turns into a mission after Sam Flynn, the protagonist of TRON: Legacy, urges the guests to help him on a quest to find a vital part to searching for what could be a distress signal from his long-gone father, Kevin Flynn. After a brief rundown of the mission, Sam warns of a reincarnation of his old enemy, CLU, from the film, who plans to use this believed signal for making himself an MCP. Sam cannot do the mission, seeing as how it's too risky for him to return there with CLU on the loose. And the role of the guests? They will be given certain tasks, somewhat like in Mission: SPACE. Guests will board their vehicles after exiting from the presentation room to the delivery area in the "back" of the ENCOM building. Sam communicates and controls the vehicle from his current, unknown location.

Rundown:
    0:00-0:11 (Music:None)= Car enigine starts as the guests prepare to enter the Grid

0:12-0:25 (Music: Recognizer)= The vehicle is facing the quantam teleporter as they are about to enter, and then in a flash of light..........

0:26-1:02 (Music: Recognizer)= Guests are on the Grid, with projection screens and real three-dimensional sets adding to the excitement

1:02-2:22 (Music: The Game Has Changed)= However, the vehicle makes a wrong turn, and soon finds itself in the lightcycle arena

2:23-4:06 (Music: Derezzed)= The vehicle escapes the arena after defeating and vanquishing their unwanted oppponents, only to be confronted by Recognizers and Tanks, which pursues in a thrilling chase. In the end, Sam recieves a message, not from his father, but from an unknown source: "FLYNN LIVES". Sam calls mission accomplished, but..........

4:07-4:31 (Music: None)= The vehicle comes to a screeching halt, and guests find themselves face to face with CLU (or at least his reincarnation). CLU demands the message, believing it holds valuable information

4:32-5:52 (Music: Fall)= Sam decides that it's time to escape the Grid, thus leading to the Portal, and a chase between the riders aagainst CLU and his army. The vehicle changes form and becomes a Light Jet. In the end, an unknown streak of blue crashes into CLU, thus vanquishing him. Sam says in surprise "Tron", but not before the vehicle takes a surprising 360 spin into the Portal.

5:52-5:55= A short moment of blackness: did they survive?

5:56-8:04 (Music: End Credits)= Of course they did! Sam congratulates the guests and thanks them for their work. The post-ride music plays as riders disembark, and stops once all riders have done so.

Post-Ride/Gift Shop= Security footage on TV monitors in the post-ride area and gift shop suggest that ENCOM employees and security are searching for Sam Flynn. The gift shop will sell TRON-related merchandise and other sci-fi type merchandise. The name of the store will be "Grid Gifts and Novelties".
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So what do you guys think? Post comments and thoughts below!
    Last edited by DisneylandMaster; 11-08-2011 at 11:21 AM.
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Re: TRON Legacy Ride

Just an FYI. I tried to watch the video and I get this error:

"This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright ground."
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Just an FYI. I tried to watch the video and I get this error:

"This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright ground."
    Hmm...it worked on mine, but if it doesn't work on that, then IDK what to do about it now...
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

I'm not going to lie. I was skeptical when I read the topic title... But you managed to pull it off. I think that the way you have envisioned this ride could possibly work in HSB, if a clearer connection was found between its placement and the ride itself. I mean, what city is ENCOM supposed to be in in the first place? What would the building be doing in a Hollywood backlot? Especially after the place-making of the land into a 1940's era Hollywood, a good transition would have to be found.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

• Not on the Jedi Council

Innoventions would be a fine place for it.

Sounds like it would be a fun ride, though the soundtrack video was blocked for me also with the copyright notice thingy.

• Shiver Me Knee Caps

yea it would be better found in Tomorrowland....good idea! I think it would be better keeping the ride vehicle the same through out the ride though and there needs to be a better reason why we're going through the adventure rather than Sam...perhaps CLU has programmed Sam's DNA into the grid (remember the blood splatter in the arena??) and so temporarily Sam is unable to "crossover" because his DNA has been blocked out??

• Minion of Chernabog

It needs a better resolution. "No! We aren't gonna escape! Wait, what's that? TRON! YAY! Well, that was anticlimactic." Too easy.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

So guests board a "Light runner" vehicle? If so, I'm in!

Anyways, I always thought that all TRON things were more fitting in Tomorrowland than HPB. I personally think that the only reason elecTRONica exists is to give life to a dead place at night. I also had this same question, first posted by 0ranos, "What would the building be doing in a Hollywood backlot?", but I suppose it wouldn't matter. elecTRONica is already there and it has nothing to do with Hollywood.

Also, curse you UMG. I can't watch your video.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

• Insomniac

Anything TRON yes please!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

I'd just prefer to see it in the Superspeed Tunnel on the Peoplemover
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Artistic integrity

For a realistic idea how any Tron ride is going to shape up ... pay attention to the development of Shanghai's Tomorrowland .. where it's apparrent .. it will get a Tron ride in place of Space Mountain.

And just keep your fingers crossed that it make it's way to Tomorrowland sometime this decade. But probably not before Shanghai Disneyland opens.

I'm personally hoping on it. Rather a RIDE .. than another EXHIBIT walk-through which I'm personally dubbing Innoventions 2.0 (aka Stark Expo).

• Minion

For Disneyland, there was a TRON attraction well into development to replace Innoventions, but it has since been scrapped. An identical or very similar version of that attraction will open with Shanghai. For Disneyland, that attraction, at least in the near future, is dead.

Personally, I wasn't too impressed with the TRON: Legacy film. I found it really slow and I fell asleep halfway through haha

Why don't they use the old 'Rocket Rods' track and make a TRON themed lightcycle-type ride?

It could be really amazing, and would fit right into the Tomorrowland theme!

Wouldn't that be an amazing experience and be a perfect fit in all aspects of location?

• Muthdard! Don't be Silly.

They already had a TRON based ride, go to 4 min 38 seconds of this video Disneyland-Peoplemover Thru the World of Tron-Sept. 1990. The Whole Ride. Part 1 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Brentg71 View Post
    They already had a TRON based ride, go to 4 min 38 seconds of this video Disneyland-Peoplemover Thru the World of Tron-Sept. 1990. The Whole Ride. Part 1 - YouTube
    I know that a brief segment of The Peoplemover was TRON themed, but the entire Peoplemover/Rocket Rods track just has been sitting unused for years now.

Imagine if the whole track was used for a TRON themed ride? I think it would be amazing to zip around Tomorrow land on a lightcycle-style vehicle!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast