Holiday decorations come down ... when?

So we are trying to throw together a last min trip to DLR. We already have a 5 day trip in Feb. I am not so worried about attractions, I am more worried about the whole holiday feel and decore. As well as the Holiday entertainment. So with that being said what is the last day the park as a whole is decorated? I really want to see IASW Holiday because I haven't seen it in about 7 years. Not to mention the SNOW ! basically my fav part of the park during the holiday season.

Thanks!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Holiday decorations come down ... when?

Sunday, January 8th

Holiday is longer this year w/ New years landing on Sunday.
    Usually the holiday season ends on the first Sunday of January (If New years is on Sat/Sun then it's the second Sunday).

I'm guessing it takes a few days to take down all the decor.

Holidays at Disneyland | Disneyland Resort

From November 14, 2011 to January 8, 2012, the holiday season transforms the entire Disneyland Resort into a winter wonderland, where hundreds of thousands of lights brighten the night, fireworks burst to the sounds of the season and snow falls in Southern California!
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 11-09-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

whew we just might make it. two trips in two months, not over kill right? haha

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
    two trips in two months, not over kill right? haha
    Overkill?! That's what I call deprived!

• Sock Puppet

If you are going in February, I think you just might be out of luck... It is an even quicker process to take down the decorations than to put them up... However, you might encounter some Valentines Day decorations on your trip, it you are visiting around that time... Keep your eye out, they are charming, but subtle...

thank you everyone for the info
    I am now attending on jan 1-3 and feb 19-25
    we are purchasing annual passes (in the past i have gotten 5 day passes but seeing that we go multiple times a year it is just silly not go get an AP, and that means i have and excuse to go even more often with an AP right ?!)
    I must see the decorations, smell the gingerbread and dance in the snow.
    AND I must ride the matterhorn and grizzly run before they are down for referb!
    Living in northern california is only a minor hiccup for my disney addiction !

anyone know of anything I might miss on the feb that trip that I should hit for sure on the jan trip? We are focused more on the holiday attractions for jan and in feb we will do our normal thing.

happy holidays!!

• Sock Puppet

whew we just might make it. two trips in two months, not over kill right? haha
    umm no that is not overkill. I agree it's deprived, i go 5 times a month. That's overkill!!! LOL

PoisonedApples:

I wish I could go so often, we live in VERY northern california and when we go its a big deal. this year we are getting APs and hope to go on at least 4 5 day trips with it.

Mini trip in Jan for decorations
    5 days in Feb
    Mini trip in March for my birthday
    5 days in June/July (depends on cars land opening)
    5 days in Oct for Halloween
    and another 5 days in December for Xmas again

crossing my fingers we can make it all happen. it is approx 1000 for us to go for 5 days, that is before food and 'play' costs. so we usually spend 1500 per 5 day trip. That means in the next year we plan to spend approx 8000 on disney trips in the next year !!!! oh man if my boyfriend only saw these numbers hahahahahaha

• Sock Puppet

PoisonedApples:

I wish I could go so often, we live in VERY northern california and when we go its a big deal. this year we are getting APs and hope to go on at least 4 5 day trips with it.

5 days in Feb

crossing my fingers we can make it all happen. it is approx 1000 for us to go for 5 days, that is before food and 'play' costs. so we usually spend 1500 per 5 day trip. That means in the next year we plan to spend approx 8000 on disney trips in the next year !!!! oh man if my boyfriend only saw these numbers hahahahahaha
    What numbers he does not see won't hurt him. And if he doesn't ask how much it will cost then you are good to go!!

PoisonedApples:

5 days in Feb

This made me happy and feel a little less crazy. We (me and my kid) are on our 3rd trip in 13 months from the great white north (Eastern Washington state). I dont even want to think about how much $ i have spent there in those trips... Yikes! My co-workers think i have lost my marbles!

• Banned User

Holiday Decorations will start to come down January 9th that morning at like 2a.m Haunted Mansion and ISASW will go dark for their couple of weeks while taking the layover down. Most Decorations will be gone January 9th, usually the tree is gone usually what is up is the garland and the Castle stuff that usually takes a couple days to get it down.

Quote Originally Posted by PaigeTurner View Post
    This made me happy and feel a little less crazy. We (me and my kid) are on our 3rd trip in 13 months from the great white north (Eastern Washington state). I dont even want to think about how much $ i have spent there in those trips... Yikes! My co-workers think i have lost my marbles!
    our family and friends think we are batty ! but in a sense we are lucky because we can cut a lot of corners being two adults. cruddy hotel rooms, driving not flying, cutting costs on meals, we dont purchase a lot of memorabilia and travel light. if we had kids it wouldnt be possible.

the next big trip is 7 days in WDW in 2013 and we will be traveling with a large family. We are all starting to save and plan. I am scared of the bill on that trip!!

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
    Holiday Decorations will start to come down January 9th that morning at like 2a.m Haunted Mansion and ISASW will go dark for their couple of weeks while taking the layover down. Most Decorations will be gone January 9th, usually the tree is gone usually what is up is the garland and the Castle stuff that usually takes a couple days to get it down.
    Wow that sounds amazing. I am not brave enough to travel across country to WDW with a small child so we stick to DLR. The upshot to having a kid and saving for trips is i have no social life the other 49 weeks a year. LOL, I think that was a joke, but also the truth because it is pretty easy to turn a night out with friends at a bar or whatever to save for that next trip.

Also, I travel a TON for work and collect "points" from hotels i stay at for work and redeem them for Disneyland trips and of course mileage credit card for everything.

I think i am gonna get an AP during this next trip (in 8 days, woot woot!) sounds crazy to even myself, but all i gotta do is make like one more 4 day trip this year (and oh yeah, that is totally happening) and i more than break even.

Happy travels to you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaigeTurner:1056681535
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
    Wow that sounds amazing. I am not brave enough to travel across country to WDW with a small child so we stick to DLR. The upshot to having a kid and saving for trips is i have no social life the other 49 weeks a year. LOL, I think that was a joke, but also the truth because it is pretty easy to turn a night out with friends at a bar or whatever to save for that next trip.

Also, I travel a TON for work and collect "points" from hotels i stay at for work and redeem them for Disneyland trips and of course mileage credit card for everything.

I think i am gonna get an AP during this next trip (in 8 days, woot woot!) sounds crazy to even myself, but all i gotta do is make like one more 4 day trip this year (and oh yeah, that is totally happening) and i more than break even.

Happy travels to you!!!
    We are getting aps too when we go. This will be our first year with them. But me being a crazy planner I have crunched all the numbers. We will save a fortune!!! It is totally worth it even if you don't live close by like yourself and us. I can't wait for all the savings on food and merchandise and free parking !!!! We are able to do the monthly payments as ca residents so that is also a huge savings. 80$ I think to get it started and we get to go for 5 days then make our monthly payments, its a breeze.
    Love it just love it. Happy travels! So jealous you are going before me Haha

• DLR Cast Member

So we are trying to throw together a last min trip to DLR. We already have a 5 day trip in Feb. I am not so worried about attractions, I am more worried about the whole holiday feel and decore.
    I'm sorry to report they'll be gone by then. They start coming down Jan 8th, and are gone within a few days thereafter.