When was the Electrical Parade's Small World scene retired?

Can anyone tell me when the Main Street Electrical Parade's Small World scene was retired? It was there in 1986, but not in 1990, I believe.

• Banned User

In a little garden called Pixie Hollow at the base of the magestic Matterhorn Mountain

Re: When was the Electrical Parade's Small World scene retired?

the It's a Small World unit was retired in 1983

yesterland.com should answer all your questions on former Disneyland attractions

Quote Originally Posted by count_justin View Post
    the It's a Small World unit was retired in 1983

yesterland.com should answer all your questions on former Disneyland attractions
    That can't be true. Small World was around in 1986.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Actually, some units of the Main Street Electrical Parade have been part of Yesterland for a long time. The “It’s a Small World” unit and the “Briny Deep” unit went to Yesterland in 1983. They were joined by the “Birthday Cake” unit in 1988.
    source: Main Street Electrical Parade at Yesterland(a network site of MiceChat)

Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

In a little garden called Pixie Hollow at the base of the magestic Matterhorn Mountain

hmmm thats interesting, possibly Werner got the year wrong

• Shubisha

well also keep in mind that it was there in both WDW and Tokyo Disneyland's Version.. WDW's lasted through 1991.. tokyo's was.. 93-94 i think? And then WDW's went to Paris so I guess it continued there but I forget.

also.. the briny deep float became the pinocchio whale float didn't it?.. was that retired in 1983 or was it converted in 1983? (once again, WDW's version still had the whale after this I believe.. but they never had the pleasure island unit until this most recent debut in 2010 with DCA's version)

• Banned User

Small World was apart of the Electricla Parade in Paris until it waas shuttered in 2002. And an updated version of it still runs today in Tokyo's Dreamlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    Small World was apart of the Electricla Parade in Paris until it waas shuttered in 2002. And an updated version of it still runs today in Tokyo's Dreamlights.
    No, the Paris version of the scene was retired shortly after premiering in 1992.

• Banned User

i still think its a small world holiday's facade at night beats the float version in the Electrical Parade

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    well also keep in mind that it was there in both WDW and Tokyo Disneyland's Version.. WDW's lasted through 1991.. tokyo's was.. 93-94 i think? And then WDW's went to Paris so I guess it continued there but I forget.

also.. the briny deep float became the pinocchio whale float didn't it?.. was that retired in 1983 or was it converted in 1983? (once again, WDW's version still had the whale after this I believe.. but they never had the pleasure island unit until this most recent debut in 2010 with DCA's version)
    I'm not sure when it debuted, but the Pleasure Island floats were added in the '80s. It's likely it debuted around the time Pinnochio saw a theatrical rerelease in the '80s. We have home video of it in 1989. The Official Album of Disneyland/Walt Disney World Resort opens with the Electrical Parade, but I think it might have used the Briny Deep and ended with Pete's Dragon while missing a few units like Honor America and the closing fanfare. As we all know, the parade "glowed away forever" in 1996. It had a single night run with new Hercules units at the head of the parade in New York City. It ran at WDW. The Pleasure Island and 7 Dwarf Mine floats went to Paris (where they were rumored to be damaged by fire). I did notice in 2009 that there was no longer a Lampwick rubber head next to Pinnochio, but what appears to be a face Lampwick character.