Smile Going to Disneyland for the second time in my life!

Hey there Micechat friends! My name is Gustavo and I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I'm very exited to say that in December 2011 I'll be paying a visit to the Disneyland Resort....Although I've been to the WDW Resort many times (living in Brazil, flying to Florida is way closer and cheaper than flying to California), it will be the second time in my life that I have the pleasure to visit the beautiful and charming Californian counterpart. Last time I was there, was in October 2004, before the 50th birthday clean up and for what I've seen here in miceage throughout these years, the park has changed a lot. So I would like to ask you all to please give me tips and advices so I can have the best time in my favourite place on earth!
    I'll be visiting the resort for two days (17th and 18th of December) and will be staying in a good neighbour hotel.
    Should I expect big crowds for this time of the year? How cold can it be around this time? Is it worth buying a WOC picnic box to secure a place for the show or will the crowds be light and it wouldn't be worth it?

Thank you so much for you time!

Have a great day everyone!

• I won't grow up!

Re: Going to Disneyland for the second time in my life!

Seeing as your going over the weekend it will be a bit crowded, but nothing so terrible that it would put a huge damper on your trip. Since your going to be there two days I would spend one day in each park, and make sure your opening and closing both days

I would probably make a list of what you want to do most, then make a plan of action to accomplish it. But I am also a big planner so that may just be me

Also, you may not need it. But learn how to use fast passes, that way if you need them you know how to use the the most effective way.

Have a good trip! your almost a month away!!

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

Thank you Rose Red! I'm already making a list of attractions, shows and restaurants I would like to visit!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Congratulations!! How exciting and wonderful to be making a trip during the holiday time!!! Its one of the most beautiful times in the resort!

Being the holiday season it will be pretty busy. The closer you get to Christmas the more busy it will get. Most of the area schools will be starting their winter breaks, so expect some pretty good crowds that weekend. But even with lots of people, its still going to be a magical weekend just because of the holiday atmosphere!

December is the start of the rainy season for So Cal. Days can be fairly mild, but the nights turn pretty cold. If it rains a lot of the crowds thin out, and Disneyland in the rain can be a wonderful experience! A lot of people LOVE Disney in the rain. Keep an eye on the forecast, but remember that weather can change at a drop of the hat, and So Cal forecasters are notorious for changing their minds on a daily basis about what its going to do. Here are a couple of sites that have some good basic info on weather and such:

Average Temperatures and Attendance Trends for Disneyland - Magical Travel

Disneyland Attendance Info - Daily Attendance / Queue Length - The Disneyland Linkage

Average Weather for Anaheim, CA - Temperature and Precipitation

Two days start to finish should be a good amount of time. But personally, I don't think you will need a full day at DCA. Right now with all of the construction, the park doesn't have has much to offer. Once every thing is done yes, but right now... not so much. DCA opens later than Disneyland, so you can start one of your mornings there, go over to DCA when it opens and just judge for yourself if you need to spend more time there, or hit what you want and then go back over to Disneyland. Its easy to go back and forth between the two.

I bought the WOC picnic lunch once. As far as food goes I thought it was pretty good. And you get decent views with it. Personally I don't think I will ever watch WOC again, because I can't/don't like standing in one spot for a long time. But you have to eat at some point during the say anyway, so why not get one with the added bonus of getting a pass to one of the WOC viewing sections. I've thought about getting one of the meals just to eat when I'm there, because its pretty good food and priced fairly comparable to the rest of the resort.

No matter what you will have a great time! All the Christmas decorations and mood of the park... how can you not! I hope that after you share some of your pictures and experiences with us!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Thank you so much penguinsoda! I can't wait to experience the Holiday Magic at Disneyland!!! In some odd way, I do hope it rains a little in that weekend...Last time I was there it was raining and the park was so beautiful in the rain with all the lights reflecting on the wet floor. even that plants looked even more lush with all the rain. Not to mention that the crowds were very light and I had no problem riding everything I wanted...of course it was mid October and the crowds aren't as big as it is supposed to be during the Christmas season. Thank you so much for all thee info! I'm definitely buying the picnic box now!

Have a wonderful day

Gustavo

• Not on the Jedi Council

gumc, welcome back to the resort! If you can afford the $40 a person, the dinner option at Wine Country Trattoria is something I've done three times and enjoyed each time. It's an upgrade to the picnic idea. It was amazing food, three courses, with a salad, a main course, and an entire dessert tray for you to eat. It is soooo good.

Just make sure to start your day early, because any day before 10 am is much lighter in terms of crowds.

Thanks QuiGonJ! The Trattoria dinner sounds great! I'll definitely consider it. I'll try to get to the parks as early as possible!

I second the Trattoria dinner. It was wonderful the time I went! I have also done the picnic deal and thought it was okay. I would rather get the free fast pass than the picnic again, to be honest. I didn't notice a huge difference in the viewing area.
    I also recommend making a plan if there are things you really want to get done then you'll need a plan!
    Get there when the parks opens! The best time for low crowd levels is before 11. No matter what you will have fun!

• Bring back the Keelboats!

You are going to have a wonderful time! Try to catch Billy Hill and the Hillbillies at the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland. We just saw them two weeks ago and really enjoyed the show. It was shorter than it used to be, but they managed to throw in some new material.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by molosmiles View Post
    I second the Trattoria dinner. It was wonderful the time I went! I have also done the picnic deal and thought it was okay. I would rather get the free fast pass than the picnic again, to be honest. I didn't notice a huge difference in the viewing area.
    I agree just getting the free WoC FPs from the Grizzly River Rapids FP machines is better unless you want the meal with the picnic, lunch or dinner packages. The viewing isn't much different, you still need to get into Paradise Park early and get a spot near a rail for a great view. Also the meal packages don't save time.