Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Disneyland Souvenir Map Quest

I have a few of these from the 80's through the 90's. I love how they display things that aren't there anymore or sorta pay homage to those things that were. There was also some errors they printed up. I got one after Splash Mountain opened up and it showed America Sings as still being there with the 3 characters while showing Splash Mountain as being open. Also the Burning Cabin is shown in many of the maps long after the flames were turned off. Even a keel boat was on the river in one when the attraction was gone. They just put it on there for looks I guess LOL.

I make maps for a living. Of course I am completely and utterly fascinated by them!

• Sock Puppet

I don't have the giant maps like Op is talking about, but i got the ones you get at park at turnstiles, i will have more after tonight i promise!!

I bought a map on my first visit which was in 1976. It featured Space Mountain as a future attraction and still had Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland. (What a name for an attraction!) OMG! That was 35 years ago....

I'm from the Dallas/Fort Worth area and visited Six Flags every weekend when they first started selling season passes in 1972. My two brothers and I would always get a map at the beginning of the season. It was a large map intended to be put on a wall, although I would always see people try to use their map to get around. Ya gotta wonder if Angus Wynne got the idea from Walt's maps.

I didn't see any maps for sale at SFOT when I went there this summer; I have to conclude they don't make or sell them anymore. They do give you a small map and show schedule when you enter, a la Disney.

Are there any WDW wall maps for each park?
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12