Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Daughter of a DL worker

Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

Yes! Now we do not have to hunt for him like I am. Now there will be 999 ghosts in the mansion instead of 998 like it is

Hatty deserves to be back in the mansion, what will everyone think when people see him? Oh, I can't wait!

---------- Post added 11-16-2011 at 03:33 PM ----------

So, does that mean the lights work?

They took him out because the lights that went from his head on his shoulders to the one in the hatbox does not work. I guess it does now! IF he is coming back

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MousEars View Post
    Yes! Now we do not have to hunt for him like I am. Now there will be 999 ghosts in the mansion instead of 998 like it is

Hatty deserves to be back in the mansion, what will everyone think when people see him? Oh, I can't wait!

---------- Post added 11-16-2011 at 03:33 PM ----------

They took him out because the lights that went from his head on his shoulders to the one in the hatbox does not work. I guess it does now! IF he is coming back

I dunno, all I know is the leads said he is being installed in February 2012. So I dunno I guess we shall see.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MousEars View Post

The effect itself worked fine. The issue was the other lighting in the room as well as the speed of the Doombuggies which forced the figure to be removed. If you were to see the effect work, in 1969, in a darkened room, it would have been amazing. The problem was that the lighting in the Attic was too bright and the Doombuggies moved past the figure too quickly and the effect did not pull itself off.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    The effect itself worked fine. The issue was the other lighting in the room as well as the speed of the Doombuggies which forced the figure to be removed. If you were to see the effect work, in 1969, in a darkened room, it would have been amazing. The problem was that the lighting in the Attic was too bright and the Doombuggies moved past the figure too quickly and the effect did not pull itself off.
    Yes. But with all the things we can do now it shouldnt be a problem, look at the bride how quickly she can show the axe and stuff now. So I hope the rumors I heard are true if so I will be calling in sick at Disney if I am scheduled in February if it appears. =)

I'm Sorry, and this may come as a shock but I have NO IDEA WHAT THE HECK THE HATBOX GHOST IS
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Then why was the lighting of the scene not adjusted to work over the next two years so that it could be part of the next Mansion? The effect was either deemed minimal so as not to bother or had bigger challenges.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by chechire cat View Post
    i'm sorry, and this may come as a shock but i have no idea what the heck the hatbox ghost is
    someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh my god lol just google him you will get all the info you neeed.

---------- Post added 11-16-2011 at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Then why was the lighting of the scene not adjusted to work over the next two years so that it could be part of the next Mansion? The effect was either deemed minimal so as not to bother or had bigger challenges.
    After he was removed in 1969 they could not find any molds, drawings or anything on him. Baxter even said in a interview that there was nothing left of him no trail that he had even been there. He simply VANISHED.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
    I think it is going to happen since Cars Land opens in 2012 It will be a way to keep crowds leveled.
    That is true, but with Cars Land opening in Spring 2012 they need something BIG happening at DISNEYLAND to offset the CROWDS.

Sorry ... can't help but to laugh.

How one single element in one, single existing ride (already pulling in crowds) ... is going to be "Disneyland's Second Coming" to DCA's massive Carsland opening next year .... is a bit of a stretch.

What we need is one of these two rumors to come forth .. to "keep the crowds leveled" .. or "offset the crowds":

Frontierland expansion
    New Tomorrowland

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

How one single element in one, single existing ride (already pulling in crowds) ... is going to be "Disneyland's Second Coming" to DCA's massive Carsland opening next year .... is a bit of a stretch.

What we need is one of these two rumors to come forth .. to "keep the crowds leveled" .. or "offset the crowds":

Frontierland expansion
    New Tomorrowland
    Regardless of how funny you find it to be the HM could offset crowds with this unveiling. There are lots of fans out there. I could see lots of PR for this as well. But that is the DREAMER in me and why I do the job I do at Disney. Uncle Walt was a dreamer too so you go ahead and laugh. But while you're laughing Im dreaming and scaling things.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

After he was removed in 1969 they could not find any molds, drawings or anything on him. Baxter even said in a interview that there was nothing left of him no trail that he had even been there. He simply VANISHED.
    That makes absolutely no sense. The attraction was being manufactured in duplicate for its inclusion at the Magic Kingdom. This is also at the time when the people who made the original drawings and molds were all still present, meaning the capability to reproduce the figure and effect was still very much present.

• Senior Minion

Agreed
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

You can watch the interview on youtube from baxter telling that they were missing, At this time he was just a ride operator on the attraction. Disneyland History 1969 - Mystery of the Hatbox Ghost - YouTube

You can watch it there where he talks about being a ride operator when it opened and when the stuff went missing

• Artistic integrity

To PoisonAppleDear............
    My reaction is not a reflection of you (meaning, I'm not getting "personal") .... or your dream of working for Disneyland. That's amazing and awesome .. and I wish you well ... and I hope the politics within Disney don't ruin your dream of making a longterm career for them.

My reaction is to the core group of extreme hardcore Haunted Mansion fans who no doubt see this as something "SO ENORMOUS". That's fine and all ... but lets pull back and look at the grand scheme of things.

Carsland is going to reach MILLIONS to come flooding the gates to see what is offered .. and the spread will be huge.

Then we have one cool effect ..... that reaches a very specific minority of fans.

So .. lets keep it in perspective.

Some people are really going to care.

Like the types who go to Comic Con in San Diego .. and a group of Annual Passholders heavy into The Haunted Mansion.

Then there are going to be the throngs of millions vacationing in Southern California at any given time following the opening of Carsland .. who will be coming from Dayton Ohio ... to Sydney Australia ... to Rome, Italy .... to Patterson, New York .. to Anchorage Alaska .. to Toronto, Canada .... (in the words of that king from Siam) ... etc .. etc .. etc.

So ... my apologies for my long-winded explanation....

But it's a simple: Haunted Mansion Hat Box Ghost will reach several thousand ... to Carsland's millions.

• Banned User

To PoisonAppleDear............
    My reaction is not a reflection of you .. or your dream of working for Disneyland. That's amazing and awesome .. and I wish you well ... and I hope the politics within Disney don't ruin your dream of making a longterm career for them.

My reaction is to the core group of extreme hardcore Haunted Mansion fans who no doubt see this as something "SO ENORMOUS". That's fine and all ... but lets pull back and look at the grand scheme of things.

Carsland is going to reach MILLIONS to come flooding the gates to see what is offered .. and the spread will be huge.

Then we have one cool effect ..... that reaches a very specific minority of fans.

So .. lets keep it in perspective.

Some people are really going to care.

Like the types who go to Comic Con in San Diego .. and a group of Annual Passholders heavy into The Haunted Mansion.

Then there are going to be the throngs of millions vacationing in Southern California at any given time following the opening of Carsland .. who will be coming from Dayton Ohio ... to Sydney Australia ... to Rome, Italy .... to Patterson, New York .. to Anchorage Alaska .. to Toronto, Canada .... (in the words of that king from Siam) ... etc .. etc .. etc.

So ... my apologies for my long-winded explanation....

But it's a simple: Haunted Mansion Hat Box Ghost will reach several thousand ... to Carsland's millions.

OK maybe but oh well lol.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

You can watch the interview on youtube from baxter telling that they were missing, At this time he was just a ride operator on the attraction. Disneyland History 1969 - Mystery of the Hatbox Ghost - YouTube

You can watch it there where he talks about being a ride operator when it opened and when the stuff went missing
    That does not back up your claim that everything went missing after removal. It happened some time between then and the date of the interview. And even if that did some how happen, the people who created it in the first place were still there. Did they somehow forget?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast