Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 187
  1. #31

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,103

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense. The attraction was being manufactured in duplicate for its inclusion at the Magic Kingdom. This is also at the time when the people who made the original drawings and molds were all still present, meaning the capability to reproduce the figure and effect was still very much present.
    Presumably, the decision was made not to include Hatbox for Florida after it didn't work in Anaheim, so there were not duplicate figures made. And some parts and drawings do indeed exist still, and the schematics: it's likely the head or a mold of it was recycled for a pop-up head or model for the Corridor of Doors photos. The figure itself was boxed up and stored, and according to Baxter, never located later somehow. Things do exist, designs, etc, certainly, from the original HBG. The finished figure itself is the 'mystery' element that got misplaced, not everything relating to it.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

  2. #32

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,312

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    That does not back up your claim that everything went missing after removal. It happened some time between then and the date of the interview. And even if that did some how happen, the people who created it in the first place were still there. Did they somehow forget?
    No Gracy who created it was not there. He was the one behind it. But it was such a mystery because drawings still were used in the books and publicity of the Mansion.

  3. #33

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,159
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Presumably, the decision was made not to include Hatbox for Florida after it didn't work in Anaheim, so there were not duplicate figures made.
    I cannot remember who, but I think there were claims that a second figure was made and also went missing. Regardless, this is the key question that gets ignored. Why was the effect just dropped from the Magic Kingdom instead of being reworked?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
    No Gracy who created it was not there. He was the one behind it.
    Gracey left Disney four years after the Magic Kingdom opened.

  4. #34

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,312

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    All I know is I hope it comes to be true. I would love nothing more than to have the Mansion complete. I did a walk through of the mansion and it was fun but I wish the HBG had been there would have been nice to see.

  5. #35

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,103

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I cannot remember who, but I think there were claims that a second figure was made and also went missing. Regardless, this is the key question that gets ignored. Why was the effect just dropped from the Magic Kingdom instead of being reworked?
    As to why, unknown....at the time it wasn't a public thing, ever, apart from the few guests who saw it in person. The record talked about the character, yes, but those people never saw him in the ride potentially so would figure he didn't make it. There was no 'demand'/community at the time who had the knowledge we do today, and could well be the decision was just made if the tech didn't work that the Bride could carry the scene very well by herself.

    Sadly, we just don't know...Marc Davis, for example, never really talked of the character in later interviews apart from having a few drawings, and Rolly Crump (who is still around) never worked on that part of the project. The answer is...we don't know why it was axed for Florida rather than fixed, but their attic opened with a much creepier looking 'Corpse Bride' instead of the more sad/ambiguous Disneyland one, and no Hatbox Ghost. I'd call it an artistic decision fueled by effects that didn't work if had to guess...streamline the finale of the scene.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

  6. #36

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,419

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    I'm not buying this until I see a death certificate.

  7. #37

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,312

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    As to why, unknown....at the time it wasn't a public thing, ever, apart from the few guests who saw it in person. The record talked about the character, yes, but those people never saw him in the ride potentially so would figure he didn't make it. There was no 'demand'/community at the time who had the knowledge we do today, and could well be the decision was just made if the tech didn't work that the Bride could carry the scene very well by herself.

    Sadly, we just don't know...Marc Davis, for example, never really talked of the character in later interviews apart from having a few drawings, and Rolly Crump (who is still around) never worked on that part of the project. The answer is...we don't know why it was axed for Florida rather than fixed, but their attic opened with a much creepier looking 'Corpse Bride' instead of the more sad/ambiguous Disneyland one, and no Hatbox Ghost. I'd call it an artistic decision fueled by effects that didn't work if had to guess...streamline the finale of the scene.
    I wasnt that impressed with Florida's HM, I mean I like the exterior and stuff, but I guess I am more partial to the orig since that is what I grew up on.

  8. #38

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    HBG is known by many, but exponetially many more don't have any knowlege of the HBG. So adding it would be nice but not the best thing since sliced bread.

    If DL wants to improve the HM why don't they just use the Hitchhiking Ghosts that MK's HM now has? That's an effect on characters that are widely known.

  9. #39

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,312

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    HBG is known by many, but exponetially many more don't have any knowlege of the HBG. So adding it would be nice but not the best thing since sliced bread.

    If DL wants to improve the HM why don't they just use the Hitchhiking Ghosts that MK's HM now has? That's an effect on characters that are widely known.
    My opinion would be because HM in Disneyland is the Original, Walt was hands on with the project for many many many years til he died. So I think that may be a reason.

  10. #40

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,902
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    A photo op would be nice. I always thought it would be great if they took your picture at the end when the ghosts get inside the vehicle with you.

  11. #41

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Clarita CA, United States
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    Does the new Haunted Mansion movie have references to the Hat Box Ghost now? It would make sense to bring it back next year when the movie comes out.


    Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

  12. #42

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,312

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    Does the new Haunted Mansion movie have references to the Hat Box Ghost now? It would make sense to bring it back next year when the movie comes out.
    Yes Guilermo Del Toro is putting a lot of reference into his new film about the HBG. It will center around him mostly. The Hatbox Ghost is planned to be the pivotal character of the film, described by Guillermo del Toro as the "spider in the center of the web" of a whole network of Haunted Mansions located around the world.

  13. #43

    • Member of Baxter's Army
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Haunted Mansion
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
    Alright all you Hardcore Disney fans, truth or no truth do not bite my head off. Been told by some leads that Hatbox will return to the Mansion in February 2012. I will leave this for you all to discuss and analyze.
    So we shall see if he has signed the lease and moves into the attic.
    I overheard this info from some LEADS backstage at work so we shall see. =)
    Here we go again.

    ---------- Post added 11-16-2011 at 09:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    They have much more than just molds. There is a fully built figure. Whether it gets installed or not is a different story...
    There are molds in WDW as well.

    ---------- Post added 11-16-2011 at 09:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Sadly, we just don't know...Marc Davis, for example, never really talked of the character in later interviews apart from having a few drawings, and Rolly Crump (who is still around) never worked on that part of the project. The answer is...we don't know why it was axed for Florida rather than fixed, but their attic opened with a much creepier looking 'Corpse Bride' instead of the more sad/ambiguous Disneyland one, and no Hatbox Ghost. I'd call it an artistic decision fueled by effects that didn't work if had to guess...streamline the finale of the scene.
    The "Corpse Bride" was also the original Disneyland Bride,

    ---------- Post added 11-16-2011 at 09:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    If DL wants to improve the HM why don't they just use the Hitchhiking Ghosts that MK's HM now has? That's an effect on characters that are widely known.
    There are still bugs that need to be worked out for the Florida HHG.

  14. #44

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,665

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    This rumor comes up every single time HMH changes out to the regular HM. It's like the boy who cried wolf for me now. I'm starting to not believe it.

    Besides, didn't the original HBG get reconfigured into Sam the Eagle from America Sings?

  15. #45

    • Member of Baxter's Army
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Haunted Mansion
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    T
    Besides, didn't the original HBG get reconfigured into Sam the Eagle from America Sings?
    No.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hatbox Ghost Picture
    By hauntedmotion in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 06:43 AM
  2. The Hitchhiking Hatbox Ghost
    By hauntedmotion in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 03:29 PM
  3. The Hatbox Ghost
    By hauntedmotion in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 10:54 AM
  4. How was the hatbox ghost supposed to work?
    By MooglePower in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 09:45 AM
  5. Hatbox Ghost Pictures...
    By some_imagination in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 09:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •