Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

No it did not. I know I have heard and seen these posts as well, but I only posted because I felt I needed to. I hope it is true. That way I can come back and see you all say OK he wasnt crying wolf lol

• Daughter of a DL worker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Besides, didn't the original HBG get reconfigured into Sam the Eagle from America Sings?
    If you go on doombuggies.Welcome, Foolish Mortals... to DoomBuggies - a Tribute to Disney's Haunted Mansion > Free email, fan forums, multimedia and more..you can find the plans for the animatronic. His legs are too slim and long for Sam. It will explain everything.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 11-16-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Link to non partner site with forums removed per board policy

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• Parking Lot > DCA

I, like most of the folks here on MiceChat have done quite a bit of research into where he went, why he went, and if he'll return. It's illusive - and it's almost nice to keep it that way. Of course, I would love to see him back but at this point almost just to end the rumors of him returning. Every time that the Haunted Mansion goes down for a refurb the rumor mill starts turning, which is why most of us will be shrugging our shoulders until we actually see him in the attraction for ourselves. Disney has had many opportunities to bring him back, but it isn't a priority for them obviously.

Another thing I have learned here on MiceChat is that just because a CM says it - doesn't necessarily mean that it is true. Until you hear it from a reputable source (and even those are sketchy sometimes) or the Company themselves, it may not be true.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Guillermo Del Toro has said that his new Haunted Mansion movie will revolve heavily around Hatbox Ghost. I would suggest that if he was to make a return to HM, it would be tied into the movie release which at least two years away.
    This actually could help his return, if anything. Del Toro has mentioned in some interviews that the movie will be heavily based around the Hatbox Ghost, and being that he is a huge Haunted Mansion fan he is pushing that they bring him back after the release. Sort of how Jack Sparrow was added to Pirates of the Caribbean after the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    Does the new Haunted Mansion movie have references to the Hat Box Ghost now? It would make sense to bring it back next year when the movie comes out.
    That is what most of us are thinking.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
    OK maybe but oh well lol.
    Just an FYI PoisonA.D. .... you and I are in good company. As I consider myself a strong fan of the H.M. Strong enough that the only changes I feel that should ever make their way in .. are those that maintain the original 1969 vision.

For instance ... today's trend out of Disney/Imagineering ... is to tu[oo]ne everything up. From new rides .. to existing ride enhancements. And the "Looney Toon" design of WDW's new Hitchhiking Ghost element ... is something I only want to see .. Providing it's a "2.0" design ... that maintains the mansion's careful balance between the "Silly and the Spooky."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Just an FYI PoisonA.D. .... you and I are in good company. As I consider myself a strong fan of the H.M. Strong enough that the only changes I feel that should ever make their way in .. are those that maintain the original 1969 vision.

For instance ... today's trend out of Disney/Imagineering ... is to tu[oo]ne everything up. From new rides .. to existing ride enhancements. And the "Looney Toon" design of WDW's new Hitchhiking Ghost element ... is something I only want to see .. Providing it's a "2.0" design ... that maintains the mansion's careful balance between the "Silly and the Spooky."

I totally agree. I fell in love with the HM when I was 3 years old. I love it. It is by far my FAVE attraction. I remember being 5 at the park with my parents and I looked up to them and said I will work here one day. Sure ENOUGH I am here and I so hope the things I have heard are true. If not I will continue to do my due diligence til I become a WDI and can have input.

• Minion

I know this. I work at Disney. Thats why I made this thread since I heard the LEADS of HM talking about it.
    I'd believe the rumor more if you heard it from Glendale. When I asked someone at Glendale, they just laughed...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I'd believe the rumor more if you heard it from Glendale. When I asked someone at Glendale, they just laughed...
    Well thats OK I still am hoping and I will be watching. =)

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I believe this has been the rumor during almost every single Haunted Mansion Holiday.
    It's been the rumor every year

---------- Post added 11-16-2011 at 11:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MousEars View Post
    Y

They took him out because the lights that went from his head on his shoulders to the one in the hatbox does not work. I guess it does now! IF he is coming back
    The lights worked.
    The gag just didn't.
    He was too close to the track and guest could see both heads (shoulders and in box)

---------- Post added 11-16-2011 at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    If DL wants to improve the HM why don't they just use the Hitchhiking Ghosts that MK's HM now has? That's an effect on characters that are widely known.
    When I rode HM in WDW I thought it was cute
    but I was so happy we didn't have it.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 11-16-2011 at 10:10 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

I'm hoping it's the case, though I'm only expecting the CG Hitchhiker installation when Holiday ends this season.
    Hatbox Ghost Return is practically becoming Disneyland's Duke Nukem Forever (just as any hopes of a fixed Yeti or Imagination 4 is for WDW)
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    (just as any hopes of a fixed Yeti or Imagination 4 is for WDW)
    Yes, finally got WDW to ride Expedition (never ridden it before)
    and no Yeti. I saw the shadow (film?) on the wall
    but no flippin' AA Yeti.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

It'll be cool, but people saying it'd offset Carsland in attendance is a real stretch. I think people need to remember it's not a very well known character outside of the hardcore fanbase. Reminds me of when there were rumors of a Firefly/Serenity MMO, people were saying how it'd destroy World of Warcraft... I think people highly over-estimate things popularity sometimes. And Disneyland doesn't WANT to offset Carsland... the point is for DCA to actually offset DL and carry it's own weight finally.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I will be cool if he's back...but remember every year for the past like 5 year we hear this rumor that he's coming back after HMH...and year after he does not come back...

• Banned User

Well I hope it is happening it would be cool. As for Carsland, ugh so glad so glad so glad to be out of Hollywood Attractions.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    HBG is known by many, but exponetially many more don't have any knowlege of the HBG. So adding it would be nice but not the best thing since sliced bread.

If DL wants to improve the HM why don't they just use the Hitchhiking Ghosts that MK's HM now has? That's an effect on characters that are widely known.
    Oh, hell no.......we don't need any Looney Toon fart gags.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I do not see why leads would be that much more well informed about the future.

The character was present in some early advertising, notably the story album.
    It didn't end there. Disney has NEVER stopped marketing the character. It's on pins, bags, ads, figures, toys and even in cartoons. Also, numerous portraits of yours ghoully line the walls of the Corridor of Doors, inside The Haunted Mansion.

---------- Post added 11-17-2011 at 04:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    ...he must have been a very compelling character to have such a following.
    Darn straight. You got that right.

---------- Post added 11-17-2011 at 04:27 AM ----------

After he was removed in 1969 they could not find any molds, drawings or anything on him. Baxter even said in a interview that there was nothing left of him no trail that he had even been there. He simply VANISHED.
    Yes, but we know now that that wasn't entirely true. There were plenty of design renderings, blueprints, a service slip and even test photos. My avatar is made from one of the photos. And the figure can be seen in an early TV special on The Haunted Mansion, a special produced by Disney.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast