Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

Alright all you Hardcore Disney fans, truth or no truth do not bite my head off. Been told by some leads that Hatbox will return to the Mansion in February 2012. I will leave this for you all to discuss and analyze.
    So we shall see if he has signed the lease and moves into the attic.
    I overheard this info from some LEADS backstage at work so we shall see. =)
    Last edited by PoisonAppleDear; 11-16-2011 at 02:35 PM.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Hatbox Ghost Taking up Residence February 2012

I believe this has been the rumor during almost every single Haunted Mansion Holiday.

• Banned User

Well that may be true but I have never heard the LEADS talk about it. I have heard fans and other CM'S but not leads. As there is a bust and mold already in Glendale. I think it is going to happen since Cars Land opens in 2012 It will be a way to keep crowds leveled.

• -

I never understood what the fascination is with the Hatbox Ghost. To me it seems like it was just a planned prop for the attraction that they were never really able to get the effect to work properly on. It seems almost like a smaller scale version of the Rocket Rods. In that case it was an entire attraction that they were never able to get to work correctly whereas here it is just a prop inside a larger attraction.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I never understood what the fascination is with the Hatbox Ghost. To me it seems like it was just a planned prop for the attraction that they were never really able to get the effect to work properly on. It seems almost like a smaller scale version of the Rocket Rods. In that case it was an entire attraction that they were never able to get to work correctly whereas here it is just a prop inside a larger attraction.
    Well it was but the mystery and the love for it is that while they tried the effects in Glendale when it came to the Mansion itself it didnt look right but it stayed in the attraction for a few days in 1969 and then was removed. There is video on youtube of it from 1969.
    Now they are working on molds and have them at Glendale.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
    Now they are working on molds and have them at Glendale.
    They have much more than just molds. There is a fully built figure. Whether it gets installed or not is a different story...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I'll believe it when I see it. If they have a full figure, genuinely, that's something nice certainly. But it remains a rumor till officially announced and installed: they've tried before and cancelled, by all accounts, and been rumors as well when there were no plans underway too.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    They have much more than just molds. There is a fully built figure. Whether it gets installed or not is a different story...
    I know this. I work at Disney. Thats why I made this thread since I heard the LEADS of HM talking about it.

---------- Post added 11-16-2011 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. If they have a full figure, genuinely, that's something nice certainly. But it remains a rumor till officially announced and installed: they've tried before and cancelled, by all accounts, and been rumors as well when there were no plans underway too.
    That is true but like I said before I have never heard the LEADS talk about it. And to hear them talk about it has my ears perked up, I am backstage listening for more details.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

As most people, when I see the Hatbox Ghost in there or hear it from Disney. That is when I will believe it. Talk is just talk no matter who does it :-\

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Well that may be true but I have never heard the LEADS talk about it. I have heard fans and other CM'S but not leads. As there is a bust and mold already in Glendale. I think it is going to happen since Cars Land opens in 2012 It will be a way to keep crowds leveled.
    I do not see why leads would be that much more well informed about the future.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The character was present in some early advertising, notably the story album. I think that WED not being able to make it work, at a time when they were seemingly doing the impossible, also adds an element of mystique.

• Minion

I know this. I work at Disney. Thats why I made this thread since I heard the LEADS of HM talking about it.
    But there have been plans to install the Hatbox Ghost for the 2009 anniversary and last year's reopening from HMH in January. Both times, the budget has been relocated at the last minute to other projects.

So even if leads are talking about it, that doesn't mean it's happening. WDI was this close to installing the figure twice before, but Disneyland relocated that budget. Doesn't mean it can't happen again.

• Senior Minion

Guillermo Del Toro has said that his new Haunted Mansion movie will revolve heavily around Hatbox Ghost. I would suggest that if he was to make a return to HM, it would be tied into the movie release which at least two years away.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I do not see why leads would be that much more well informed about the future.

The character was present in some early advertising, notably the story album. I think that WED was not able to make it work, at a time when they were seemingly doing the impossible, also adds an element of mystique.
    Leads do at times tend to know more since they are MANAGING the attraction. But as I said I leave this for you all to dissect and analyze. And if it does appear in February 2012 then I will see you all there. =)

•   
    • Minion

Ditto. If this IS happening after HMH this winter, I will be excited to see it, but I can't get my hopes up until I actually see it when I'm the Mansion.

It's amazing how much attention the Hatbox Ghost gets! Especially seeing as how he was in the Mansion for such a short period of time...he must have been a very compelling character to have such a following.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    But there have been plans to install the Hatbox Ghost for the 2009 anniversary and last year's reopening from HMH in January. Both times, the budget has been relocated at the last minute to other projects.

So even if leads are talking about it, that doesn't mean it's happening. WDI was this close to installing the figure twice before, but Disneyland relocated that budget. Doesn't mean it can't happen again.

That is true, but with Cars Land opening in Spring 2012 they need something BIG happening at DISNEYLAND to offset the CROWDS. Cars was one of Disneys BIGGEST films and it is a HIGHLY anticipated land coming to DCA. So I can see this possibly coming. I will keep my ears open and my cell phone on video looking for things backstage.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast