Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Animator in Training!

The Best day of my Life! (continued) I proposed and she said YES!!

Hey everyone! Sorry this took so long to get the trip report out. I have been super busy with school and now starting to plan a wedding! So in my last thread (The best day of my life) I told you all about my proposal Ideas. Thank so all so much for the help and helping refine and decided what I was going to do.

I especially want to thank KBelle5 from the bottom of my heart for all of her help on the big day! I couldn't have done it with out her. Words can't express how thankful I am. With out her this wouldn't have happened and I wouldn't have got some of the awesome photos of the event! Not sure if he is on these boards but I also wanted to thank Dr Snow for the photos he send us of the event. The kindness of everyone who helped on mice chat really makes me so humble and thankful!

So on to the TR! On Nov. 4th-6th me and my now fiance went to Disneyland for the weekend. She was under the assumption that we were going on the trip to donate and artifact to a WWII museum (which we did) and DL was a bonus. Little did she know I had been planing with the help of KBelle5 to propose to her on Saturday. A couple of weeks before the trip I was told on Saturday the 5th was the taping for the Christmas special so I was thinking of a plan B encase the DD's weren't going to be out that day. The day before the trip KBelle sent me a message saying she was going to be in the park on Friday the 4th and she could help me out! Perfect! So we got to the park around 12 on the 4th and I had the ring in my pocket .

Let me tell you....I have never been so nervous for anything in my life! On top of the my gf was thinking something was wrong because one, I was so determined to see the DD's with her, and two she said I've been acting weird all day. I told her it was waking up at 330 in the morning and driving all day lol. On top of that I had been texting KBelle all morning setting everything up....and my gf was getting kind of annoyed that I was always on my phone. So we showed up at the market house at about 230 and I was waiting to meet with Kbelle. While my gf was looking at stuff in the store I went out and meet with her. Came back the gf and said "hey lets wait outside for the DD's" so we waited and she all of the sudden saw them in the corner talking to a few people (that was Kbelle asking them for their help!)

Before I go on....let me say that I am the shyest person ever. I don't usually sing, especially in front of other people lol. But she loves the DD's and she makes a point to see them every time we go. It's her favorite thing to do. So they came out and started the set. Sang a couple great songs, then asked for two volunteers. Looked and me and my gf and asked if we were dating and then brought us up. So they put me in the middle of them, and asked me to help them sing Will you let me call you Sweetheart. I helped them sing and at the final note and finally I pulled her up with me in the center, dropped down on one knee and said I love you, Will you Merry me?. The look on her face of total love and surprise was the best moment of my life and so so priceless! She looked and me and said YES! The crowed was cheering and clapping we were both teary eyed and hugging. It really couldn't have gone any more perfect then it did! We had the best trip ever at the parks, KBelle also helped us out finding just engaged pins. They didn't have any so we got Happily ever after pins . On a side note Disney said they stopped making just engaged pins!?!?! It took us forever but we finally found some in the Candy store next to Splash.

Again thank you so much KBelle (and your friend!) and the Dapper Dan's for all the help. Thank you for helping make Nov 4th 2011 and most magical and perfect day of me and my fiance' life!

Here are the pics!

Name:  _DSC3901 - Copy.jpg
Views: 1514
Size:  221.3 KBName:  _DSC3901.jpg
Views: 1518
Size:  221.5 KBName:  _DSC3902.jpg
Views: 1518
Size:  206.9 KBName:  _DSC3903.jpg
Views: 1514
Size:  221.5 KBName:  _DSC3905.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  226.6 KBName:  _DSC3906.jpg
Views: 1512
Size:  177.9 KBName:  _DSC3907(1).jpg
Views: 1508
Size:  215.3 KBName:  LaurenBDay36.jpg
Views: 1508
Size:  201.8 KBName:  LaurenBDay37.jpg
Views: 1506
Size:  212.0 KBName:  LaurenBDay38.jpg
Views: 1501
Size:  220.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Mickey Dude; 11-18-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."-Walt Disney

• Silly Goose...

Re: The Best day of my Life! (continued) I proposed and she said YES!!

Congratulations!
    On Splash Mountain at Disney World, these two teenagers behind me initially seemed friendly but when the ride actually started they started shouting the N-Word over and over again and jumped out just before the first drop and started stomping on the scenery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dancreedenjr/

• AKA: Indyiluvu

That is awesome. Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pics and story.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Banned User

That made me cry! Congrats a million times over! She is a very lucky woman to have someone so thoughtful

• Not on the Jedi Council

Glad it worked out! Congratulations to the both of you!

• Sock Puppet

Awwwwwwww what a sweet, sweet story!!!!

Awesome story - congrats and best wishes on your happily ever after!!!!!

• formerly very helpful

Wonderful! Glad everything worked out the way you wanted! Have a great wedding and a wonderful life together!! If you haven't thought about it, Walt Disney World is a great place to honeymoon.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your proposal. Have fun with the wedding plans : )

• Sock Puppet

Such a cute story! I hope that one day when I propose to the one I love, that it will be at Disneyland as well and it will be as perfect as your proposal... It was so cute to read! I wish you guys a happy life together!

• Under that tree again!

Looks like a very special, special moment. Congradulations!

• Dreamer

Stockton, CA..350 mi away from DLR but that never stops us!

Congratulations! I didnt propose to my wife in Disneyland but we took our honeymoon there. This was a fantastic idea!
    "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

Aww, this made me cry too. It's so sweet! Congratulations to you both!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Congratulations on your engagement. May you have a long and happy life together. Thanks for sharing your special moment with all of us.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Congrats Mickey Dude! Very cool you got the Dapper Dans to help you out. Hope you all have a wonderful life together and that you'll always remember this was the day at Disneyland you started your lives together!!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast