Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Daughter was given a 'glass slipper' at DLR

As my wife was getting off the StoryBook boat ride next to the Tea Cups, one of the cast members gave my 8 month old daughter a plastic 'glass slipper.' Is this something that Disneyland does for little girls often? Or was it just random? We were just curious if this is something Disney usually does, particularly on this ride. Thanks!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Daughter was given a 'glass slipper' at DLR

Sounds like a random act of kindness from the CM. That's pretty cool!

A friend and I were waiting at the handicapped loading area of Storybook so we could ride her friend's boat, and while we were there, a blind girl and her mom came up to ride. The lead gave her a glass slipper, and helped her "see" what it was. Pretty much made me and my friend cry, haha.

It might be something that just Storybook does, as I've never seen any other Fantasyland attraction give out something based off that attraction.
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

Never seen this happen anywhere in the park before. Lucky girl. Thats a cool thing to have. She will be able to look back on it in years to come and remember what a fun time she had at Disneyland, you know, the time they gave me a shoe (haha).

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    Never seen this happen anywhere in the park before. Lucky girl. Thats a cool thing to have. She will be able to look back on it in years to come and remember what a fun time she had at Disneyland, you know, the time they gave me a shoe (haha).
    We'll probably put it on her bookshelf, but she'll never remember it (not nearly old enough). But my wife and I will, we both thought it was really awesome and a good end to baby's first trip to Disneyland. First trip of maaaaaany. :-)

• Hooterville, USA

Great story!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

very cool.
    And like others,
    hadn't heard of this before.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

That is very cool and a neat story. Do you have a picture of it?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    That is very cool and a neat story. Do you have a picture of it?
    No, I don't... I'll see if I can figure out how to upload a picture tomorrow.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by KBelle5 View Post
    A friend and I were waiting at the handicapped loading area of Storybook so we could ride her friend's boat, and while we were there, a blind girl and her mom came up to ride. The lead gave her a glass slipper, and helped her "see" what it was. Pretty much made me and my friend cry, haha.

It might be something that just Storybook does, as I've never seen any other Fantasyland attraction give out something based off that attraction.
    That is so cute and generous of that CM! I have never heard of this before but it truely is a special thing that Disney does!

North Highlands, California, United States

I love this. This is what makes Disneyland amazing.

is this something new that started? never heard of this before, but that's pretty cool! would definitely like to see a picture. when CMs are given things like these to hand out, can they really do it randomly or do they have to have a reason behind their decision? i assume the former, but if i was a CM i feel like i'd have a tough time if i could only give out one per shift or something

I don't remember exactly when my friend and I witnessed this (as I go way too often to remember specific dates, haha), but it was definitely within the last 6 months. It looked like the lead went to a box near the operating console (perhaps where they also keep lost and found items, maintenance clips for the boats, etc) and pulled the slipper out, so they must have a few in there to make some magical moments.
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

Based on the story about the blind girl above, I wonder if they have the slippers saved for children with disabilities? My daughter has to wear a helmet to help fix some problems with the way her head was growing. Anyway, I can't figure out how to get my photo to be the right size to upload, so I just put it on my flickr:
    DSC_0088 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Plastic or not, that is really cool. Thanks for the picture. My wife and I had anniversary buttons on once when we went on Storybook and we got little bottles of bubbles. That glass slipper is a really neat thing.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast