Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

Now that the Cars Land Cars vehicles are racing about after dark at fuel speed, has anyone got an eye shot, or captured it on film.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-19-2011 at 06:15 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Under that tree again!

Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

I've been curious about this too. Not even the Disney Blog has shown this. I have seen pictures of the Cadillac Range at night so we may be close to seeing other things as well. Yet the only ride testing I've seen was JYJ and it was daytime and limited.

• DLR Cast Member

Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

Yep, they're doing continuous testing. But it's still a hard hat construction area. Cameras aren't allowed backstage anywhere. Cast Members who are caught taking pics or videos backstage are subject to dismissal, and Contractors who do are subject to having their contract revoked. I've seen both happen.

That said, I'm sure the Disney blog will put up an official video once testing nears its end.

Fountain Valley, California, United States

I almost got a picture of it testing a couple weeks ago but missed it by seconds. I was really disappointed. Really cool seeing the headlights turn the corner of the hubcap though.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I've been curious about this too. Not even the Disney Blog has shown this. I have seen pictures of the Cadillac Range at night so we may be close to seeing other things as well. Yet the only ride testing I've seen was JYJ and it was daytime and limited.
    Well, at least you got to see some testing take place. I wonder if most of the testing is at night when there aren't any parkgoing guests around.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Yep, they're doing continuous testing. But it's still a hard hat construction area. Cameras aren't allowed backstage anywhere. Cast Members who are caught taking pics or videos backstage are subject to dismissal, and Contractors who do are subject to having their contract revoked. I've seen both happen.

That said, I'm sure the Disney blog will put up an official video once testing nears its end.
    Wow1 I wouldn't want to be one of the cast members or construction co. employee that got the big boot from the Mouse! That would be like being a member of the "Disney Hall of Shame." Can't wait to see the video when Disney is ready to rev up the promotion full blast!

Quote Originally Posted by xsdesign View Post
    I almost got a picture of it testing a couple weeks ago but missed it by seconds. I was really disappointed. Really cool seeing the headlights turn the corner of the hubcap though.
    Thanks for the discriptive visual of the headlight action. If you return, I hope you'll give the picture taking another go. This is all so exciting! Things are starting to chili cone carney cone-ect.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-20-2011 at 11:22 AM.

• Under that tree again!

Yep, they're doing continuous testing.
    By continous, do you actually mean something like daily? I haven't seen any cars go by while being on MFW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Well, at least you got to see some testing take place. I wonder if most of the testing is at night when there aren't any parkgoing guests around.

• Iron-Clad Allie

By continous, do you actually mean something like daily? I haven't seen any cars go by while being on MFW.

Cool! Thanks for the vid of Tow mater's Junkyard Jubilee test. The vehicle looks great. it will be moving quite a bit faster when it opens.

Fountain Valley, California, United States

And for RSR I don't think they're testing the outside portion at full speed yet because the car i saw was crawling around the corner.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by xsdesign View Post
    And for RSR I don't think they're testing the outside portion at full speed yet because the car i saw was crawling around the corner.
    You're probably right. It makes sense that the imagineers would test the insde portion of the ride at full speed first.

• Insomniac

They have no reason to toot the horn until testing is farther along. They still could have a major problem come up and not be able to open it with the rest of CL. (remember test track?) until they get the cars going around the whole track repeatedly at full speed I don't think Disney will officially give any videos of testing.

Hopefully someone gets a shot of it from MFW in the next few months as testing begins to ramp up to full speed. The videos they released before the rock work was in place is nothing like the videos we'll get with the rock work.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    They have no reason to toot the horn until testing is farther along. They still could have a major problem come up and not be able to open it with the rest of CL. (remember test track?) until they get the cars going around the whole track repeatedly at full speed I don't think Disney will officially give any videos of testing.

Hopefully someone gets a shot of it from MFW in the next few months as testing begins to ramp up to full speed. The videos they released before the rock work was in place is nothing like the videos we'll get with the rock work.
    Mickey's fun wheel shoud present a heightend opportunity for some Radiator Springs racers photo ops in the future - unless Disney decides to have the ride cm's confescate peoples cameras, including the cellular ones.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-20-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Wow1 I wouldn't want to be one of the cast members or construction co. employee that got the big boot from the Mouse! That would be like being a member of the "Disney Hall of Shame." Can't wait to see the video when Disney is ready to rev up the promotion full blast!
    That must be one big Hall.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by donaldduckfan#1 View Post
    That must be one big Hall.
    I've heard that even Mickey and Goofy have been enlisted as honorary members.

• Future Indy Castmember

They'v been doing night-only testings for the past few days as I recall.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    They'v been doing night-only testings for the past few days as I recall.
    Yeah. This is what I've been thinking. None of the guests would be in the park to spy on them if they tested at night - especially if they are testing RSR outdoors now.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-20-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast