Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

MSEP - Returning Spring 2012? [Merged Threads]

Hey Everyone!

I have read about this topic online for the past several weeks, months, and years...
    Does anyone have an update on the MSEP? Will it indeed return this Spring 2012 to Disneyland?

Reports from a few years ago stated it was in Florida for a short time (especially during DCA construction). Now that Fantasyland will have construction done in Florida, will they give it back?

I'm hoping someone with insider information can help give a better answer...
    Thanks!!

• Banned User

Re: MSEP - Returning Spring 2012?

Here's hoping, but it could only run in Disneyland. There's no workable parade route with the Carsland construction and Buena Vista St. Plus WOC keeps Paradise Pier packed all night. Logistically it's a much better fit back home across the way.

• Minion

Al Lutz already covered this exact topic in his last update.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Here's hoping, but it could only run in Disneyland. There's no workable parade route with the Carsland construction and Buena Vista St. Plus WOC keeps Paradise Pier packed all night. Logistically it's a much better fit back home across the way.
    Of course that reasoning may not apply. With much time to go, those walls may be able to be pushed back giving plenty of rooms for the parade to operate. After all they had a parade when there was a wall in front of LM and Paradise Park.

I'm also unsure with the lighting features they showed on Soundsational why they don't run that at night if DL need an evening parade. So this lessens the likelyhood that the EP is destined for MS as well.

• Hooterville, USA

MSEP deserves only to run in DL.

DCA isn't worthy of it's grandness!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

By saying there's no workable parade route I'm talking about the adapted route formed while WOC was still being installed. This was where the parade ended at Pacific Wharf. That is now impossible with Carsland, and with the WOC crowds, getting a parade all the way down there at night would be a mess. Also this topic said spring, not summer. There's no real way to use the Buena Vista St area for a parade until the construction is complete. Exactly what reasoning doesn't apply?

As for Soundsational, they've always had the ability to run daytime parades at night, even when Electrical was running. That doesn't really hurt its chances either way. It's not about "needing" a parade, it's about wanting THIS parade.

---------- Post added 11-21-2011 at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    MSEP deserves only to run in DL.

DCA isn't worthy of it's grandness!
    That's a bit much don't you think? Well..I guess not. You said it. But it's a bit much. And either way, it does sure fit DCA's aesthetic now.

It will be wonderful if the parade did return to Disneyland in 2012. That year will mark the parade's 40th anniversary!
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Banned User

Very interesting....

I think they could easily run the electrical parade in DCA with WOC. All they have to do is run the parade from Paradise Pier to Hollywood.

They could run it before the first showing of WOC during the winter season when the sun sets early in the day. It would make the perfect Holiday parade for that park.

If I remember correctly they do not close off the parade route like they used to when WOC premiered. The area in front of mermaid is lefts open for cross traffic.

They could even allow guests to start entering the viewing area using the south side walkway of the parade route and let the parade run through. It would be the perfect distraction for guests waiting for woc.

If they are able to have fireworks and a parade in Disneyland's main street there should not be a reason why they can not control guest flow in a small section of the parade route by the viewing area
    Last edited by Baloo; 02-02-2012 at 04:27 PM.

• Shifting cargo

I sure hope that they could bring it back to it's home. It added so much to the nighttime atmosphere. I sure do miss it.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Under that tree again!

By saying there's no workable parade route I'm talking about the adapted route formed while WOC was still being installed. This was where the parade ended at Pacific Wharf. That is now impossible with Carsland, and with the WOC crowds, getting a parade all the way down there at night would be a mess. Also this topic said spring, not summer. There's no real way to use the Buena Vista St area for a parade until the construction is complete. Exactly what reasoning doesn't apply?

As for Soundsational, they've always had the ability to run daytime parades at night, even when Electrical was running. That doesn't really hurt its chances either way. It's not about "needing" a parade, it's about wanting THIS parade.
    A. Construction is progressing quickly on Carsland and BVS as well. With almost 4 months to go before spring break, the walls at BVS could be pushed back. They could open the parade route around the fountain easily in that much time. Back stage they could take the parade around the border of the park. Then run a parade across the full length of of DCA. ToT to Board Walk Pizza and Pasta. What is left to do for Carsland would not effect it.

While WoC queueing could effect the parade route in the late evening, it doesn't have to. The keep keep the color queues to the side and the parade could go by. This would help fix the biggest problem with the non queue show that people queue for, WoC.

B. While DL is setup to handle parades at night, not all parades are made to run at night. Soundsational as we, APHs, were shown at the event a few weeks ago, is made to run during the day or night. RSVP Now for Special Annual Passholder Event at Disneyland Park Disney Parks Blog

While next summer's anticipated crowds many not want MSEP, to help with the WoC experience DCA may need it.

• Banned User

I think you're overestimated the construction progress, and amount of room they want to run a parade, but oh well.

Wow... All of your thoughts and ideas are very interesting. Now we just need to find out when or if it's coming back!!

I'd be very surprised if it didn't... Especially since they updated it and immediately shipped it away; plus the anniversary is next year. Florida needs to give it back!

• -

And either way, it does sure fit DCA's aesthetic now.
    Just curious why you don't think it will fit CA Adventure's aesthetic?

That aside, it would be a logistical nightmare for either park to have it back. In CA Adventure, it is already hard with people lining up for World of Color. To make the walkway in front of the mermaid ride even narrower with parade watchers and leaving room for floats to pass by would make navigating the park incredibly cumbersome.

As for Disneyland, Main Street gets packed at that time of night from people camping out for the fireworks and exiting Fantasmic. The only way that I can see it happening at Disneyland is if they alternated which nights the ran the fireworks and which night they had the Electrical Parade.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Just curious why you don't think it will fit CA Adventure's aesthetic?
    I think you misread the post. Darth Mal said it now does fit DCA aesthetic.

That aside, it would be a logistical nightmare for either park to have it back. In CA Adventure, it is already hard with people lining up for World of Color. To make the walkway in front of the mermaid ride even narrower with parade watchers and leaving room for floats to pass by would make navigating the park incredibly cumbersome.
    As I and another poster noted, it would give the people waiting for Paradise Park something to watch. You don't need to pack parade viewers and WoC queuers together in the space near LM, they would be one and the same.

As for Disneyland, Main Street gets packed at that time of night from people camping out for the fireworks and exiting Fantasmic. The only way that I can see it happening at Disneyland is if they alternated which nights the ran the fireworks and which night they had the Electrical Parade.
    Like wise in DL, all the people in DL who camp would have something to watch if a night parade came through. Not giving the option of sitting on the parade route for a long period too which would be another benefit. People would be activily enjoying themselves.

Timing one event after another for crowds is not a logistical nightmare. It's a simple method of controlling crowd patterns.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast