Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Indy's Faithful Friend

Lightbulb Which land needs the new E Ticket ride?

Sounds like DL is getting at least one new E Ticket attraction. Which land would you put it in? What would it be?

I'm thinking either Frontierland or Fantasyland since neither have had significant additions recently and both still have some space left. As for what they would be, one could be a Cowboy-Sheriff-Versus-Outlaws deal with Audio Animatronics and such and the other would be a Sleeping Beauty Dark Ride on a massive scale (to make up for the now closed walkthrough that used to tell the story).

This is all obviously speculation but unless someone actually knows what the new E-Ticket is supposed to be (if so, please speak up) speculation is all I've got.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Which land needs the new E Ticket ride?

YES! Sleeping Beauty is due for her ride!

Although I'd give a preference to Frontierland first. It used to have so many things, and then when they made Big Thunder, all of the old got drammed into something new...which is nice, but the place needs a little something more now. Perhaps they could make a ride where you're getting chased by a bandit or something? Make it old cowboy-Hollywoodesque. The clmiatic scene could be coming out into the middle of town to shoot...maybe they could make it sort of like Buzz, but make the guns make the old shooting sound? I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas. I think the ride needs to be semi-fast paced, though, but easy enough that there isn't a height requirement. I think it would be nice if they had lots of AAs moving around, as grand as Pirates. There could even be a fancy saloon scene. Yes, the story would be simple enough-save the town and your damsel in distress! It would be cute.

*edit*

Got another idea, a better one. The ride could showcase all of the age-old western heroes, real and fictional, like Paul Bunion and Annie Oakley, for example? That would be awesome.

I'm afraid there is no room in Fantasyland for a new E-ticket, so adding one would mean removing an exsisting ride, which would suck. So, I would have to nominate Frontierland.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Tomorrowland. A new E Ticket, not redone Subs or Space Mountain.

Absolutely Frontierland. The problem is, the best space for it - Big Thunder Ranch - is pretty out of the way. You'd have to have a hell of a weenie for people to even notice it.

Also, I'm against a gold rush themed E-ticket because that's really more "California." You can have cowboys without gold panning. I could go on and on about the attraction I have in my head but this is neither the time or the thread.

• The Fantasyland guy

How about this: Fix DCA first

Id love to see the Big Thunder Ranch area get used. Maybe an area devoted to American folklore. A Pecos Bill darkride, a Paul Bunyon Restraunt, Rip Van Winkle rest area and a John Henry launch tower.

Or make the area Bandits Bluff, the home to the notorious outlaws of the west. I'd also love to see the empty space in front of Big Thunder, the Shooting gallery, and the Mexican Restraunt used. Currently there are some planters and a stage which is never used. Maybe take out the shooting gallery and add an eating area for the mexican restraunt around a medium sized stage. Put of a Wild West stunt show that uses all of frontierland (people sliding down ropes from lines over The Golden Horseshoe). Half of the stage is connected to the Mexican Restraunt, promoting but not requiring people to eat there for the shows. The other half of the audience would be where those planters currently exist. Frontierland just needs the energry of a cowboy boomtown. Maybe music and voices coming from the facades. Gun fights in the street. SOMETHING

• Indy's Faithful Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Super Grover
    I'm afraid there is no room in Fantasyland for a new E-ticket, so adding one would mean removing an exsisting ride, which would suck. So, I would have to nominate Frontierland.
    There's plenty of space near "Fantasia Gardens" and the old motor boat area for a new Fantasyland ride or two. Alternately the Fantasyland theatre could be used (since there are no shows running in it anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah
    There's plenty of space near "Fantasia Gardens" and the old motor boat area for a new Fantasyland ride or two. Alternately the Fantasyland theatre could be used (since there are no shows running in it anyway).
    there is some room there. But nowhere near enough for an e-ticket.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

frontierland or toontown
    <o>

• Quality Assured

Thinking inside the "clone box," couldn't Philharmagic fit in DL's Fantasyland if unused areas are made into a 3D theater? (and it is an excellent attraction if I do say so myself)

• time to go

Wink Re: Which land needs the new E Ticket ride?

Gee... isn't it painfully obvious?

New film for Star Tours.

• Banned User

Frontierland - Big Thunder Ranch

• now on the mainland

Yes! I agree with you all! Frontierland should get the next E-ticket, but where I R-E-A-L-L-Y agree is that all your ideas are not based off an existing creation of Disney! Allow some creativity in Imagineering come to fruition. My own idea, you and your party join the local Sherriff as a posse. Allow the attraction a few different scenarios, so you're not always going after the same bandit/bandito. If you remove the old Big Thunder BBQ and Hunchback theatre you've really got a lot of room to work with. Most importantly, make it believable to the era. Women wore their hair up and sat side-saddled. Not every native-american was peaceful. I'm not a sexist or a racist, but don't take away authenticity for the sake of political-correctness.
    Last edited by CA_Man_In_HI; 12-14-2005 at 08:51 AM.

• Minion FOREVER!

purely on land parity, Fantasyland. Also no real "mountain" there.

So if so, I would vote for a LoTR ride/land there.

BTW. everyone know that the Big Thunder BBQ area is actually closer to
    Fantasyland than Frontier, right? and that area stretches back to the RR (can
    even go under the berm if designed right). Yes, I know that there currently is a
    CM walkway there, but that can be moved.

Edit: Hmmm... I don't think Disney owns the theme parks rights to LoTR, so
    how about a Narnia based ride?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast