• Star Tours / Jedi Training Academy CMs

7 10.14%
  • Other

5 7.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Attraction CMs That Add The Most Authenticity To Their Roles

Which attractions feel more real to you due to the CMs that play their roles well? The first aatraction that comes to mind for me is Haunted Mansion Holiday. The CMs there are talented actors that act like they really enjoy acting and dressing the part of humorous ghouls. They're very accomodating with photo ops, too. Other fantastic roll playing CMs worthy of noting are the ones at Pirates Lair, Finding Nemo subs, Jungle Cruise and Tower of Terror. Which are your favorites?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Attraction CMs That Add The Most Authenticity To Their Roles

jungle cruise is my favorite. i try to ride it with a new cm each chance i get. ill ride it as many times a day as i can justo to hear the witty jokes!

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

I'd have to say HM, TOT and JC.
    Do the other attractions really roles that require them to act a certain way through actions/speech (such as HM, TOT and JC).
    I can see POTC having some what of one.
    I'd also guess both ships have a certain "role".
    On the railroad they are train engineers, so that's not hard to portray.

Am I wrong?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
    jungle cruise is my favorite. i try to ride it with a new cm each chance i get. ill ride it as many times a day as i can justo to hear the witty jokes!
    Wow! Judging by this, you are officially the biggest fan/promoter of the Jungle Cruise and it's CMs/Skippers. "QueenBee" is a fantastic MC moniker as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I'd have to say HM, TOT and JC.
    Do the other attractions really roles that require them to act a certain way through actions/speech (such as HM, TOT and JC).
    I can see POTC having some what of one.
    I'd also guess both ships have a certain "role".
    On the railroad they are train engineers, so that's not hard to portray.

Am I wrong?
    Every attraction in the park requires a different criteria for CM role playing. Some of the attractions have theming that requires CMs to play a more immersive role than others. So, it is up to each of you MCers to choose your the CMs that you deel perform their roles best with the criteria of their respective attractions taken into consideration.

This is why I think this thread poses a more complex/intriguing question? There are no overall right or wrong responses. Like all polls, it's a matter of personal taste and opinion. It will, however, be very interesting to see how the reults add up. I agree with you DLFreek about HM and JC. I haven't experienced ToT yet.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-23-2011 at 10:30 PM.

• Minion of Chernabog

Some of the most memorable CMs I've ever seen have been at ToT. I remember one would just stand there as people were talking and stare at them. That and slightly corny phrases like "questions? comments? regrets? last requests? It's too late now." Or "Please drop by again soon."
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

• Banned User

Isn't this the point of all the CM's? It's like asking "Which burger taste most like a burger?"

• Minion of Chernabog

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    Isn't this the point of all the CM's? It's like asking "Which burger taste most like a burger?"
    While that is certainly the point of all CMs, some add more than others. Some are E-ticket Cast Members, while some are only C-Ticket. While all are vital to the overall experience, some make up a larger portion of the experience. That's not to say anything bad about those Cast Members who add less, any more than I'm saying anything bad about a ride simply because it's not the most spectacular over the top ride ever.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

• Minion

I have never seen a JTA cast member be anything but 100% in character. It can be kind of hit or miss for the others, though I love a good Jungle Cruise skipper, but the JTA just blows everyone else away as far as being in character goes.

•   
    • Minion

I always try to ride Jungle Cruise and it's honestly because I LOVE the skippers. They're out there talking for HOURS and yet they always manage to make each cruise entertaining and fun.

I also love the ToT bellhops. They all have different styles, so it's fun to see who you'll get and what they will do.

The Haunted Mansion CMs are definitely up there, too. It's harder to interact with them because they're not really directly talking to you as much as the ToT or JC cast members, but they're always entertaining.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post
    Some of the most memorable CMs I've ever seen have been at ToT. I remember one would just stand there as people were talking and stare at them. That and slightly corny phrases like "questions? comments? regrets? last requests? It's too late now." Or "Please drop by again soon."
    ToT will be one of the first rides that I hit during my next trip, then (havn't experienced it yet). That "rlines" are hilarious! I don't know which are funnier, the ones that sounded like warnings of impending doom, or his "reassuring" comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post

Originally Posted by Ice101

While that is certainly the point of all CMs, some add more than others. Some are E-ticket Cast Members, while some are only C-Ticket. While all are vital to the overall experience, some make up a larger portion of the experience. That's not to say anything bad about those Cast Members who add less, any more than I'm saying anything bad about a ride simply because it's not the most spectacular over the top ride ever.
    Great reply to the above question, Spirit King. Regardless of their role/attraction, all CMs perform a valuable role in contributing to the overal entertainment experience of the Happiest Place On Earth. They can't always help the attraction that they are attached to. Look at Steve Martin. He started out selling Disneyland guidebooks, and later advanced to working at a magic shop. He never worked a major attraction, yet he excelled at the smaller ones....and became one of the biggest entertainent personalities on the planet.

---------- Post added 11-24-2011 at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    I have never seen a JTA cast member be anything but 100% in character. It can be kind of hit or miss for the others, though I love a good Jungle Cruise skipper, but the JTA just blows everyone else away as far as being in character goes.
    The role of the Jedi Training Academy CM's is not only one of personality, but also one of healthy physicality. They are highly coordinated and energetic "laser" swordsmen. All are definitely on the cool side of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I always try to ride Jungle Cruise and it's honestly because I LOVE the skippers. They're out there talking for HOURS and yet they always manage to make each cruise entertaining and fun.

I also love the ToT bellhops. They all have different styles, so it's fun to see who you'll get and what they will do.

The Haunted Mansion CMs are definitely up there, too. It's harder to interact with them because they're not really directly talking to you as much as the ToT or JC cast members, but they're always entertaining.
    The skippers and ToT CMs are highly talented marathon performers. If one makes the opportunity to talk to the costumed Haunted Mansion Holiday, CMs, they ill find out that many of these CMs love role playing and have a surplus of talent..

•   
    • Minion

HM, JC, and ToT for sure

• Under that tree again!

JC, I've ridden it hundred of times, it is not thrilling, but I just go to hear what the CMs have to say.

thanks Ride Warrior!

The Pirate performers from NOS always put on a good show IMO. And although the johnny depp look alike may be corney, I've never seen so many middle aged women blush like they do when he flirts with them.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
    thanks Ride Warrior!

The Pirate performers from NOS always put on a good show IMO. And although the johnny depp look alike may be corney, I've never seen so many middle aged women blush like they do when he flirts with them.
    Depp and his scallywag look-alikes all have a way with the ladies. Their show is off the hook!

• Nutty about Disney parks

I would love to see more attractions have their CMs take on that more immersive character role if it were at all possible.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast