• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Can you upgrade a 3 day pass?

Can you upgrade a 3 day pass to Disneyland to an AP? or are only park hopper tickets allowed to be promoted to AP tickets?

• ---------------

Re: Can you upgrade a 3 day pass?

I don't see why not.
    I think they only thing you can't upgrade is promotional passes (such as convention tickets).
    I don't think "free passes" are upgradable either.
    Then again, someone told me that they got passes through a CM and they were able to upgrade to additional days (doubt that works on AP's though)

I'm sure someone who works in ticketing (or knowledge of ticketing) can shed more light on the subject.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Sock Puppet

Yes, at least my family was able to with one day one park tickets, so I don't see the difference... What I beleive they do is they put the price of your ticket and subtract it from the price of your Annual Passport.(Someone correct me if I am wrong)

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    ... What I believe they do is they take the price of your ticket and subtract it from the price of your Annual Passport
    Yes, that's my understanding also
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Under that tree again!

Yes you can upgrade any DL ticket to a ticket or pass that costs more.

Take the hopper to the ticket booths before it expires or the third day of use is over. You will pay the full price of the ticket or AP you want, minus what you paid for your ticket you are upgrading.

I suggest you use the Morning Magic first since you can't take part in that otherwise with an AP unless you are a resort hotel guests. After using the Morning Magic entitlement upgrade in the afternoon when ticket booth lines have slowed down. Then you can start using the AP to get discounts on food and souvernires.

Your AP will expire one year from the first day you used the ticket you upgraded from.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 11-23-2011 at 11:12 PM.

• Insomniac

^^exactly how it works.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

You can even upgrade a free pass. We did "give a day, get a day" last year. We upgraded our free one day tickets to Deluxe AP passes. The passes were $369 at the time, and we paid $255 (one day ticket was $104). It was almost cheaper than a 3 day park hopper.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by bstone76 View Post
    You can even upgrade a free pass. We did "give a day, get a day" last year. We upgraded our free one day tickets to Deluxe AP passes. The passes were $369 at the time, and we paid $255 (one day ticket was $104). It was almost cheaper than a 3 day park hopper.
    No, you can not upgrade a free ticket. the "Give a day, get a day" promotion was the only excepion.

If the ticket have the price listed on it you are good to go.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    No, you can not upgrade a free ticket. the "Give a day, get a day" promotion was the only excepion.

If the ticket have the price listed on it you are good to go.
    Good post.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Thanks guys for the info looks like the best bet is to get the 3 day pass then upgrade it to the lowest AP on the third day......really I see no reason why everyone does not do this seeing how you still get to go the days you want and get an AP out of it (even if you dont plan on coming back)

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Yes you can upgrade any DL ticket to a ticket or pass that costs more.

Take the hopper to the ticket booths before it expires or the third day of use is over. You will pay the full price of the ticket or AP you want, minus what you paid for your ticket you are upgrading.

I suggest you use the Morning Magic first since you can't take part in that otherwise with an AP unless you are a resort hotel guests. After using the Morning Magic entitlement upgrade in the afternoon when ticket booth lines have slowed down. Then you can start using the AP to get discounts on food and souvernires.

Your AP will expire one year from the first day you used the ticket you upgraded from.
    Yep, that's just what I was going to add.

Originally, the new expiration date was when you upgraded, but now it is the first day the pass is used.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Thanks guys for the info looks like the best bet is to get the 3 day pass then upgrade it to the lowest AP on the third day......really I see no reason why everyone does not do this seeing how you still get to go the days you want and get an AP out of it (even if you dont plan on coming back)
    I think you can even upgrade it on the first day(It would be worth it if your current ticket isn't a Park Hopper...)Also, if you can afford it, I would reccomend to at least by the Sothern California Pass, it allows you to visit on most sundays and fridays and it is about 70 dollars more... It is great because sometimes on Fridays my family parks in Downtown Disney, does a little bit of shopping, and then takes the Monorail in to Tomorrow land, it is great if you just want to spend a few hours in the park. Also, instead of just 170 days that you are elligable to visit, you get 215 days of visits. Much less blockout days.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^ohh i have have a Premium pass this is for a friend who is going