• Banned User

What they should really do with innoventions

I offen here people respond to complaints about changes to classic rides with the argument that Dsneyland is not a museum and the changes must happen to keep the park profitable. So what if they turn Innoventions into an actual museum that pays tribute to the heritage of changed or removed attractions? I mean what does Dsneyland do with this stuff anyway? Heres some examples of what the museum could showcase1) the original POTC captain of the Wicked Wench 2) the beating heart bride from Haunted Mansion3) a People Mover car4) an ATIC omnimover5) Rex from the original Star Tours etc.It would be a great way to update attractions while still keeping them a part of Dsneyland. And it would cost very little. It might even save money as less storage space would be needed

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: What they should really do with innoventions

I'd love to see it return as an attraction
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• -

This idea sounds cool. Of course, a crater sounds better than what is there now.

The only problem is that it is out of the,e for Tomorrowland. This would be a way of showcasing attractions of the past. Tomorrowland is all about the road ahead. But i would love to see something like that elsewhere in the park.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Per Walt Disney, Disneyland is not a museum. On top of that, museums deal with the past - Tomorrowland deals with the future.

Nostalgic as I am for America Sings (and for CoP which I never saw) and as cool as I think the idea of a rotating theater is, I think the building should be razed and they should build a new attraction from scratch.

They already do this, to a large extent, with the changing Disney Gallery exhibits on Main Street.

There are three main options:

1. Redress the place with a new theme, and better and more interactive exhibits.

2. Make a new show for the rotating theater.

3. Gut the place and build an exciting new ride.

I'm hoping for option 3 personally, but would take 2 if it's a decent show.

• formerly very helpful

Agreed. Time for something completely new. And good.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    They already do this, to a large extent, with the changing Disney Gallery exhibits on Main Street.
    I was just going to point this out. Someone on here suggested an attraction based on the Axiom from Wall*E. I think that would be amazing and fit with the Tomorrowland theme.

•   
    • Minion

Maybe they could flip Blue Sky into the Innoventions space; that covers the future angle. I'd just like to see something new and interesting there. Some sort of a Tron or Wall*e ride; the sky is the limit.

I would LOVE to see some sort of focus on the attractions of the past in the Disney Gallery, though. Even though Disney's not a museum it would be nice to recognize the history somehow, and they could tie it in to the current attractions (ie, showing the original Flying Saucers vs. the new Luigi Tires).

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    That is the polar opposite of the Blue Sky Cellar in DCA.

Innovations could house any number of attractions. I wouldn't mind if they put the astro orbiter in there. Or a Table Service location.

• I can't stand you.

Give me a fantastic e-ticket and I'll forget all about Innoventions

• Artistic integrity

What few actually realize .. Is the carousel theater was once proposed to contain a show on the history of Disneyland .. following America Sings' closure. The time period was 1988. WDI was working away on Tomorrowland:2055 plans. "TL:2055" was scheduled to be built piece-meal ... beginning with Phase 1 - Alien Encounter, 1992. Phase 3 - the opening of Plectu's Fantastic Galactic Revue, Late Spring 1995. Construction on that theater was not going to commence any earlier than 1993. So ... there was going to be a 5 year wait.

Why waist 5 years on an empty theater? (1989,90,91,92,93). Answer - Temporary Show. A sample of the few I know of (I think there was more) History of Animation, History of Disneyland (35th Anniversary - '90) ... and the weirdest idea yet - Something revolving around Roger Rabbit, who was hot property at the time.

But in the end ... all that happened ... was the proposals just kept making circles (pun intended) .. and the theater got no-where for a 10 year period.

Now the latest ...... What happened with Stark Expo?

All this chatter ... "Announcement at the Aug D23 Convention, or very soon after."

Really??? ........... Well, we're just a week shy of December.

I got a hunch!

There is no Stark Expo waiting in the wings for the greenlight.

If it was a serious consideration ... I bet by now ... It's all off! Talk about "Green light" .. It's flashing red - as in .... You can just forget it!

Of course .. I could be wrong ... and then again ... perhaps Disney is getting enough complaints about the idea of adding Marvel ideas into Disneyland.

Seriously though - If there's one thing I have learned about the Walt Disney Co. ... is there is CONSTANT change. That line - 'Subject to change' .... might as well be propriety to Disney! (LOL)

Ideas and proposals come in .. go out. Come and go ... Come and go. Change shape ... make revisions .... flex another way ... and just when you think it's a "Go" ... is thrown out .. and Disney starts from scratch again! And again ......... and again ... and again...................
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 11-24-2011 at 02:11 PM.

• Artistic integrity

As an adjunct to my post ....

That pretty much sums the story of Tomorrowland for the last 25 years ... as a proper massive redo has been in a "subject to change" mode for WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY TOO LONG!

And the carousel theater has had an extremely colorful history in the name of "Subject to Change".

Starting with:

Carousel of Progress return - 1983/84
    Several Temporary Show Ideas - for years '88 thru '93
    Plectu's Fantastic Galactic Revue - 1995

and you can only imagine the dozens more ideas ... WDI has never revealed to the public.