Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Up is Down

Tickets on sale at a local Disney store?

On friday I am going to be going to the park and I was talking to a friend and he said that he thinks they sell park tickets at the Disney store near my house.... Does anyone know if this is true that they sell the tickets at the Disney stores and how it works.... thanks and if there is a thread about this please let me know I havent seen one.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Tickets on sale at a local Disney store?

Well, the last time that I was in a real Disney store (before they sold out) they did sell park tickets.

I would call them before I went down though. Triple A also sells tix to the parks.

Have fun!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Since Children's Place has taken over the ownership of the stores, some things have changed.

I would call your local store and ask...

In the past, they have kept selected tickets behind the counter for sale, usually for the park that is near them (California sells Disneyland, East Coast sells WDW).

Disney is switching to "Gift Cards", which will help the matter tremendously, as the ticket stock is not valid unless activated at the register.

VONS/Safeway and the World of Disney in Anaheim, and selected stores in Disneyland are starting to sell these "Gift Cards".

Not every type of ticket will be sold this way, for example, you won't be able to buy a one day, one park ticket. But many Multi-Day ParkHoppers and AP's will be available thru this new program.

The old system required Disney stores to keep "real" tickets in inventory (and why they were kept behind the counter), and if they ran out, they had to order additional tickets. So, many times people went to the store and had to wait for the tickets to be special ordered and shipped to the store.

So call or stop by and see what the local Disney Store carries.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Up is Down

well i decided to drive by there too look and they have these things that look almost like gift cards and they do have a 1 day park hopper so I guess I could try it I guess they just scan them like an AP....

The "gift card" tickets come in one through five-day park hoppers, and all AP's. One thing I noticed, was that you cannot add parking to any of the AP's, but you can always just upgrade when actually at Disneyland. The "gift cards" work just like regular tickets. You can use them directly at the main gate. These really are pretty handy, so if you don't mind getting a plastic card instead of the cool 50th tickets Disneyland sells, then I'd say it's much more convinient.

• Just Me

I just bought 3 premium APs at the Disney store in Valencia. They were still marked with the $329 price.

• The Candidate

I know that if I buy my California pass at the park on a black-out day, I can still get in. Does anybody know if the same true if I buy it at another location or online?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The Disney Stores in Phoenix Are still using the Display Stand
    They had prior to the Sale to The Childrens Place BUT, NOW
    The Display is fully stocked with Adult and Childrens Multi Day
    Tickets and Annual Passports for Both DL and WDW.

When You purchase the Ticket I'm sure they run it through
    their register to activate it. It seemed like they had more
    combination multiday passports than at DL! Each card had
    a different character depending on whether is was for an
    adult or child admission, and depending on the number of
    days the passport was for. This is certainly a lot more
    convenient than the old way. When I tried to purchase
    an annual passport when it was operated by Disney, they
    would have to order the passport and could take a couple
    weeks until they would recieve it.

The prices for the Annual Passport were the same as what
    DL offers them for (not the $329 unfortunately) for the stores
    I went to.

• Up is Down

well I decided to get it they just enter in the card # and it is active.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    I know that if I buy my California pass at the park on a black-out day, I can still get in. Does anybody know if the same true if I buy it at another location or online?
    Yes. Because you only have the 'card', and there is no printed pass, it starts that day. Since you may need to get into the park to get your picture taken, the pass is good that day. It's always good on the first day you use it.
    -Monorail Man

• Dont make me unfriend you

In October2005 , the Disney Store in El Monte, CA had two day hopper passes for sell. I didn't ask about any other tickets.

• Up is Down

yeah the one by my house has 1 day just Disneyland 1 day park hopper up to 5 days and AP's....

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

The South Coast Plaza Disney Desk (which I'm working today, but I'm sick so don't visit! Heh heh) has "1-Day, 1-Park", "SoCal 1-Day Park Hoppers", "2-Day Park Hoppers", and all four annual passes. I know that the Disney Store in front of my desk has everything but I think along with "3-Day", "4-Day", and "5-Days". They also have up to "7-Day" Magic Your Way tickets for WDW, I think.

Can I join in, since I actually work at a Disney Store in South Coast?

Yes, We sell Disneyland tickets and Walt Disney World tickets. All of our tickets are at the same price as Disneyland's. There is no discount if you but them here. We do not sell one day, one park tickets. We sell all Annual Passes and all multi-day tickets including one-day park hoppers, but those are our biggest sell-out. Don't be surprised if you come in and there are few or no one-day park hoppers. The Southern California Select Annual Pass will increase its price $5 as of January 2, 2006. I recommend getting the plain California Select pass since you have until January 2, 2007 to activate them. You can still buy the SoCal select pass, but if you use it after the 2nd, you will have to pay the additional $5. We DO NOT do parking upgrades. You can ONLY do parking upgrades at the park. REMEMBER: These tickets and annual passes are NON-Refundable and NON-exchangebale. If your ticket is lost or stolen, there is NOTHING that we or Disney can do about it. And I don't know what you guys are talking about when you say "gift cards." They are actual tickets and you may use them for admission and Fastpass at the park. They're not gift cards.

And yes, Burnt Toast, we do sell up to 7-Day tickets for Walt Disney World. Although I've yet to actually sell a Walt Disney World ticket. Many people don't even know we have them because they don't look behind the ticket stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    When You purchase the Ticket I'm sure they run it through
    their register to activate it.
    Well, yeah, of course. When you buy the tickets, you've actually "bought" them so you can go directly to the park and use them. If anyone tried to be stupid and steal the tickets, they wouldn't be able to get in because the tickets are not activated and you don't have any receipt that proves you purchased them. That's why IT IS RECOMMENDED that you take your receipt with you if you buy the tickets at the Store so that, just in case, you have proof that you paid for those tickets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast