• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

Disneyland Dreams

Have any of you had dreams about Disneyland...but it's not what it really looks like?

I know that sounds weird, but for the past I don't know how many years, I have had dreams about being at Disneyland, but it's not how it looks in real life. I know your head can warp things, but sometimes it's so far off aha. For instance last night, both the HM and POTC were right next to each other in a huge building, sort of like a movie theater, while something I recall calling Space Mountain was NOTHING like the actual ride, etc.

I've had them more lately and some are just down right weird. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen?
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Re: Disneyland Dreams

ALL the time! Rarely does it look like the actual Disneyland. I have this reoccurring dream that the entire entrance area (near the floral mickey/train station) is indoors.

• Minion

I've had a dream where Disneyland was as big as Anaheim, and you could hire someone to drive you around it or just walk around, but it was miles from one end to the other. There were high-rise buildings along Main Street where you could buy or rent a condo. All the drinks were free, even alcoholic drinks, but they expected you to tip the bartender heavily and they kept track of your tips. They had the original pirate ship from the old Fantasyland on display, but it was roped off and you couldn't go onto it. To get to Adventureland you had to cross a ditch about 100 yards wide and overgrown with vegetation. I thought it was fun to hack your way through it, that made it more of an adventure, but the poor lady in front of me kept saying, "I will NEVER come here again. NEVER!"

• Artistic integrity

I've dreamed about Tomorrowland more times than I can count. And even more on the Peoplemover. But not the PM or the rest of TL the way it is in reality ... but in some pretty strange and unique set-ups ... too hard to describe.

In a recent dream about the Peoplemover.... (And this has been re-occurring too) ... It's implied imagineering has pretty serious doubts about the PM track in the longterm (real) ... So, ... while the track is still up ... they throw up some sort of make shift vehicles that the track can hold ... and it's like it's a "soft opening" ... and CMs are letting riders take a ride around Tomorrowland .. before they tear it down.

But again ... this is not Tomorrowland as we know it in reality. Instead ... the PM is going through a series of "Futuristic Living" scenes ... I got my camera taking pictures. And these "futuristic" scenes have some pretty fantastic shapes to them. The architecture of the walls .. ceilings ... are full of interesting shapes .. .all heavily bathed in soffit lighting all around the ceiling pieces .. in various shades of yellows, pinks, blues .. you name it.

It's as though it was Horizons .. but instead of the vehicles following a side-step .. from one scene to the next ... we traveled INTO these homes, or places of "living" (work, play, etc.) .. and through the other side ... that eventually travel outside again through Tomorrowland .. and then back in ... for more "Horizons" type scenes ..and another bend leading outside again ... etc.

I can recall a WDW TL dream ... using the same "TL:71" set up it had ... but adorning the various building corners .. with large emerald green diamonds. (Sort of a nod to the Emerald City from Wizard of Oz).

And I can remember 3 iconic attractions at the entrance into Tomorrowland ..... 1) The P.M. ... 2) Circle Vision ... 3) the marquee actually says "ATIS". But changed around. ATIS is where Circle Vision is .. etc. And the only way to describe the design ... is (now) ..... since I've seen the film THOR .. it had that kind of an "aesthetic".
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 11-26-2011 at 03:44 PM.

• Done with MC.

Yea, I've had lots of dreams where I knew it was DL but it looked totally different. Stupid subconscious!

• Artistic integrity

For those of us who've been to Disneyland SOOO many times .... our dreams are actually refreshing ... for a different Disneyland experience.

• MaliBOOMer

I had a dream where on Space Mountain instead of a roller coaster you sat in a bucket seat (like a race car) and then you were sucked down a tube. (like the ones that carry capsules in offices.)
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Greetings, Program!

Back when I worked there and was dating one of the Storybook girls, I had a dream that I was taking a stroll thru the park with Walt himself. At one point on the walk thru a segment of Fantasyland, that of course looked nothing like what we are all used to seeing, he walked up to a phony, cartoony looking flower and opened it. Inside was a Reese's that he'd hidden in there and he split it with me.

I told my GF about the dream and a couple days later I opened the glove box in my car one morning to go to work and found a Reese's two-pack in there. There was a yellow post-it with a smily face drawn on it and saying "From Walt".
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

I would continuously dream about Diseyland and Disney World. It's just the geek in me that is set free.

I would constantly find myself in a situation where a ride that isn't around anymore was still existing. I found myself on Country Bear Jamboree, Motor Boats, Honey I Shrunk the Audience (oh wait, that was a nightmare, and it was real ), or even America Sings!

But my only real nightmare was being on BTMR at the time of the 2003 accident, with the train derailing and all.
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

Thanks for your posts guys! It's interesting to hear what you guys have experienced in your dreams. It's so odd but every time I dream about it, it's ALWAYS different looking, never the same. I remember I was dreaming about the HM and we were walking through the house (which looked nothing like it haha) and the ride scenes were so different. Maybe it's because they are my favorite rides, but POTC and HM are ALWAYS in my Disneyland dreams in some form or another.

---------- Post added 11-26-2011 at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I had a dream where on Space Mountain instead of a roller coaster you sat in a bucket seat (like a race car) and then you were sucked down a tube. (like the ones that carry capsules in offices.)
    THIS!!!! It's always something like this haha. Like not the right ride vehicle and maybe not getting sucked down a tube haha but similar weird things
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html