Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face Christmas Fantasy Parade Snowflakes Question?

In the christmas fantasy parade, The snowflakes that are rollerskating in the winter wonderland section of the parade ice skating.... They have large snowflakes strapped to their backs... Sometimes? I was looking at some videos of the parade and the lovely roller skating ladies, only have their over sized snowflakes on sometimes? For instance look at these videos:

A Christmas Fantasy Parade Disneyland 2010 HD - YouTube - Skip to 6:15. - NO snowflakes...

1. A Christmas Fantasy Parade - Disneyland Resort 11/13/09 - YouTube - Skip to 4:30 - Snowflakes!

Whats the deal with this difference? Anybody know if its due to weather conditions or what?

Re: Christmas Fantasy Parade Snowflakes Question?

That's hard to tell why they weren't wearing the snowflakes in the first video. It was day time in the first video and night time in the second, but i doubt that has anything to do with it.

• Minion

Wind is probably a problem, skating with a big thing on your back acting like a sail.

• The Pirate Girl

Yes, wind is the reason they wouldn't be wearing them.
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

• Disney is home

Wind is the primary reason for it. Also note that the snowflakes have new costumes and snowflakes on their backs now. I have seen the snowflakes get cut from a parade due to wind but have not seen them without the snowflakes on their backs yet. There is a good chance that these new costumes do not allow them to skate in the parade without them.

• Halloween 2011

I was going to suggest wind, but in the first video there is no appreciable wind at ground level I can detect. This may have just been a one-off, perhaps one of the flakes or the harnesses broke backstage and they sent the girls out flake-free rather than sending out an odd number of girls.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Not really too fond of the new snowflakes - kinda look like cheaper decorations - I've seen similar snowflake decorations in Target. However, I can understand that they would be lighter than the older snowflakes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Not really too fond of the new snowflakes - kinda look like cheaper decorations - I've seen similar snowflake decorations in Target. However, I can understand that they would be lighter than the older snowflakes.
    I was wondering about this as well. Something tells me that OSHA or the lawyers said something about potential falls or maybe someone, God forbid, was already hurt. When I was shooting them a couple weeks ago, the girls all had knee pads and the flakes look quite a bit lighter than the old ones. I think the knee pads are a new addition as well. Not crazy about the silver flakes, but if it keeps them from accidentally going over backwards, I'm all for it.

• Hooterville, USA

Aerodynamics?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I was wondering about this as well. Something tells me that OSHA or the lawyers said something about potential falls or maybe someone, God forbid, was already hurt. When I was shooting them a couple weeks ago, the girls all had knee pads and the flakes look quite a bit lighter than the old ones. I think the knee pads are a new addition as well. Not crazy about the silver flakes, but if it keeps them from accidentally going over backwards, I'm all for it.
    Don't forget the helmets. The new costume design does look like it was designed for safety purposes.

Pictures of the new snow flake costumes anybody? And thanks for the input everyone!

• Minion

the grile with the new snow flackes IMG_7255 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I was watching the parade, it was either last year or the year before, and one of the snowflakes fell, twisted her ankle, and had to be carried out by two other CMs. The parade had to finish up with only 5 snowflakes. So it is probably a lot to do with safety.

~savvy

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I saw it today (weds) and they weren't wearing their snowflakes, it was a somewhat windy...I heard CM's telling guests Believe would perform "weather permitting" so wind could be the cause of no snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan4ever View Post
    the grile with the new snow flackes IMG_7255 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr
    Those snowflakes are sad and do look like kindergarten arts and crafts the others were so intricate.

Its a matter of practice! More you practice, less you fall with a 10 pound snowflake on your back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast