Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Talking funny or interesting Disneyland stories

Anyone have some funny ,cool, or interesting experinces at disneyland.

• Minion of Chernabog

Re: funny or interesting Disneyland stories

Not Disneyland, but today I heard somebody say that they "only go to the original park, Disney World." A little part of me died inside when I heard that.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

• Banned User

Well something that is fun to do if the park is slow and the HM doesn't have a long wait, it is fun to ask the CM while going down in the stretching room if you can ride it back up and to lay on the floor, it looks like the ceiling and floor are going to crush you.

Also lord I can go on for days lol The HM the Chandelier that hangs in the foyer it resembles 666 if you have a good CM he/she could tell you about it. The Chandelier had 6 branches and on each branch is 6 bulbs and hanging from the bulbs 6 crystals.

When I did my WALK THROUGH of HM a few weeks ago it was fun a lot of fun info was given.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post
    Not Disneyland, but today I heard somebody say that they "only go to the original park, Disney World." A little part of me died inside when I heard that.
    -____-. I guess there logic is "if it's bigger it mustve been first!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post
    people really have no idea about somethings.
    and to someone like me my jaw drops.
    you dont have to be a disneyland fanatic to know that it came first....sheesshhhhhh

(yeah i kinda freaked out over here. you know youre disney geek whennnnnnn......)

• Blew By You

In some way, Disneyland is a small world too. I often (I really mean often) meet people who happen to be at Disneyland at the same time I'm there. Cousins, aunt, uncles, friends, lost friends, students of mine, friends of friends, neighbors, former girlfriends. I know this is not unique, but about every second visit, I will meet up with someone unexpectedly.

• One Little Spark...

This is not exactly funny, more interesting... When I was younger, I visited Downtown Disney for the evening with my family on the way back from a road trip. Considering we didn't have tickets to get in the parks (and no APs at the time), we were only there for dinner and shopping. When we were walking back to the car towards Harbor, I noticed the crowds were lining up in DCA for the Electrical Parade. I ran up to the gate to see if I could get a peak at it in the distance. A CM noticed me looking through the gates and came over with a curious look on his face. He smiled and asked if I wanted to see the parade. Of course I said yes with excitement. He let our family in for FREE to watch the parade. We also got on a few rides after. That was something I'll always remember.

• Insomniac

The funniest experience u ever had was listening to people tell their kids what they were building in Paradise bay when they were building WoC. Of course none of them ever noticed the giant sign that stated exactly what they were building. One guy spent like 10 minutes telling his som how they were building a roller coaster. The whole time I was sitting there I was struggling to hold it in haha... Or the guy who called the Matterhorn the mammoth.

The most interesting and awesome would probably be the people who dressed up as the main street electrical parade floats for Mickey's Halloween Party. Their costumes lit up and even played music! Every time I ran into them I got super excited! Haha their costumes made it worth the $60 fee (not to mention the 80 pounds of candy my family got).
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• -

I've posted this before, but the funniest thing that I ever saw was some teenie bopper chick trying to text while riding an ECV. The front of the cart went right off the curb on Main Street and got stuck so that a worker had to come help her get back up. The best part was that her friend was trying to warn her to slow down and watch out, but she just ignored her and kept texting.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Dont make me unfriend you

This happened when I was a new CM, long ago. I worked the midnight to 8 am shift. There was 8 of us in my training class. We had finished the night's training and our trainer was trying to find stuff to keep us busy for the last 20 minutes or so. He invited us to walk through the HM. We were all pretty excited to do this. So we rode the elevator down and started walking the track.

We go to the balcony scene. We all ran up to the railing and tried to lean over the railing to see down into the dinner party.

*BAMB* *BAMB* *BAMB* *BAMB* *BAMB* *BAMB* *BAMB* *BAMB*

Right down the line each of us hit our head on the glass plane that is there. We all just sort of rubbed our foreheads and looked at each other feeling stupid.....

La Canada Flintridge, California, United States

It's more of an awkward moment. I was at Storyteller's Cafe one morning and Brer Bear came by. A little bit terrified on how larger than life he is, I just spat out "God, your huge."

I have posted this story before but I think it bears repeating.

My very favorite Disney story EVER:

1957. My dad was seventeen years old. For his first visit to Disneyland, he took a girl on a date. They went on the Teacups. Being 17 years old, he put his head down and spun the teacup as fast as he possibly could. He never looked up. At the end of the ride, his date was unconscious! She had passed out, her head had flopped back, and all of the blood vessels in her eyes had burst. First aid, yada, yada. She looked like she'd been in a boxing match. My dad took her home and was so afraid of her dad that he just dumped her out on the porch and left.

Pretty soon there was pounding on the door at my grandparents' home. "WHAT DID YOUR SON DO TO MY DAUGHTER????" Needless to say, that girl is NOT my mother!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by robinjh7 View Post
    I have posted this story before but I think it bears repeating.

My very favorite Disney story EVER:

1957. My dad was seventeen years old. For his first visit to Disneyland, he took a girl on a date. They went on the Teacups. Being 17 years old, he put his head down and spun the teacup as fast as he possibly could. He never looked up. At the end of the ride, his date was unconscious! She had passed out, her head had flopped back, and all of the blood vessels in her eyes had burst. First aid, yada, yada. She looked like she'd been in a boxing match. My dad took her home and was so afraid of her dad that he just dumped her out on the porch and left.

Pretty soon there was pounding on the door at my grandparents' home. "WHAT DID YOUR SON DO TO MY DAUGHTER????" Needless to say, that girl is NOT my mother!

LOL as I read this I had one hand over my mouth and I had that WIDE EYED DEER LOOK. WOW. Well what I want to know now is does your Father watch who is in the teacup now while he spins it?

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
    Well something that is fun to do if the park is slow and the HM doesn't have a long wait, it is fun to ask the CM while going down in the stretching room if you can ride it back up and to lay on the floor, it looks like the ceiling and floor are going to crush you.

Also lord I can go on for days lol The HM the Chandelier that hangs in the foyer it resembles 666 if you have a good CM he/she could tell you about it. The Chandelier had 6 branches and on each branch is 6 bulbs and hanging from the bulbs 6 crystals.

When I did my WALK THROUGH of HM a few weeks ago it was fun a lot of fun info was given.
    click here mexican dentist dentist in mexico

OMG I'm so jealous, I'd love to do a walkthrough of HM
    Last edited by davix; 12-19-2011 at 09:32 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by davix View Post
    OMG I'm so jealous, I'd love to do a walkthrough of HM
    Yeah Being a CM has its advantages, like last year for the 55th Birthday we got to do Cast Member tours of Walts apartment. Its fun I have done walkthrough of HM, INDY, PIRATES and I have done the Fireworks walkthrough we got to go atop Sleeping Beauty Castle to see where they put the shells and stuff that was cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast