Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why I go to lunch at Disneyland often....

Today I had a long lunch at Disneyland. (Two Hours) I had not been to DL for a week.

1) I talked to the Evil Queen at the Wishing Well about the new Snow White movies coming out next year. How Kristen Stewart (Twilight) will make a plain and dull Snow White, and Charlize Theron comes close to her beauty. She was upset that she was not cast in the roll, and even though Charlize looks beautiful in Gold, it is not her color.

2) Everyones favorite Alice (Gingersnap) is currently featured on the Disneyland Web Site. I found her and the Hatter and used my new camera to film them. We had a fun discussion about the photo and that she is now more famous than the Hatter.

Video of them today...............
    Click on LINK below:
    Disneyland Alice in Wonderland is more Famous than Mr. Mad Hatter - YouTube

3) While walking behind the castle an 8 year old girl was crying her eyes out. She had just gotten her ears pierced and was in pain. I heard her mother trying to comfort her. At first thought she was not speaking english. It was a very heavy Scottish. Five minutes later she was still crying with tears running down both cheeks, and the front of her shirt was all wet! I continued out to the side exit and came across Cinderella heading towards the Castle. I told Cinderella that she was needed and walked her to the family and introduced the girl to Cinderella. She took the girl by the hand and quietly asked her what was wrong, and asked her to walk with her. A few minutes later they were still holding hands and she was smiling ear to ear. Her Mother ran back to thank me.

4) By then the Carnation Cafe had no wait. I talked to Oscar for a couple of minutes, and he said that they will remodel everything to the Coke corner, and change the menu to include Hamburgers, fries, etc. A half hour later I finished my yummy lunch of Half sandwitch, Loaded Potato Soup, and Pomagranet lemonaid, and went back to my shop to work on my cars.

NOT the "Best Day Ever", but well worth having an Annual Pass.

Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 11-29-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Re: Why I go to lunch at Disneyland often....

Oh how I am envious of you

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
    Oh how I am envious of you
    For being close to Disneyland or being able to take two hour lunches? :-

ahahahahahahah thats great.

We at the DRTC we run over to the park and usually catch a tram ride from the parking lot to DTD and back lol, Its not as great as your day but we have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    For being close to Disneyland or being able to take two hour lunches? :-
    I dont work and live in nor cal, so for being so close to disneyland

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    Today I had a long lunch at Disneyland. (Two Hours) I had not been to DL for a week.

1) I talked to the Evil Queen at the Wishing Well about the new Snow White movies coming out next year. How Kristen Stewart (Twilight) will make a plain and dull Snow White, and Charlize Theron comes close to her beauty. She was upset that she was not cast in the roll, and even though Charlize looks beautiful in Gold, it is not her color.

2) Everyones favorite Alice (Gingersnap) is currently featured on the Disneyland Web Site. I found her and the Hatter and used my new camera to film them. We had a fun discussion about the photo and that she is now more famous than the Hatter.

Video of them today...............
    Click on LINK below:
    Disneyland Alice in Wonderland is more Famous than Mr. Mad Hatter - YouTube

3) While walking behind the castle an 8 year old girl was crying her eyes out. She had just gotten her ears pierced and was in pain. I heard her mother trying to comfort her. At first thought she was not speaking english. It was a very heavy Scottish. Five minutes later she was still crying with tears running down both cheeks, and the front of her shirt was all wet! I continued out to the side exit and came across Cinderella heading towards the Castle. I told Cinderella that she was needed and walked her to the family and introduced the girl to Cinderella. She took the girl by the hand and quietly asked her what was wrong, and asked her to walk with her. A few minutes later they were still holding hands and she was smiling ear to ear. Her Mother ran back to thank me.

4) By then the Carnation Cafe had no wait. I talked to Oscar for a couple of minutes, and he said that they will remodel everything to the Coke corner, and change the menu to include Hamburgers, fries, etc. A half hour later I finished my yummy lunch of Half sandwitch, Loaded Potato Soup, and Pomagranet lemonaid, and went back to my shop to work on my cars.

NOT the "Best Day Ever", but well worth having an Annual Pass.

Now I wanna go to lunch with you!! Great story!

Side-note...I don't know why they casted the twilight chic as Snow White..ugh

• Sock Puppet

i do lunch at disneyland sometimes during the week. it's fun!!

• Hooterville, USA

You ought to do a lunch at the Golden Horseshoe. Food's not great, but the entertainment is fantastic!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    You ought to do a lunch at the Golden Horseshoe. Food's not great, but the entertainment is fantastic!

Actually, just before I filmed Alice I watched some guy named Farley with Billy Hill and the Hillbillies playing Santa Clause is coming to town, followed by the Orange Blossum Special...... (check out their shirt colors)

It came out pretty well except for some lens flare as I was shooting into the sun.
    It is amazing what you can get done in a couple of hours by yourself if you move quickly.

PS: I actualy don't like country music. I prefer watching "The Laughing Stock" outdoors. Or better yet when the Lauging Stock is off and they have one of them operate PUSH the trash can in Tomorrowland, or DCA.
    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 11-29-2011 at 06:59 PM.

WOW! That Alice is FANTASTIC! She looks and sounds just like the Alice from the film. No wonder she's on the website!

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post

Thank you! I love it when Annual Passholders help make the magic!

Last edited by davix; 12-19-2011 at 09:35 PM.

• Sock Puppet

I work close to Disneyland, and went there once for lunch. This was when Great Moments w/ Mr Lincoln reopened. I drove there, caught a showing, and headed back to work.

Being there at lunch wasn't as fun for me, because I can't be out that long for lunch.

I did have fun though going after work.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Well I'm envious of the 2 hour lunches! I'd probably have absolutely no motivation to go back to work after a 2 hr break though. hah

flower gleam & glow...

• Raconteur

Question.. why Gingersnap Alice?
    Disneyland Resort Photography by Quiksotik
    Disneyland parking attendant: "Have a magical day, yo!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast