Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• Minion

Re: With WWoHP rumored for USH in 2015, How will this effect DL's 60th Anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I just spit my drink out. Spider..er..Transformers will be a great ride, but one ride vs the entire land, shopping, setting and 1 E-ticket with 2 minor attractions? Don't think so
    But a lot of people (especially regional audiences) go for rides--and Transformers is based off a stronger franchise, a more advanced technology, and caters to a more thrill-based audience. Not saying Carsland won't be better, just saying it's good competition. A re-themed shopping district is also harder to market than a thrilling, state of the art ride based on a relevant franchise.

• Banned User

Re: With WWoHP rumored for USH in 2015, How will this effect DL's 60th Anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    What do you mean Disney is stopping with capital investment after DCA is done? Where was this said?
    I read it in an article, but I don't remember where. It was detailing the reasons for why Disney's Maryland Resort was cancelled. The combined investments of the cruiseline, China in Hong Kong and Shanghai, WDW's Avatar and Fantasyland, DCA's makeover, and especially Aulani (with its timeshare maintenance fee fiasco) has created a situation where they just want to "wait and see" what happens. Allow them some time to see profits before embarking on new projects. This made the Maryland Resort project less attractive.

Who knows if Universal Studios Hollywood's Wizarding World will be a stiff competitor. They have 3 or 4 years to wait it out. By then, it might be easier to import Avatar if necessary.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    But a lot of people (especially regional audiences) go for rides--and Transformers is based off a stronger franchise, a more advanced technology, and caters to a more thrill-based audience. Not saying Carsland won't be better, just saying it's good competition. A re-themed shopping district is also harder to market than a thrilling, state of the art ride based on a relevant franchise.
    Except a single ride won't keep you occupied for very long. So the problem is transformers isn't enough to make USH a destination to most worth revisiting frequently.. and why 'the entire package' is important. Disney is trying to break the 'hit ToT and leave DCA for DL..' syndrome which is why they are building something far greater then a single ride.

This is why USH needs a HP land and not just FJ in a soundstage. Transformers alas.. will simply be another ride in a build box at USH.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789