• Disneyland Fanatic

Question Question about turning Hopper into AP?

Hi everyone!
    I've been lurkin here for a couple of months and I can't tell you how much I enjoy this board.

I'm planning a 4 day trip to DL in February (rain or shine) and for the first time I'll be able to afford an AP for me and my 7 yr old DD.

My question is: when I go to convert my park hopper into an AP do I get a credit for the whole amount I paid for each hopper? Or is it just for a day?
    (I'm getting the 4 day hoppers)

Thanks in advance!

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Question about turning Hopper into AP?

Go to the AP building just inside Disneyland by the Bank of America. You just have to pay the difference between your park-hopper pass and the Annual Passport. I converted a 3-day to AP and the difference was only 90 dollars. Go there right as the park opens and there's no line.

• Small Projects Team

Ya, I think you can even upgrade it on the very last day of your park hopper and it shouldn't cost any more than if you did it on the first day, but I'm not sure whether or not that gives you a few extra days on your AP or just subtracts them from end of the year. Anyway, the full credit should go toward the AP.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mattjbhs
    Ya, I think you can even upgrade it on the very last day of your park hopper and it shouldn't cost any more than if you did it on the first day, but I'm not sure whether or not that gives you a few extra days on your AP or just subtracts them from end of the year. Anyway, the full credit should go toward the AP.
    Matt is right. When I went my first time I was told that If I go on the last day of my Parkhopper, they would subtract that from my New PAP. And yes it was as I was told. So All I had to pay was the difference.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Head Salesman

I suggest upgrading on your last day at the park. If you do it on the first day, you'll become an AP holder and you may be subject to blockout days for the remaining days of your trip (depending on which AP you get and what days your trip will fall on). Am I right?
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Disneyland Fanatic

Thanks for the replies, they were very helpful!
    (Especially the last one, great TIP since I do plan to be there on a Saturday!...I'll just updgrade on my last day there)

Thanks again,

Future AP Holder (YEAH!)