Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Disneyland's 60th Anniversary (open brainstorming)

In 2015, Disneyland will be celebrating its 60th anniversary. And since the 50th anniversary was so big, it needs to be as popular and inspiring as that celebration. In this thread, we shall be jotting down ideas to kick off the party such as new attractions and entertainment for both parks (anything from new attractions to updates of old ones) and we should also come up with a brand-new parade and fireworks show for Disneyland. With those ideas laid out, feel free to brainstorm and maybe this will be even bigger than the 50th!

A common theme throughout the celebration is the diamond, because it is a diamond jubilee, not unlike Mickey Mouse's 60th birthday in 1988:

The diamond jubilee aspect is a reference to a Disney ice show from the same time:

But Mickey's 60th is another thread for another time. I was just using that event as a kind of frame of reference. This thread is about Disneyland's diamond jubilee come 2015. Let's see what we can't come up with to have this event outdo the 50th. Have fun!
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Re: Disneyland's 60th Anniversary (open brainstorming)

Ok. In all kindness and with all respect, what is the purpose of this post? I mean "we" have no input into what is done for the 60th celebration. I would really be surprised if Disney suites took what is posted here seriously(or even read this). I really don't get it. Thanks!

• Banned User

I think the purpose is fun. With all the angry debates and complaints that come to this thread, we sometimes forget its original purpose.

•   
    • Minion

Diamond mouse ear hats! Okay, ridiculous, I know, but I LIKED the gold hats they had at the 50th.

Thank you, Mr. Maul.

• Under that tree again!

I currently don't have a lot of faith in Disney Parks having large milestone or anniversary celebrations.

Perhaps a special summer parade would be in order. Almost 4 years down the road a new E ticket opening could coincide.

• Minion

biger better frieworks show in rembering the magic of disneyland
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan4ever View Post
    biger better frieworks show in rembering the magic of disneyland
    Instead of focusing on the classic attractions like RDCT does, the focus could be shifted to the firsts you experience in DL. Such as walking into a Castle. Seeing Mickey in real life versus on a screen. Taking a boat on the Amazon River. Meeting a princess. The things that are magical when you visit Disneyland in your youth.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
    In 2015, Disneyland will be celebrating its 60th anniversary. And since the 50th anniversary was so big, it needs to be as popular and inspiring as that celebration
    I'm not so sure. The 55th was quite quiet. The 40th and 30th were relatively docile as well. Celebrations need to be in context. Overhyping the 60th could very well end in underwhelming the guests.

• Banned User

Some things I think are fair enough to expect:

1. Tomorrowland update. Maybe not attractions, but at least some remodeling.
    *A new 3D show in the Magic Eye (hopefully Wall E, but that's just my opinion)
    *something new if not a complete reworking of Innoventions

2. Fantasyland Theatre will have a new show. That's pretty much certain.
    * A few fireworks/Parade
    * A remodeled castle
    *Something done with the empty/wasted space. ie Skyway tower/Motor Boat canal.

3. They will have finally decided which land (Toontown, Fanstasyland or Frontierland get the expansion area behind the Festival Arena and it will hopefully be in progress or completed, leading to a new E ticket.

4. I think just like the golden cars in each 50 y/o ride there will could be diamonds hidden in each 60 y/o ride.

5. I also think we can expect a nice beautification of the whole park, and plenty of refurbs done in time. Along with the special decorations we had for the 50th.

What I'd LIKE to see, but don't expect:

1. Toontown given a major refurb, including adding Mickey's Philharmagic and more interactive gags throughout the land.
    *Clean up Chip and Dale's house, Donalds Boat and Goofy's house.
    * Either remove or put back the Jolly Trolly.

2. Fantasyland desperately needs a new attraction. Beauty and the Beast would be my first choice. Too big a movie not to be represented. If this land is given the expansion space (see #3 above), there are endless possibilities. Plus I think a lot of the dark rides could use updates.

3. I'd love to see some new destinations added to Star Tour that were cut from the first round.

4. People Mover replacement or demolish the track. It's time they showed no mercy on this.

5. Frontierland needs something! I'd say let it keep the festival arena, but devote the space behind that to the Fantasyland expansion. Reopen Fort Wilderness for the love of God, and get the pirates off the island. Also add a Native American area. Movie tie in or not, I say Pocahontas should be used somewhere in this area.

6. Either put a show in or an Aladdin themed restaurant in Aladdin's Oasis. This land is too small to add much, so there's no excuse for any dead space.

That's all for now.

• Blew By You

Make sure the park and its surrounding areas are clean, spick and span. Make sure every detail is taken care of as far as painting and maintenance are concerned. Begin inventories of every attraction and of their malfunctions and begin a maintenance schedule, even if it means closing attractions for an extended period, so by the 60th Anniversary, all attractions are working as they ought to. Don't plan any entertainment that would congest any of the parks (stopped parades especially!). Do plan a rededication of Disneyland (I liked that at the 50th). I wouldn't mind a giveaway program since there's more interesting things within the parks which could be a prize (Dream Suite, hotel suites, overnight stay in Disneyland somewhere, etc.).

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Make sure the park and its surrounding areas are clean, spick and span. Make sure every detail is taken care of as far as painting and maintenance are concerned. Begin inventories of every attraction and of their malfunctions and begin a maintenance schedule, even if it means closing attractions for an extended period, so by the 60th Anniversary, all attractions are working as they ought to.
    This^^^^ sounds super ambitious. I'd really like to see that.

• Banned User

Also... A lot of characters walking around. Old and new.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    ...I wouldn't mind a giveaway program since there's more interesting things within the parks which could be a prize (Dream Suite, hotel suites, overnight stay in Disneyland somewhere, etc.).
    Winner Winner. That's a great Idea.
    Dream Suite for regular folk sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    I'm not so sure. The 55th was quite quiet. The 40th and 30th were relatively docile as well. Celebrations need to be in context. Overhyping the 60th could very well end in underwhelming the guests.
    I don't think the 30th and 40th were so docile. Certainly, the 25th and 35th did pretty well.

Anyway, I will explain what should be updated later.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast