Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Joe Flowers

Re: Joe's 2011 Disneyland Candlelight Processional mini review and photos

Quote Originally Posted by Backside of Water View Post

I am in the second row of the top tier. My friend is standing right next to me and has bright red hair. we are all the way at the left end of the platform (center of this picture).

Thank you so much! These are brilliant!

---------- Post added 12-04-2011 at 02:37 PM ----------

I actually see a bunch of people from our choir in this. Me and my friend are off to the left of this picture. Thank you!
    Ah yes. I see you now. I'll look through the rest of my photos and see if I can find any more.
    Name:  Candlelight-people1-100.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  202.8 KB

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by Backside of Water View Post

I am in the second row of the top tier. My friend is standing right next to me and has bright red hair. we are all the way at the left end of the platform (center of this picture).

Thank you so much! These are brilliant!

I actually see a bunch of people from our choir in this. Me and my friend are off to the left of this picture. Thank you!
    I've posted the best pictures I could find of you here.
    Backside of Water - 2011 Disneyland Candlelight Processional Cast

Name:  Candlelight-Backside-200.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  186.4 KB

• Minion

These are just fabulous pictures! I saw it tonight and it totally blew me away. Luckily not literally, the wind was barely blowing.

Did you use a tri-pod for these pictures (main overall view)?

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    Can you point out your friend in this picture?
    Attachment 15973
    She's on the end, on the right side, 5th row from the top, about two down from the kid with the bushy dark hair. She's wearing glasses, and has her mouth open pretty wide compared to everyone else around her.
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by jrramsey View Post
    Did you use a tri-pod for these pictures (main overall view)?
    Nope, no tri-pod for these. I'm not sure how well that would have worked out anyway. You don't have much room to set anything up and it's very crowded.

For just about every shot, I was shooting ISO 3200 and with the 2x extender on my lens I was shooting at f/5.6 at 400mm. I had to take my shots where there was lots of light on stage, and I also used burst mode to take 3-4 shots in less than a second. That coupled with the image stabilization in the lens helped me get a few keepers.

For the (main overall view) photo I took back in 2009, it was also handheld, but with a wide angle lens. I waited until I knew the entire stage was going to be lit up, along with the trumpeters on top of the station. Happy shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by KBelle5 View Post
    She's on the end, on the right side, 5th row from the top, about two down from the kid with the bushy dark hair. She's wearing glasses, and has her mouth open pretty wide compared to everyone else around her.
    I see her. I'll look through my other photos tonight and see if I can't find any more of her. I'm sure I'll at least be able to give you a bigger version of that photo you're already seeing her in.

The female soloist is named Heather. She and Robbie (the tenor with the wavy hair) have been featured for several years now. Not sure how they came to land the Candlelight gig.
    The other tenor who did Silent Night (sung in... Italian? Spanish?) is named Drew and is new this year.

I was in the tree, first show on Sat. Second level, City Hall side. I'm standing between an older lady with white hair (Doris) and a Asian male (Dan). Looks like the photographer was on the Lincoln side. It sure was gusty and *dry* up there [chuckle]. It was my 12th year and I had a BLAST.

Only bummer was that my sister and other family members didn't get to see the show. There were seven of them and in between trying to get the teen-agers to be at a certain spot at a certain time... the crowds being way larger than they thought I was talking about... some fairly abrupt Guest Control... they were asked to leave the area they were standing in as it was 'too crowded' (per Guests near Fire House), about 5 min into the show. They apparently walked a loop back around to Main Street and down & back around and were able to hear a good portion. We met up at Uva Bar at 7pm instead and caught up with the details there.

See ya next year.

Great report - wonderful photos.

Thanks!

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by KBelle5 View Post
    Here's the best photo I could find of her.
    Name:  Candlelight-KBelle5-110.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  206.3 KB

I put the rest here.
    KBelle5's friend - 2011 Disneyland Candlelight Processional Cast

• I love that tiny bear!

Your photos were wonderful and you did a great job describing the experience...now I want to see it myself. Thank you so much!

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by Rednoyz View Post
    The female soloist is named Heather. She and Robbie (the tenor with the wavy hair) have been featured for several years now. Not sure how they came to land the Candlelight gig.
    The other tenor who did Silent Night (sung in... Italian? Spanish?) is named Drew and is new this year.

I was in the tree, first show on Sat. Second level, City Hall side. I'm standing between an older lady with white hair (Doris) and a Asian male (Dan). Looks like the photographer was on the Lincoln side. It sure was gusty and *dry* up there [chuckle]. It was my 12th year and I had a BLAST.

Only bummer was that my sister and other family members didn't get to see the show. There were seven of them and in between trying to get the teen-agers to be at a certain spot at a certain time... the crowds being way larger than they thought I was talking about... some fairly abrupt Guest Control... they were asked to leave the area they were standing in as it was 'too crowded' (per Guests near Fire House), about 5 min into the show. They apparently walked a loop back around to Main Street and down & back around and were able to hear a good portion. We met up at Uva Bar at 7pm instead and caught up with the details there.

See ya next year.
    Thanks for the info. I was on the Lincoln side for the first show. You mentioned it was your 12th year doing this. Check out some of my previous year's photos. You were covered up most of the time this year, but maybe I can find something from a previous year.
    Name:  Candlelight-2011-103.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  151.1 KB

Check them out here.
    Rednoyz - 2011 Disneyland Candlelight Processional Cast

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    Oh yeah! The wind was crazy! It was alright most of the time, but there were some times it really sounded like thunder. I noticed it particularly when he was saying, "The three wise men brought Him gold, frankincense, and myrrh." BOOM. Loud wind in the microphones.
    I noticed in some of my photos the trumpeter with the missing hat. You must have had some pretty good seats to see when he lost his hat.

Attachment 15970

You can see the safety harnesses in this photo.
    Attachment 15971

Maybe Gary Sinise was cold. He did tell the crowd to give the trumpeters a special round of applause and asked if they were cold up there. I couldn't see them from where I was standing to see their response.
    I was super impressed when even after a little more prodding by Gary Sinise, the trumpeters didn't flinch or move a muscle. They could have waved, nodded, shouted and nobody would have blamed them for responding, but they stayed still like soliders (although one guy SLIGHTLY nodded his head when re-asked if it was cold up there).

Since you mentioned you couldn't see their response from where you sat, I thought I'd pass that along. They were perfect examples of Walt Disney's "good show".

---------- Post added 12-06-2011 at 07:42 AM ----------

The Silent Night soloist, Drew in the Dapper Dans was PHENOMINAL.
    Last edited by vnormth; 12-05-2011 at 11:50 PM.

• Minion

In my 11 years as a CM, I never saw this show.
    I visited the park on Saturday night and accidentally came upon the show. I didn't know it was scheduled for last weekend.
    Even though it was busy I decided to stay and remained in the traffic pattern being guided toward Main St. Took a few glimpses though as I walked through Town Square, and it was indeed beautiful.
    Thanks for the pictures....they're great.
    And I love Gary Sinise.
    It was so amazing walking down Main St. hearing the story of the birth of our Savior piped in all around.
    Really amazing. I have to see this in its entirety someday.

• I won't grow up!

Great pictures. I always loved Candlelight and was a little bummed I didn't make it this year.

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• ******** Gold Member

Thank you for sharing your fantastic photos!!! I saw the second beautiful & inspiring show. It's great to see the performers closer with your zoom and the Main Street procession.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast