Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Confused One

Disney losing the magic?

Hey all I am at Disneyland now till the 8th. Boy am I shocked how I am being treated. Just shocked. I bought my tickets for the park at the Disneyland site (their site). Well I print them out and they say valid until 5-28-12. Well not true. I get here and a cast meme bet tells me they are not good until next year. No where on the ticket does it say this. So they send me to the ticket counter. The first person I spoke to (really nice person) tells me the same thing. I tell her nicely not true. She gets her lead and the lead says its their mistake. She was also very nice. And says we fixed the problem just go to turn style 7 and ask for the lead. I get there and this where it turns to the south. She tells me nope they are not valid. Didn't speak much English and kinda rude. She takes me back to the same bank of ticket booths and a new lead. She (very rude) tells me pay for 2 new tickets. I tell her will not happen. Because ***** (she was the lead that approved it) told me it had been handled. She tell me no she didn't then started arguing with me. At this time the fist ticket agent who helped me asked what happened. I told her that they are refusing to take the ticket now. She told the lead I was dealing with that it had already been taken care of. The lead tells her rudely to be quiet. I tell this lead to get ****. She talks to ***** and ***** tells her to approve it. Then this lead give me the third degree about I am wrong and an idiot but she approves it. I then thank her and leave.

I know this is a lot to read but it's what is happening at Disneyland. And yes I kept my cool and treated everyone with respect. Even when the second lead was rude.

Where is the magic of disneyland. Has greed taken over? I mean Disneyland use to be nice as heck. That is what set them apart from other parks. Now they are becoming like the other parks. Really sad.

Well I will be here until the 8th.

We come here ever year. I have been coming here off and on since I was 3-4yrs old and then when my wife and I got married in 05 we started coming every year since 06. Family tradishion.

Any help on this problem would be great. Thanks again. Btw I will stop by city hall in dl tomorrow about this problem too.

Thanks again take care.

---------- Post added 12-05-2011 at 08:33 PM ----------

Sorry for this wrong words in this topic. I am writing this on the iPhone. Darn auto correct.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 12-05-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: CM names removed for privacy/board policy

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

Re: Disney losing the magic?

Whoa, the way treated you is unfair and very rude. It seems two cast members were having a bad day. They think your tickets are "fake," since it don't approve it or they were not approving the tickets. I'd hope your tickets that you bought from the official Disneyland website works next time. It's almost 2012 and I think those tickets can be used from December 2011 to May of 2012.

Some things in Disneyland sort of went downhill, but it doesn't mean it is losing the magic.

Wow! What a horrid thing to happen to you! I would definately say that on that day, in that spot, the magic was lost. However, you must not loose it forever. I deny it!

• Confused One

Lang yes the tickets were real I went to disneyland.com.

---------- Post added 12-05-2011 at 08:47 PM ----------

I will not lose hope. Just surprised by the turn Disney took.

• Under that tree again!

I imagine the OP was not speaking nicely to the CMs since he explaineed he was insisting the tickets were valid at the ticket booths.

The tickets aren't valid and were not. Special Offers
    Valid January 4, 2012 through May 28, 2012.
    You can see that it is noted on the linked page.
    Tickets & Packages | Tickets & Reservations | Disneyland Resort
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 12-05-2011 at 09:18 PM.

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

Ah! There you go. It's not valid until next year. Thanks to Swampymarsh. I rarely buy tickets online from the official Disneyland website, so I don't really know until I find the valid date myself. Recently, I haven't been going to the website, because often times I was busy with other things.

• Confused One

AT the time I bought then it didn't say that. Had the wife dbl me when I got the tickets and the guy behind me in line had the same problem. For now on I will be buying tickets through AAA.

---------- Post added 12-05-2011 at 08:56 PM ----------

Stupid iPhone. Add a check in there

• Banned User

Also may wanna edit your post, Micechat doesn't like people naming CMs.

i hate to say this, but the tickets on disneyland.com are valid from january 4th, 2012 thru may 28th 2012. i'm glad they fixed it for you, but unfortunately this time the customer was not right.

• Confused One

Sorry about the names I didn't know for now on I will say person or lead 1 & 2 sorry. I will post pics when I get back.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by sapphirejc72 View Post
    i hate to say this, but the tickets on disneyland.com are valid from january 4th, 2012 thru may 28th 2012. i'm glad they fixed it for you, but unfortunately this time the customer was not right.
    Correct. It clearly states valid January 4 2012.

That being stated it is terrible customer service that Disneyland doesn't have some kind of plan in case something like this happens in cases where a guest might buy a ticket thinking they are valid when in fact they are not.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

From Website (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/):

Valid January 4, 2012 through May 28, 2012.

Promotional 3-Day Park Hopper Bonus Ticket Ages 3 to 9
    $198.00
    $183.00
    Ages 10 & Up
    $214.00
    $199.00

• Includes one Magic Morning early admission with select attractions at Disneyland Park.*
    • Tickets may only be purchased between November 1, 2011 and May 28, 2012.
    • Offer not available at Disneyland Resort Main Entrance ticket booths.
    • Blockout dates of March 30, 2012 to April 15, 2012 and other restrictions apply.

Then you have regular 3 day pass (1 park per day is same as special (however, special is a park hopper ticket)). 3 day park hopper (not a special) is def. a higher price difference.

From Website:

Valid now through December 31, 2012
    3-Day 1-Park Per Day Bonus Ticket

Ages 3 to 9
    $193.00
    $183.00
    Ages 10 & Up
    $209.00
    $199.00

3-Day Park Hopper Bonus Ticket

Ages 3 to 9
    $208.00
    $198.00
    Ages 10 & Up
    $224.00
    $214.00

All Disney needed to do was explain everything.
    A regular 3 day ticket (not on special and valid now) is a $15 difference.
    I would think they would just tell you that you owe $15 ($214-$199=$15) more for each ticket and allow you into the park (now making the tickets valid).
    They could technically get you on the full price and have you pay the difference from $224 ($224-$199=$25) since the $214 is an internet price....but I could only see that happening if they didn't believe in customer service.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 12-05-2011 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

That being stated it is terrible customer service that Disneyland doesn't have some kind of plan in case something like this happens in cases where a guest might buy a ticket thinking they are valid when in fact they are not.
    Agree. This can't possibly be the first time a guest may have missed the verbiage on the Disney site, and it doesn't seem like they're making a real effort to ensure no one makes a mistake. (People on some of the big Disney boards, and not just this one, have been mis-reading, and those are the most vigilant visitors there are! I'm a little worried to think how many members of the general public might buy for the wrong dates...though I guess many of them may not know they can buy online...)

Disney could code a pop-up when you click to purchase them that says "These tickets are not valid until January 4, 2012." Some people would still miss it, but it might help. I don't think they do that now.

It's not the CM's fault, OR the guests' fault, that whoever's in charge of ticketing or marketing is being...I don't know if sneaky is quite the right word, but I'm not sure it's not. At any rate, Disney should have a good game plan in place so they can handle this better. (Not that it SHOULD be happening at all...I think it's very odd that you can go to the site and very easily buy and print out tickets that won't be valid for a month.)

• -

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I imagine the OP was not speaking nicely to the CMs since he explaineed he was insisting the tickets were valid at the ticket booths.

The tickets aren't valid and were not. Special Offers You can see that it is noted on the linked page.
    Tickets & Packages | Tickets & Reservations | Disneyland Resort
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphirejc72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

Thank you all for pointing out the correct dates.

Regardless of the OP having an error with the dates that the tickets were valid, the point is the way the employees handled the situation. As soon as the first lead approved them, they became valid. The second lead should have verified it when this was brought up if there was any doubt. Instead, what does she do? She tries to silence another worker who was an eye witness in front of a customer. At that point, I would have asked to speak to that chick's boss.

If the worker that was silenced in front of customers is reading this, I would hope you complain to your HR department or a supervisor up the chain. That is not a way to speak to subordinates in front of customers.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    As soon as the first lead approved them, they became valid. The second lead should have verified it when this was brought up if there was any doubt. Instead, what does she do? She tries to silence another worker who was an eye witness in front of a customer. At that point, I would have asked to speak to that chick's boss.
    Yup.

And I also agree that you don't "silence" another employee in front of the customer.
    Let the customer get what they were promised
    and then behind closed doors talk about the situation.
    The customer doesn't need to see you two fighting.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast