Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bob Iger...

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Orville's Wall St report....Disney SELL...APPLE..buy!
    They won't do that well either once the general public realizes that you can get better than iPod for less money if you're willing to give up being cool and having a shiny chrome surface.

Now, Pixar, on the other hand, BUY BUY BUY.

Hey, maybe that cool idea that Bob Iger had for a show called Stacey's Mom will get make it into production. This show was suppose to be about a Mother who all the boys in the in nieghborhood had the hots for. Great family material! Maybe it should premier on Playhouse Disney.

What will the Board of Directors think of next?

• Kirbyshowcase.com

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDisneyDad
    Hey, maybe that cool idea that Bob Iger had for a show called Stacey's Mom will get make it into production. This show was suppose to be about a Mother who all the boys in the in nieghborhood had the hots for. Great family material! Maybe it should premier on Playhouse Disney.

What will the Board of Directors think of next?
    Survivor Fetus Edition.
    (insert funny comment here)

• Reaver of Souls

I really wish more of us shareholders could band together in numbers enough to toss the entire board out on it's ear... Why can't people see the incompitence of this board?
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    I really wish more of us shareholders could band together in numbers enough to toss the entire board out on it's ear... Why can't people see the incompitence of this board?
    The problem is that many shareholders DO NOT VOTE and never read their proxy. Kind of like the presidential election, they probably feel their one vote will not change anything.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    They won't do that well either once the general public realizes that you can get better than iPod for less money if you're willing to give up being cool and having a shiny chrome surface.

Now, Pixar, on the other hand, BUY BUY BUY.

It wouldn't be cool if it didn't do something incredibly well and look great. To me, iPod is more than a chrome case. I have a 15G ipod and love my 1GB (240 songs for 149.) shuffle too. Sony is too late to take back all 90 percent of the ipod market. They may make a dent, but Apple will continue to morph it and compete withall comers. IMHO. I'd buy pixar too.

Tell those Starbucks customers how can get a cheaper cup of coffee at an AMPM minimart, but they won't do it.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

I actually think Bob will do a great job. He is expereinced and has run the company. He IS greenlighting all the maintence at the parks right now.
    Really? Tell me more

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by lyd
    The problem is that many shareholders DO NOT VOTE and never read their proxy. Kind of like the presidential election, they probably feel their one vote will not change anything.

It's worse than that. The votes that aren't cast are ASSUMED to be voting for the regime. If only the votes that were actually cast were the deciding votes, Eisner and Mitchell would be out on their Assumed.

• insufferable know-it-all

Wow, the cajones of these people... ya gotta give it to em for fearing nothing. Doesn't mean I want them running the company though.

Hey, anyone wanna lay bets on how long his nose gets after the first year?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• .......MORE COWBELL

This kind of makes me sick....No Vision.....weak track record and no love for animation or Themeparks . Hope Iger can prove me wrong

• Vehicle rotating backward

While it may seem that the more things change, the more they stay the same, there's something to keep in mind here, and that's ego.

Does everyone here, despite the moaning and groaning and talk about Eisner2, really think Iger will personally feel fit just driving the company in the same direction that Eisner steered it with no change? Will he really be happy just being there and keeping the chair warm?

In just about every industry where there's executives and managers involved, everyone wants to "make their mark." For better or for worse. Now, unless they stop all animation or sell off the parks or some other massive unexpected event, things can't really get that much worse.

Things only have one direction to go in from here.

• Banned User

This board has to be the worst in the world. It makes me sick.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Post A Long Voice of Reason

Just as I'm not ready to give my undying praise and affection to Matt Ouimet for the turnaround at Disneyland just yet, I'm also not going to condemn Iger for the demogoguery that seems to have run rampant on this thread. I don't know the man, I don't know why ABC hasn't had a decent hit between the run of TGIFs in the 90's and now with 8 Simple Rules and Lost.

I know that others on the short list all backed out saying that they didn't want the responsibility of running Disney (rats-on-a-ship-mentality maybe). However, Iger DOES want the job. Why, is his own personal agenda.

I think one thing I would like to see, regardless of who is in charge, is to see a trial period of 1 year and a day with a option to continue pending vote by the full stockholders (or whatever they call the shareholders' meeting). At the end of the term, a full audit of the company can be given. If there is growth and a decent return, then it is up to the board members to provide their suggestions to the shareholders. This keeps the CEO responsible to the board and the board responsible to the shareholders. If the shareholders vote in a simple majority, then the CEO gets to keep his job for another year and a day.

HOWEVER, if that person gets a supermajority (2/3) of the vote, then they continue for 5 years and the subject is settled until the end of that term. At the end of 5 years, a full audit is done again and the vote is returned to the shareholders again.

If a simple majority isn't reached, another one is looked for as a replacement and the process is repeated. Warning, this could lead to too many cooks in the kitchen though, so what is looked for in a CEO has to be scrutinized but not made so difficult that no one wants, or is able, to fill the job.

If the supermajority is achieved, there are still the subjections to the annual vote of confidences. If a vote of no confidence exceeds 1/3 of the vote for any two of the 5 years of the term, a replacement is looked for and enacted at the end of the 5 years of the current CEO and given the year and a day trial.

This is just my rant and opinion to the ordeal. If Iger's been anointed, give him his chance. He might just surprise you in the end.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Disney Dad & Disney Nuts

. I'd buy pixar too.

Tell those Starbucks customers how can get a cheaper cup of coffee at an AMPM minimart, but they won't do it.
    coming soon to a California near you "Pixarland" Now Steve Jobs is completely free to pursue the conclusion of his Walt Disney legacy. A Theme Park dedicated to the characters created by his entertainment company.

PS - The coffee at any AM/PM market is far better than that wrecthed grool they serve at Starbucks.

Gag me with a spoon !

WDI

• Disney Dad & Disney Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    This board has to be the worst in the world. It makes me sick.
    Freak,

I agree that any intial reaction to any Disney annoucement tends to get a negative spin on the boards first off.

However, I will have to wait and see what we get from Iger. Either we end up with a version of "Early Eisner - with Frank Wells at his side" when things were good a Disney or we will end up with "Eisner Post Frank Wells I. E. Pressler, Harris, Pixar Troubles ETC.) Or worse we end up with the Creative equivelant of Ron Miller and we have the return of Hot Lead / cold Feet, the Apple Dumpling Gang, The Blackhole and the Black Cauldron (Although that is not too bad of a movie for what is was.)

Time will tell, I am hoping for positives here.

At least the stock is up !!

WDI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast