Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bob Iger...

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime
    l. If Iger's been anointed, give him his chance. He might just surprise you in the end.
    I agree, and have made that point in many of my posts, although I like to be sarcastic. He's reportedly a good guy and I believe that. None of us know what he'll do under different conditions and Iger is likely the one to hit the ground running in that he is already there.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WDI
    coming soon to a California near you "Pixarland" Now Steve Jobs is completely free to pursue the conclusion of his Walt Disney legacy. A Theme Park dedicated to the characters created by his entertainment company.

PS - The coffee at any AM/PM market is far better than that wrecthed grool they serve at Starbucks.

Gag me with a spoon !

WDI
    Actually, I believe Disney owns the licensing rights to Pixar characters due to their distribution agreement (hence the scramble for Pixar themed rides- Monsters Inc, Buzz, Nemo, etc.)- so I don't think Jobs could do that without a legal battle or at least having to pay heavy royalties.

But, maybe Pixar will negotiate with Iger since we know they wouldn't talk to Eisner.

Too bad we couldn't have gotten Steve Jobs to take the helm. Disney and Apple, mickey mouse themed iPods............

<drooling>
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDisneyDad
    Time to buy shares of Disney and elect a new board of directors.
    Let me know when you get controlling share, or when you start to manage the PERS pension fund.
    Meanwhile, if any shareholder does not like the direction the company (or the stock price) is going, selling those shares is a perfectly viable option.
    Stock investing is not for "owning" a company. It is for purchasing at a low price and expecting to sell at a higher price.

As for "Corporate TV Executive" Iger, I'm putting him on notice. How about something different from what Eisner would do, starting on Day 1 (six months from now)?
    As for CM Matt, he IS the savior of Disneyland. Has there been a turnaround in the brief 1.5 years as head of DLr? Yes. Is there more to go? Yes. Is he going to increase the AP prices, again? Most definitely.

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

I'm kind of curious if this was all a rouse by Roy and his partner along with the board to get Eisner out sooner than later, in this instance a year sooner.

Once Eisner fully cuts all ties with the Disney Co. will the board dump Iger with a vote of no confidence for a new CEO. Perhaps the search did go on as suspected but to bring someone in on the lower ranks to be brought up later.

Disney did own the Angels..perhaps they are bringing in a reliefer to close out this game and have someone else with a fresh arm for the next game.
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by XterraceEmp
    Once Eisner fully cuts all ties with the Disney Co. will the board dump Iger with a vote of no confidence for a new CEO.
    That's not how it works. If Iger gets off to a poor start, which would be about 1.5 years -- have to discount the results as part of the last guy's work -- then he can be fired according to provisions in his contract.

For example, to get rid of Eisner would have cost a whole lot of money. Probably over $100 million, or the cost of a new E-ticket ride (you know, like the one he's "getting off the last run of after a great day at Disneyland" -- wow, such a great imaginator).
    That's because he worked out a great contract, approved by board members, which, of course, he had in his hip pocket. I suspect that Iger will not have as good a severence package, but he might in about five years.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    That's not how it works. If Iger gets off to a poor start, which would be about 1.5 years -- have to discount the results as part of the last guy's work -- then he can be fired according to provisions in his contract.
    I am beginning to doubt the phrase "better late than never" fits to this? I wish it did. And if it does, than maybe we are on the right path. But who is to say that Igner wouldn't "sit in" on the next CEO interviews? Then this company would be treading water.

I love CM Matt for all that he has done for Disneyland. I would even be willing to sacrifice someone like him to take over the company. (I'm sure he would be able to find a great candidate to run Disneyland too.) But that won't happen either.

Since I did attend the 2005 shareholder's meeting (as a guest, so I couldn't vote) I do remember one thing above all. On the matter of picking a new CEO the shareholders seemed to agree with that spunky, outspoken, lady with an accent. (I forget her name.) As she was presenting her thoughts, the crowd wasn't quite sure how to handle her. But the only thing the audience did agree on was out with Eisner as CEO and bring in someone not already wearing a Mickey Mouse tie!

I support the SaveDisney campaign and wish it would have a stronger affect. They seem to be doing all they can over at the SaveDisney camp and Disney just doesn't seem to care. I take that back, the executives don't care. The lower Cast Members, certain managers, leads, former 2D animators, the ones working on the new CGI films at Pix-aren't studios (aka Disney) are among those of us, the fans/fanatics/freaks/addicts, etc. who truly care.
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 03-14-2005 at 03:17 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123