View Poll Results: Which one would you visit?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carsland

93 50.82%
  • Wizarding World of Harry Potter

90 49.18%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Not here to help

Re: If you could only visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter or Carsland?

The design at Potters is not as good as Carsland looks to be, but the rides are more fun. Potter and butterbeer for me.

When the Wizarding world opened it was claimed by some that the theming was just as good as in DisneySEA. That is not true at all. DisneySEA would never have the ridebuilding unthemed and visible from the park like it does in the new Harry Potter ride in Orlando. Buuh!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I'm not a Harry Potter fan either. So I could care less about it. I'm looking more forward to Cars Land. And let's face it. The Forbidden Journey is pretty much a simulator type ride with some set pieces here and there. Radiator Springs Racers is going to be an incredible ride experience. You will get to ride in a real car and race around Radiator Springs which be a very detailed and real environment. No simulator ride is going to be able to beat that.
    Forbidden Journey is A LOT more than a simulator with a few set pieces...

But with your logic, why would I want to get into a "real car" when I just parked mine after driving a few hours to get to DCA.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Not on the Jedi Council

I am happy I will in actuality get to see both of them. If it were one, I would pick Potterland because of theming, and because I haven't seen either of the Cars movies. Keep meaning to see em, just haven't yet.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

The point of the question is a thought experiment for people to really think, if they could only choose just 1.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Sorry, but I too would have to give it to potter.

Much bigger of a fan of potter than cars
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Minion

I picked WWoHP just because I like the franchise better than Cars

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

potter. the forbidden journey is just so amazing. although i'm excited for radiator springs racers, i can't imagine it topping the technological advances the forbidden journey has achieved. it's a great ride; and even if you're not interested in harry potter, i'd say go on the ride and focus on the amazing mechanics of it all. oh and i'm a huge potter fan, and cars isn't even one of my favorite pixar movies either, which probably has to do with my less than stellar excitement level for carsland.

flower gleam & glow...

• A Malice in Wonderland...

Great question. It makes you wonder which will be a bigger draw for the Southern California theme park market. Certainly the additions will help both parks create a metropole of entertainment which both will benefit from, but there certainly is still a competition here.

I chose Carsland and I'm definitely more a fan of Potter than Cars, which I consider one of the weaker Pixar offerings. I suppose it is for the immersiveness that I expect out of Carsland. I go to a theme park to escape the ugliness of reality and embrace the fictional perfection portrayed. I simply believe Carsland will achieve this to a more spectacular degree than WWoHP has. The immense and awesome rockwork of Radiator Springs will pay off in incredible realistic skylines and feelings of thematic immersion. Harry Potter has some nice visuals as a land, including Hogwarts Castle, but it is still perforated with steel pillars ubiquitous in modern amusement parks. And thus, paradise is lost.

Perhaps Potter is a better theme. However, I feel Disney is more committed to Cars here and will be less compromising in the lands execution. We will have to see how the Wizarding World manifests in Hollywood, but as it stands in Florida, as great as it is, the land is still a makeover of a previous area. The two coasters bear this out. Carsland is an original design and Luigis and Mater's will be both more original and incredibly better themed than the coasters of the Wizarding World. I think the signature attractions will be comprable but overall Carsland should come together as a coherent thematic idea far better than Potter's current incarnation.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I'm not a Harry Potter fan either. So I could care less about it. I'm looking more forward to Cars Land. And let's face it. The Forbidden Journey is pretty much a simulator type ride with some set pieces here and there. Radiator Springs Racers is going to be an incredible ride experience. You will get to ride in a real car and race around Radiator Springs which be a very detailed and real environment. No simulator ride is going to be able to beat that.
    RSR is going to be a ride past a bunch of set pieces here and there as well...
    Once you get inside the vehicle, there's no telling you're in a real car--in fact you'll be able to see the track ahead of you and the little guide along the middle of the road.
    You also won't be able to help noticing that you're really not going that fast or that far because you're constricted to a real-life track.

The simulator on FJ actually makes you feel like you're flying, and there's total unpredictability in its motions. The set pieces here and there are phenomenal. It is literally a one of a kind experience (there are two other rides just like RSR, and the sensation of driving is one we all had to get to the park in the first place).

I'm not saying RSR won't be amazing. But to say that FJ can't even touch it is a pretty big understatement--just because it isn't made by Disney doesn't mean it can't be amazing.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Definitely Harry Potter, I want to ride the best ride ever built.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Common trend = People who vote for Carsland are people who dislike Harry Potter, so they have no other choice but to pick Carsland.
    Not true at all. I voted for Carsland but I am a much bigger fan of Harry Potter than Cars. I grew up with the Harry Potter books and with the movies. I would rather go to Carsland though. I already listed why in a previous post.

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    RSR is going to be a ride past a bunch of set pieces here and there as well...
    Once you get inside the vehicle, there's no telling you're in a real car--in fact you'll be able to see the track ahead of you and the little guide along the middle of the road.
    You also won't be able to help noticing that you're really not going that fast or that far because you're constricted to a real-life track.

The simulator on FJ actually makes you feel like you're flying, and there's total unpredictability in its motions. The set pieces here and there are phenomenal. It is literally a one of a kind experience (there are two other rides just like RSR, and the sensation of driving is one we all had to get to the park in the first place).

I'm not saying RSR won't be amazing. But to say that FJ can't even touch it is a pretty big understatement--just because it isn't made by Disney doesn't mean it can't be amazing.
    That's what I am saying here. It's like people are saying that Disney can't make a ride better than Harry Potter... when I know without a doubt they are certainly capable of it. In Test Track at Epcot, you see the track in front of you too. But it still feels like you're riding in a real car. And it's still a lot fun. But Radiator Springs Racers will be even more fun cause there's gonna be more of a story and more characters involved with it... which will be life-sized animatronics. I can't wait to see those and what the set pieces in that ride are gonna be like.

probably Carsland because after i am done with that area i have all of DCA and Disneyland to enjoy. If i went to WWOHP there is very little else to do in Universal that would keep me entertained

• Banned User

I pick c) a Disney-built Harry Potter land. The real shame is that Disney passed on that opportunity.

I think if you compare what each owner did with each respective franchise, Disney wins hands-down with CL. It's not half the franchise HP is, but the land appears to be insanely superbly executed - it will appeal, without much convincing, to the general public who are not Carsfans. Universal did a pretty good job with WWoHP at Universal, especially in Forbidden Journey (do not knock it 'til you try it - it's so much more than a simulator ride) and the parts of Hogsmeade they built. But there were undoubtedly flaws in the execution (land is small, rethemes are weak, poorly hidden showbuilding, so many missed opportunities...).

Potter will be certainly be more popular. Its fanbase dwarfs Cars's and thus its "we're going to that park just 'cause of that land" factor will be much higher. But I think in controlling the analysis such that we compare the non-fans' reactions to the different lands, Carsland will win.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Definitely Harry Potter, I want to ride the best ride ever built.
    I didn’t know that Jumpin’ Jellyfish was at Harry Potter Land.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast