View Poll Results: Which one would you visit?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carsland

93 50.82%
  • Wizarding World of Harry Potter

90 49.18%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: If you could only visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter or Carsland?

We're not 100% certain what will be going into WWoHP yet so I'd rather wait and see. Though it would still likely be Potter anyway.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I have absolutely no interest in Cars or Carsland. So we would never vote for that.

ORWEN: At the same time, we're not really big fans of Harry Potter either--shocking as that may come to some. I mean, we may be witches and all that. But Harry Potter didn't appeal to us because of the setting the story took place within--a school! We don't like schools. We HATE schools--whether they be high schools or colleges. We've had bad experiences with schools in the past and don't like to be reminded of them.

ORDDU: Still, we voted for Harry Potter only because anything related to cars bores us to tears...

• Former Cast Member

I don't think it is a great question as they are apples and oranges. WWoHP had a budget 50% larger, for an area 80% larger and it was based on one of the most successful book and movie franchises of all time. Each is good for what they are.

WDI is more than capable of producing such areas and attractions as the majority of the people on the WWoHP project were former WDI employees.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by jeremys View Post
    I don't think it is a great question as they are apples and oranges. WWoHP had a budget 50% larger, for an area 80% larger and it was based on one of the most successful book and movie franchises of all time. Each is good for what they are.

WDI is more than capable of producing such areas and attractions as the majority of the people on the WWoHP project were former WDI employees.
    Don't you mean Carsland has a budget that is 50% bigger with an area that is 80% larger?

Anyways I am loving this. It is interesting to hear people's takes on these 2 new lands.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• No Title for you

It would be a tough choice; however, I'm more of a HP fan than a Cars fan so it would be WWoHP.
    Just another DL fan

• Banned User

In my opinion, Wizards, elves, giant spiders, dementors, dragons, talking portraits, etc is INFINITELY more interesting than talking Cars.

Also, I'm highly doubtful that with WDI's current reputation, they would be able to produce something as good as Forbidden Journey. Nothing WDI has done in the past decade even comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    probably Carsland because after i am done with that area i have all of DCA and Disneyland to enjoy. If i went to WWOHP there is very little else to do in Universal that would keep me entertained
    But the question isn't Universal vs Disney. The question is Carsland vs Wizarding World.

• Minion

Considering that I've already been to WWoHP, I'll have to say Carsland.

While WWoHP was great and well done, I felt there was something missing. I can't quite place it, but I felt I was in a theme park land based on Hogsmeade and not actually in Hogsmeade.

Along with the amazing RSR, quaint shops, and incredible rockwork, I don't think people on here should be writing off Carsland so soon. I have a feeling it's really going to pack a punch and be great.

Potter coming to So Cal is huge, huge news. Serious competition for DL. Will certainly take a share of DL resort's current visitors and $. However, it could still be a + for DL as more people will choose LA for their vacation, and DL will certainly get some of those new visitors as well.

Result? Probably the biggest blow will be to DCA. You will certainly see many people split their vacation theme park $ between DL and Universal now (such as my family) that used to go to DL resort for all their theme park fix. DL will still get its business, but a lot of that second day money that DCA is getting now will go to Universal. Likewise, the Harry Potter fans will want to see DL, but not have the time or $ to spare for both it and DCA.

I would choose the WWoHP over CarsLand. I have never been a fan of the Cars series but I have really enjoyed the HP book and films. The WWoHP would be a more interesting land to visit and offer me more (rides, characters, food, etc.).

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    In my opinion, Wizards, elves, giant spiders, dementors, dragons, talking portraits, etc is INFINITELY more interesting than talking Cars.

Also, I'm highly doubtful that with WDI's current reputation, they would be able to produce something as good as Forbidden Journey. Nothing WDI has done in the past decade even comes close.
    i agree 100%.

i am actually a fan of Cars, and not really a fan of Harry Potter. i respect the films and stories for such creativity, but the movie have never really turned me into a fan. HOWEVER, i am personally more interested in WWoHP than Carsland. Carsland looks fun, especially RSR, but i think it's the fact that Harry Potter features a castle in some fantasy world, it makes it more special. Cars, we just go to a desert.

so Harry Potter all the way. i hope it kicks Disney's butt in a way so that WDI has to create bigger and better attractions. but knowing them, they'll probably respond with some more princess meet n' greets that are all about asking the princess a question, get an autograph, take a picture, next kid.

• Minion of Chernabog

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    i hope it kicks Disney's butt in a way so that WDI has to create bigger and better attractions. but knowing them, they'll probably respond with some more princess meet n' greets that are all about asking the princess a question, get an autograph, take a picture, next kid.
    Knowing them it will prompt them to develop a next generation CGI fully interactive state of the art... meet and greet.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

• DisneyFan

I think Carsland looks awesome and immersive, I'm here, so I obviously love Disneyland, but Potter is a much much better IP, and if I'm being forced to choose between them, it's potter all the way.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Carsland, while it looks like it will be a solid addition to DCA, is a land that has everything that you could easily see on the road;there's nothing out-of-the-ordinary about it. I could go visit an old curios shop on my road trip to see my relatives if I wanted to. On the other hand, I wouldn't be able to visit Hogwarts Castle on that trip. The only thing about Carsland that interest me is the new E-Ticket they have planned and even with that, it has things that you could see on "the open road".
    That really says it for me. Disneyland has always been about taking you elsewhere -- and elsewhen. Carsland is a journey of a few hours down the freeway from Anaheim -- today. Meh.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    That really says it for me. Disneyland has always been about taking you elsewhere -- and elsewhen. Carsland is a journey of a few hours down the freeway from Anaheim -- today. Meh.
    Perhaps you are unfamiliar with Cars, because that is not true.

Cars is on route 66. It's not on a freeway.

Up the 5 you can see a paddle boat. Up the 15 are hoodoos. Go far enough across the 10 and you will find a haunted mansion.

Inspiration come from somewhere. HP is inspired by something near JK Rowling. It's really not that novel.

• Can Only Wish For More!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Perhaps you are unfamiliar with Cars, because that is not true.

Cars is on route 66. It's not on a freeway.

Up the 5 you can see a paddle boat. Up the 15 are hoodoos. Go far enough across the 10 and you will find a haunted mansion.

Inspiration come from somewhere. HP is inspired by something near JK Rowling. It's really not that novel.
    FYI, Route 66 is part of Santa Monica Blvd, Foothill Blvd, and many others. So I can actually drive up the 5 towards Los Angeles and take a drive on Route 66.

BTW, what are hoodoos?
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast