View Poll Results: Which one would you visit?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carsland

93 50.82%
  • Wizarding World of Harry Potter

90 49.18%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

• Minion

Re: If you could only visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter or Carsland?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I prefer Carsland. The DLR already has a park that features a castle in some fantasy world. I wonder which park that is in?

And I doubt there is anyone who thinks that the castle in WWoHP is the more magical one.
    I definitely think the WWoHP castle is more 'magical'. It makes more sense in its location and is overal just greater in scale, magnitude, and attention to detail--it looks like the real thing! My sister once had a doll house that looked like Sleeping Beauty Castle....

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I would visit both. However, I am not that excited about California getting a copy of an entire land from Orlando. I'd rather universal invest in something different. Cars Land will be a thrill all the way around.
    Its interesting you use this as reasoning, how is this any different than building a Disneyland in China, or Japan, or Florida?

Or the same attraction in multiple Disney parks?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    when I'm sure all the Potter fans have seen the Cars movies...
    I guarantee that there are Potter fans who have not seen Cars. There are Cars fans who have only seen one of the two movies.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I cant vote because both look great in there own ways...but just saying people who have not rad or seen the movies should....I bet you'll be hooked
    Maybe the books are better, but I have seen the first couple of movies and donít understand what the hype is all about. I realize that there are people who love Harry Potter, and I am happy for them that California is getting a Potter Land for more of these fans to get to experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Well I already posted these in the Project Tracker, but these are some pictures I took yesterday from the 2nd floor lounge at the Winery while enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sun set on the great mountain range. These pictures don't do the view justice. It truly was a jaw dropping and amazing view. This is the reason that I am more excited for Carsland. Excuse the quality of images, they were taken on my iPhone. Enjoy!
    Great pics! Thanks for sharing.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Obviously in the end it is win, win for the consumer. But I just love these thought experiments.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    But how would you make a beverage out of oil?
    Squeeze a DCA turkey leg. Presto -- dinner and a drink!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Squeeze a DCA turkey leg. Presto -- dinner and a drink!
    I just threw up in my mouth a little! lol

But you could get creative ... like "Aunties Freeze" a slushie

Or Organic Fuel...a nice juice smoothie

it writes itself really
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Hooterville, USA

When I was a kid traveling across Route 66, neon was the big thing to attract motorists. That's what made me adore Cars so much and now Carsland.

Memories from when I was young, have kept me happy all these years.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

I prefer Carsland. The DLR already has a park that features a castle in some fantasy world. I wonder which park that is in?

And I doubt there is anyone who thinks that the castle in WWoHP is the more magical one.
    Your wording is very off here.

I would actually argue the vast majority of people think Wizarding World's is much more magical. Its incredibly tall, looks exactly like the real thing. Extremely detailed in all aspects and look fantastic. Much more detailed then Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

BUT, Disneyland's castle is more nostalgic, iconic, and is associated with many many many more memories.

• Minion

I don't know, I'm kind of torn on this. Visiting the "world" of Harry Potter is much more appealing to me than visiting the world of Cars. However, I'm more interested in the rides that Carsland will have vs. Wizarding World. So I'm not sure how to vote.

• Banned User

In a little garden called Pixie Hollow at the base of the magestic Matterhorn Mountain

Excited for both - but I have to go with Cars Land!

• Ryan

Cars land.
    I am the biggest harrypotter fan in the world.
    I saw the first cars and I thought it was okay, but the story isn't as good as harry potter.

But this is why I would choose cars land.
    It feels real. It is a "real place" walking down the street, talking cars, all things you see in real life
    Harry Potter will always be how I see it, and it isn't knew, just now that you can ACTUALLY GO THERE, doesn't mean I wasn't "going" there my whole childhood.

I think I would have a great time in WWOHP, a really real experience.

But in CL I would have a better time, new stuff (to me) new adventures that I can continue outside of what I already know.

It just seems more more whatever that means.

I think it will be great.

I went to the special Dizapalooza party at Harry Potter land last weekend. I had a good time, but I was bored after an hour. I don't ride roller coasters any more, so the Dragon ride was out. The Forbidden Journey was fine and really liked the queue, but I didn't care to ride a second time; the same for the kiddy coaster. Disney stuff is expensive, but Universal merchandise was outrageous: $30 for a wand and $100 for the black gown! Unfortunately, no food was available, but unlimited butter beer, pumpkin beer, and pear juice. I was sick for the next three days. I also admit that I am not a fan of Harry Potter.

I am looking forward to riding the Radiator Springs Racers as well as the flying tires ride. I may pass on the spinning tow trucks.
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D

• Banned User

I've been to Wizarding World, so I would pick Cars Land. Better something new than something you've already experienced. And yes, WWOHP is great. Forbidden Journey is a terrific ride; we rode it four times in a row, and could have gone on again. Unfortunately, it was a sweltering May day, and the queue for Olivander's was a 30 minute wait in the sun...so that gives us an excuse to go back.

If I had never been to WWOHP, I would pick that land to visit over Cars Land. The online reviews for Potter were rapturous, while we still don't know whether Cars Land will be a home run for Disney. It better be, because phase one of the expansion hinges on it.

• keh!

Sleeping Beauty Castle and Hogwarts give off COMPLETELY different vibes. they're magical in their own way and are in very different settings. i see SBC as more of an enchanting magic, and Hogwarts is darker and more mysterious. i don't think people would say "oh we don't need Hogwarts, we have Sleeping Beauty Castle, same thing." way, way off. one has a diorama, the other has one of the most advanced attractions ever built.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast