View Poll Results: Which one would you visit?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carsland

93 50.82%
  • Wizarding World of Harry Potter

90 49.18%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

• DLR Cast Member

Re: If you could only visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter or Carsland?

I love Harry Potter, but I've had the advantage of actually being in the Cars Land site during construction, and it already blows me away, even before it's done. So for me, It's Cars Land. Not even a close contest!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

interesting to see how Carsland just pulled ahead of WWOHP.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I think the funny thing about Carsland is that if you drove to Disneyland from Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, you have already seen Carsland while you en route.
    I live in Utah and not really true sure you will drive through some small towns and see some desert landscape but nothing that is even close to the butte and cadilac range of carsland! Unless you take a pretty major detour through Bryce canyon (in which case you would not need to ride BTMRR either) or Zion. My vote here is Carsland all the way I could care less about Harry Potter and I think for myself the rides in Carsland are more my style!

---------- Post added 12-18-2011 at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Common trend = People who vote for Carsland are people who dislike Harry Potter, so they have no other choice but to pick Carsland.
    And everyone hating on Carsland doesnt like the movie cars! imagine that! Just for the record I love the movie cars and would probably have chosen carsland over just about anything like if you would have added a choice for the up coming Avitar land I would still have picked cars!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Banned User

DCA Militia to the rescue!

• Senior Minion

What's even more interesting is that after a week as a distant #2, the best that Carsland can do on this bastion of Disney fandom is barely pull even with WWOHP.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    What's even more interesting is that after a week as a distant #2, the best that Carsland can do on this bastion of Disney fandom is barely pull even with WWOHP.
    I don't know that I'd call MiceAge a bastion of Disney fandom, a lot of people love to rip Disney on here. They say it is just tough love, but there is a happy medium between Disney can do no wrong and Disney can do no right.

Some of the naysayers seem to wish for Disney failure just so they can say, "told ya so".

Carsland wouldn't have been my first thought for a new themed land for DCA, but then I'd have never built DCA to begin with, I'd have stuck with Westcot. My guess is if Frank Wells had lived, we'd have Westcot, not DCA.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

And distant #2...I mean I know you may not like it but don't state incorrect facts. The poll has always been (at least every time I ventured in here) within 5% of each other. Not quite a distant #2. Anyways, even though I voted for Carsland and would prefer to visit it, I am actually surprised Carsland has been so close in this race and is now ahead/tied with Harry Potter. Harry Potter has an unrivaled fan base. Guess people are really excited for Carsland. Or it's just the "DCA Militia" coming to skew the poll, haha oh lord really that's a term used for people who enjoy DCA? Well I guess in most every case, a poll will show skewed results based on wording, environment, participants, etc...
    Last edited by SoCalFan; 12-18-2011 at 06:39 PM.

• Banned User

I love it how we complain that Disney doesn't invest in their parks enough, and then when they invest 700 million into a 12 acre land with incredible attention to detail, the same people say they haven't the slightest interest in it. Too funny.

---------- Post added 12-18-2011 at 11:54 PM ----------

Last edited by DisneyMickey; 12-18-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Oh man. I really like Cars. (1) And really like the HP books.

even though I voted for WWOHP, I'd end up going to DCA and enjoy Carsland. I feel I'd feel very overwhelmed by the masses of huge HP fans just like I felt when I attended comic con.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

• will-o-the-whip

I voted WWoP. I think Carsland is going to be a lot of fun and look forward to it but the stories the land is based upon just don't have the emotional resonance of the HP books and movies. The HP narrative moved me and made me think, the Cars narrative made me chuckle a bit and entertained me for a couple of hours. That's a huge difference in why I would rather enter the world of Harry Potter over Carsland, if I could only go to one.

And I if had to pick one Pixar property for an entire land to be based upon, I would have picked Toy Story. And not create the cheap carnival-like land in Paris DHS or HKDL, but a $1 billion deluxe experience truly entering the world of the Toys. Why? The Toy Story movies moved me, I feel for the characters, heck, they even made me cry. Cars was not a bad choice for the land (the property does sell a lot of merchandise for Disney), but the stories and characters just don't move me in the same way HP or Toy Story does.

• Minion

I've never seen either of the Cars movies, and the attractions look like they'd be loads of fun. The ones at WWOHP look like they'd really only appeal to people who are into the HP books and movies.

Talking Re: If you could only visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter or Carsland?

The Wizarding World. Cars world is a very well done retread (pun) of the test track. But The Wizarding World is something very new.

• Hello

Never quite understood why people are so crazy about Harry Potter. It was a good movie, yes, and it was an even better book, but I just never got too obsessed with it. As for Cars, I know some people didn't enjoy it much, but I thought it was an excellent movie. That may be because of roadtrips and seeing places like Radiator Springs. I voted Carsland because of this ability to relate to Radiator Springs. Plus RSR is going to be awesome.

• Future Cast Member

CarsLand, hands down. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but I'm more than just a Disney fan. Disney rules my life, I absolutely love everything Disney, it's so much bigger than just being a fan of Harry Potter.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    Never quite understood why people are so crazy about Harry Potter. It was a good movie, yes, and it was an even better book, but I just never got too obsessed with it. As for Cars, I know some people didn't enjoy it much, but I thought it was an excellent movie. That may be because of roadtrips and seeing places like Radiator Springs. I voted Carsland because of this ability to relate to Radiator Springs. Plus RSR is going to be awesome.
    I'm not a fan of Harry Potter by any means. I read the first four books and saw the first two movies--that was it. But WWoHP is truly something amazing, even for a non-fan like me. The theming is extremely intricate and well-done and even if you can't appreciate the context of some of it (like me, I don't know the story behind half the stuff I'm looking at) it's still an amazing, immersive enviornment. I love the Cars movies, but a land based on them is just not as exciting to me as a land where with dragons and castles and wizards...and the ride is an amazing, innovative technological themed achievement and would apply to any fan of theme parks, which I'm guessing most people here are lol

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast