Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 1062
  1. #271

    • Hiding from the Sheeple
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    591

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    How so?
    They have gone down in both quality and quantity. A former manager who had a greater appreciation of wine (and had greater connections to wineries) really made everyone feel spoiled with the number of member dinners that were held each year. I won't carry on, I think my opinions are clear from previous posts.

    I feel at this point, most members have decided what they intend to do. Sadly, I think many are willing to take whatever they are offered as they fear it will improve the minute they refuse the renewal. As I said before, we will quickly learn if things are to improve or if this is only the start of price increases and reduced benefits.

  2. #272

    • Knight of Naughtyness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    +33° 48' 39.59", -117° 55' 16.54"
    Posts
    5,594

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    Disneynut, I hear you. I was mainly commenting on the post that insinuated that member events don't happen anymore (unless I read it wrong). I have been lucky enough to be a member's "+1" at a few events over the past few years, so I was intrigued by the comment. I don't know how often events are held, or what they used to be like, but I had a great time at the Lasseter Family Winery pairing dinner, as well as the Dean Jones dinner. boy33 chimed in with the "not like they used to" post, and I was curious how that has changed.
    -Osky

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

    The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

  3. #273

    • Hiding from the Sheeple
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    591

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    boy33 chimed in with the "not like they used to" post, and I was curious how that has changed.
    I would say that what has changed is the frequency of the dinners and the creative energy that is placed into their execution.

    Oktoberfest and similar offerings did not seem all that creative to me. Past events made you want to jump on the phone the minute reservations opened. Recent events did not seem to bring out the same reaction. On this, I am hesitant to slam the club, what appeals to me may not appeal to everyone so my interest in various events is more of a personal preference than the fact that they did something wrong.

    I would like to see more events and I think the membership needs to be coddled a little considering the recent changes.

  4. #274

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,171

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    Curious, did corporate members ever attend events or was is mostly just the individual members?

    And how does the overall membership breakdown between individual members vs corporate members?
    The Mur
    ______________________________________________
    Two different worlds.....we live in two different worlds

  5. #275

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut View Post
    As I said before, we will quickly learn if things are to improve or if this is only the start of price increases and reduced benefits.
    I don't think we will learn too quickly. The members have until March to renew, then once the ones don't renew, they have to send out invitations. Those invited have 30 days to accept. It will take a while to find out how this is going to play out.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  6. #276

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    phealn ca
    Posts
    1,531

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    club members bring a gust in to the secrate club
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

  7. #277

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Near the House of Mouse
    Posts
    5

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut View Post
    They have gone down in both quality and quantity. A former manager who had a greater appreciation of wine (and had greater connections to wineries) really made everyone feel spoiled with the number of member dinners that were held each year. I won't carry on, I think my opinions are clear from previous posts.
    I felt that **** got the short end of the stick when they transfered him out of Club 33 and that he did do a very good job taking care of the members and member dinners.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 01-10-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Removed Cast Member name, per MiceChat policy.

  8. #278

    • Hiding from the Sheeple
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    591

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
    I felt that **** got the short end of the stick when they transfered him out of Club 33 and that he did do a very good job taking care of the members and member dinners.
    I couldn't agree more!

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I don't think we will learn too quickly. The members have until March to renew, then once the ones don't renew, they have to send out invitations. Those invited have 30 days to accept. It will take a while to find out how this is going to play out.
    I don’t think I was clear with my words. I believe that within 6 months we will learn if the limit on guest admissions was created to add additional memberships. I truly believe that by this time next year we will see a mass exit of the membership (silver and gold members) who will once again be facing additional price increases and yet another slash in benefits. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 01-10-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Removed Cast Member name, per MiceChat policy.

  9. #279

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,171

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    Again really interested in knowing how many members that is? 150? 250? 350? The only number I have seen noted is total membership of 450. Am I wrong assuming that this incudes the corporate memberships?
    The Mur
    ______________________________________________
    Two different worlds.....we live in two different worlds

  10. #280

    •   
    • Astigmatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    In a sunbeam.
    Posts
    8,677
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    I don't think that the reduction in benefits is enough to drive many current members to give up their coveted spot. Especially when it means that regaining that spot in the future will cost them over twice as much. We'll probably see the same extremely low turnover as currently with the wait list being cleared of those that can't afford the new rates. The culling will probably take quite a while, though, since membership openings are few and far between.

    BTW, has the new initiation fee been confirmed? Is it $40k as mentioned previously in the thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

  11. #281

    • Knight of Naughtyness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    +33° 48' 39.59", -117° 55' 16.54"
    Posts
    5,594

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    BTW, has the new initiation fee been confirmed? Is it $40k as mentioned previously in the thread?
    It hasn't been, and I assume we won't know at least until the first new member invitations go out around March/April.
    -Osky

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

    The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

  12. #282

    • Hiding from the Sheeple
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    591

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    This is a number they prefer to keep secret, but last I heard it was around 500. I have no idea of the percentage but there are not many corporate memberships. Most of the corporate memberships that I am aware of are from mid-sized companies who are local to Southern California.

    It is not really easy to identify who has a corporate membership and who has an individual membership. I would assume that some of the people at member dinners may have something other than an individual membership but unless they were to identify themselves I wouldn't know the difference.

    I think people incorrectly assume that a corporate alliance with Disney via a Club 33 membership would be a huge perk for their customer base. Unless all of your customers are die-hard Disney fans it really does not mean much to outsiders. I threw a private party for my business and had a hard time getting 75 customers to show up. I ended up with a lot of friends who love Disneyland, but was low on customers who really felt it was worth the headache of going to a theme park for dinner and drinks.

    ---------- Post added 01-11-2012 at 04:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I don't think that the reduction in benefits is enough to drive many current members to give up their coveted spot. Especially when it means that regaining that spot in the future will cost them over twice as much. We'll probably see the same extremely low turnover as currently with the wait list being cleared of those that can't afford the new rates. The culling will probably take quite a while, though, since membership openings are few and far between.
    I agree with you that not many will leave this year. I believe that many members will complain only to then accept what I consider to be a substandard offer. Disney loves this attitude as it allows them to cheapen the offer year after year. For me personally, enough is enough. I gave up on the Walt's package for the 50th event but I was in the minority. Most were perfectly fine with receiving a fraction of what was promised for fear of missing out. My loyalty to Disney does not extend that far.

    I truly believe that this is only the start and next year we will see the exit of many who refuse to upgrade to a higher membership level.

  13. #283

    • Knight of Naughtyness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    +33° 48' 39.59", -117° 55' 16.54"
    Posts
    5,594

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    What Disneynut says is along the lines of what I have heard as well. It is my understanding that it was around 450 total memberships, and 1 wait list. If a corporate member failed to renew and next up on the wait list was an individual, then there would be a shift in the balance. When they sent out the wait list confirmation letters a few years back, they asked people to indicate individual or corporate. I know they now maintain two lists, and keep the two pools separate. However, they might still be doing some rebalancing until they get their ideal individual/corporate ratio. I also heard they increased the membership at that time to ~500. However, this is all unsubstantiated hearsay.
    -Osky

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

    The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

  14. #284

    •   
    • Astigmatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    In a sunbeam.
    Posts
    8,677
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    But there is no talk about Club 33 forcing Silver and Gold members to upgrade in the future. So, why would anyone leave who is grandfathered in? Do you believe that next year will see even more drastic cuts in benefits? How often can the Club increase dues for Silver and Gold members and at what percentage?
    I still think that most lower tier members will stay, no matter what the cuts, just to keep what so many people want; access to dinner at the Club.
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

  15. #285

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    What Disneynut says is along the lines of what I have heard as well. It is my understanding that it was around 450 total memberships, and 1 wait list. If a corporate member failed to renew and next up on the wait list was an individual, then there would be a shift in the balance. When they sent out the wait list confirmation letters a few years back, they asked people to indicate individual or corporate. I know they now maintain two lists, and keep the two pools separate. However, they might still be doing some rebalancing until they get their ideal individual/corporate ratio. I also heard they increased the membership at that time to ~500. However, this is all unsubstantiated hearsay.
    Actually, I was recently told regardless of what you indicated back in 2007, you were free too choose either a corporate or individual membership when your name came up. It is my understanding also that there are about 450 memberships between corporate and individual. I know there are some things that are not available to corporate members, that are available to individual. Last member had been on the waiting list since Jan 2003, it will be interesting to see how fast this moves.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Similar Threads

  1. Name changes for Busch parks...
    By TDLFAN in forum SeaWorld
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 10:08 AM
  2. New Changes For Snow White
    By DisneyFunGuy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 11:17 PM
  3. Animation Building Changes for DCA
    By JiminyCricketFan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 01:28 PM
  4. Club 33 - Down for Refurb?
    By tolowmoe in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 06:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •