Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253247 ... LastLast

Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

Well, since the thread was already bumped up. D23 is having an event with Dinner at the club. Anyone want to guess at how often we will see events like this with Disney offering Club 33 to the public?

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    Well, since the thread was already bumped up. D23 is having an event with Dinner at the club. Anyone want to guess at how often we will see events like this with Disney offering Club 33 to the public?
    We still haven't technically confirmed this.

Do you have any information we're not privy to?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    A ride on the Lilly Belle, a visit to Walt's apartment, a visit to the Dream Suite, and dining at Club 33, all for $250? I doubt it. When they do special dinners at the Club, dinner alone is rarely under $200 just for the dinner. So, I doubt that they would include the Apartment and dream suite for only $50. If it was $1000, maybe.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Hiding from the Sheeple

My sources tell me that it is indeed a meal at Club 33...all for the low price of $250.00. All I have to say is "I told you so"...exactly what I said in this thread is what is happening. Triple the price and less benefits and now it is not even exclusive to members and their guests.

• Rock Star Minion

So, are you out? Or are you going to keep giving your money?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Hiding from the Sheeple

No, I am not going to keep paying. Don't get me wrong, I still love Disney and I find great value in some of their offerings. I just booked a solid month on the Disney Cruise Line in Europe next year. As for Club 33, it no longer holds value for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut View Post
    My sources tell me that it is indeed a meal at Club 33...all for the low price of $250.00. All I have to say is "I told you so"...exactly what I said in this thread is what is happening. Triple the price and less benefits and now it is not even exclusive to members and their guests.
    The D23 event has this description about the included dinner:
    We will be meeting at 6 p.m. for a very special dinner (and drinks) inside one of the resortís most unique restaurants.
    D23′s Disneyland Off the Map

Onsale is tomorrow, and I will try to get tickets...

This D23 event would devalue a C33 membership, which contradicts the new increased dues.
    This does not make much sense.

• Minion

It would also mean they have devalued the price of the apartment and Dream Suite visit. The Candlelight deal of $1250 for the Candlelight, Apartment tour, adn dinner in DCA was a real rip off if they are offering all this for $250.

Also, this tour would need to be quite small, as the Club can really only handle about 65 guests.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    The D23 event has this description about the included dinner:

D23′s Disneyland Off the Map

Onsale is tomorrow, and I will try to get tickets...

This D23 event would devalue a C33 membership, which contradicts the new increased dues.
    This does not make much sense.
    Where is the part that states it is Club 33 where the dinner will be held?

---------- Post added 02-08-2012 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut View Post
    No, I am not going to keep paying. Don't get me wrong, I still love Disney and I find great value in some of their offerings. I just booked a solid month on the Disney Cruise Line in Europe next year. As for Club 33, it no longer holds value for me.
    No one will get you wrong. I think you're doing the right thing, based on the information you've provided in this thread.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Where is the part that states it is Club 33 where the dinner will be held?
    We will be meeting at 6 p.m. for a very special dinner (and drinks) inside one of the resortís most unique restaurants.
    Club 33 is not mentioned, however "with drinks" and "unique" limits the locations.
    On the other hand, the description says "resort's most unique restaurants" rather than "Disneyland's most unique restaurants"

• Hooterville, USA

Club 33 is not mentioned, however "with drinks" and "unique" limits the locations.
    On the other hand, the description says "resort's most unique restaurants" rather than "Disneyland's most unique restaurants"
    I'm not so sure it's club 33 either.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I'm not so sure it's club 33 either.
    I spoke to a couple of D23 Guest Relations representatives who both said it was a surprise and that they could not give any more information on it, so it's basically a gamble for someone like me who would have to fly down like this without any clarification =(

Cool Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

This D23 event would devalue a C33 membership, which contradicts the new increased dues. This does not make much sense.
    Out of curiosity I called C33 today and asked. The staffer I spoke with hadn't heard anything about a D23 event, but commented that as March is "off-season", C33 is normally closed for dinners Monday-Wednesdays. As March 6th is a Tuesday, they could conceivably do a special event that evening without compromising members' dinner reservation opportunities.

If this is a one-time event for a limited number of extremely high-paying people, I don't see that it would devalue C33 membership at all. Certainly no worse than all of the "unaccompanied guest" parties that members have freebied to their friends and clients [at $0 instead of $250].

I am just surprised that anyone would pay $250 apiece for this D23 event: a peek inside 2 apartments, a ride on the Lily Belle, and dinner. That's a whopping bill. Even the most exclusive member-only dinners at C33 usually cost "just" $150 apiece. I could see $250 for a dinner like this, but somehow I don't think that's what D23 has in mind.
    ______
    Rachane

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post

Out of curiosity I called C33 today and asked. The staffer I spoke with hadn't heard anything about a D23 event, but commented that as March is "off-season", C33 is normally closed for dinners Monday-Wednesdays. As March 6th is a Tuesday, they could conceivably do a special event that evening without compromising members' dinner reservation opportunities.

If this is a one-time event for a limited number of extremely high-paying people, I don't see that it would devalue C33 membership at all. Certainly no worse than all of the "unaccompanied guest" parties that members have freebied to their friends and clients [at $0 instead of $250].

I am just surprised that anyone would pay $250 apiece for this D23 event: a peek inside 2 apartments, a ride on the Lily Belle, and dinner. That's a whopping bill. Even the most exclusive member-only dinners at C33 usually cost "just" $150 apiece. I could see $250 for a dinner like this, but somehow I don't think that's what D23 has in mind.
    I'd be paying that $250 ON TOP of the $600 in travel costs, and I feel it would be worth it (if it is indeed Club 33), as I can't ever see getting the chance to tour the apartment and/or visit Club 33 again.

It's Club 33. Trust me.
    -boy33

Twitter: @boy33