Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 419262728293031323954 ... LastLast

Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

Well February 29 has come and gone. I wonder how many members are now former members? How many new invitations will go out?
    The Mur

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post
    Hence one of my recommendations to management is that it establish an official C33 website, which can not only put out current/accurate information about the Club [as even the best-intentioned unofficial sites don't], but also include a members-only forum area where proposed policy changes [among other things] can be discussed and optimized.
    If C33 members want an online forum for the free and open exchange of ideas and opinions about the Club, the last one you want running it is Disney. You would be guaranteed communication that is controlled and spin-doctored by a corporate hierarchy which views social media as the opposite of the open, honest communication that C33 members need and deserve.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 03-03-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Not to sidestep all the more weighty subjects being discussed here...but I just layed my eyes on my friend's new Club 33 Membership Card and I'm happy to say they've done away with the old "gift card" look and gone to an extremely simple card in the Club's old traditional colors of deep Royal Blue and Gold. The Club's "33" logo in gold on a matte royal blue background.

On the back, the card mentions it's good for admission to both parks for the cardholder only, plus parking, and also provides all Premium Annual Pass benefits.

He's a Gold Member. Don't know if Platinums and/or Silvers look any different.

It came to him postmarked from Las Vegas, of all places.

I like it. Looks classy.

Talking Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

My wife's & my recent Keystone Kops experience with the C33 card:

Until bumping into this MChat thread, I didn't know that a C33 perk was getting up to 6/day instant FastPasses. We were at Disneyland last week and decided to try this out. My assumption was that using our C33 cards for Park admission resulted in admission tickets that, when inserted into FP machines, would yield the instant FPs.

Didn't work that way: The second insert of the Park ticket produced the usual "too soon" finger-wag.

I said, "Try the C33 card itself." Bingo, out came an instant FP. While we were admiring it, the C33 card was still in the machine, and like Mickey's sorcerer's broomsticks, out came an obliging torrent of 5 more instant FPs before we yanked the card out.

These FPs were for the Tower of Terror, which we didn't feel like riding more than once just after breakfast. So five Park visitors we encountered were tickled to get immediate FPs to the Twilight Zone.

Lesson learned: Use the C33 card, but remove it immediately.
    ______
    Rachane

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post
    Lesson learned: Use the C33 card, but remove it immediately.
    Yep, and a friend has also said they need to wait a second to get the ticket as sometimes it takes the machine a couple seconds to register. Put it in a second time too soon, you get two instead of just one.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

The D23 Disneyland Off the Map Event did include dinner at Club 33.
    The prix fixe menu was good quality, similar to the $40 World of Color dinner at Wine Country Trattoria. Dining at Napa Rose is much better.

Now that the mystique of Club 33 has been lifted, it's like I saved $35,000

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    The D23 Disneyland Off the Map Event did include dinner at Club 33.
    The prix fixe menu was good quality, similar to the $40 World of Color dinner at Wine Country Trattoria. Dining at Napa Rose is much better.

Now that the mystique of Club 33 has been lifted, it's like I saved $35,000
    In regards to the logistics of the Off the Map event and Club 33, from what I heard, someone who works at D23 is a member of the club, and put this event together for D23 as a one time thing that was worked out with the club well in advance. (So this wasn't D23 just going to the club and negotiating for the event to take place, this was a member putting together a special event)

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    In regards to the logistics of the Off the Map event and Club 33, from what I heard, someone who works at D23 is a member of the club, and put this event together for D23 as a one time thing that was worked out with the club well in advance. (So this wasn't D23 just going to the club and negotiating for the event to take place, this was a member putting together a special event)
    I bolded one part that caught my eye. This goes against what D23 said as soon as the event sold out. As per their Facebook post on Feb 9th...

We're excited about the enthusiastic response for our Disneyland Off The Map event and appreciate your feedback. These special venues have limited capacity, and we are looking to repeat this event in the future to accommodate more guests. Thanks for your understanding.
    Not trying say that your information is untrue or anything, Im just pointing out what D23 has publicly stated.

• Senior Minion

^ Exactly right. With 70 customers per night at $250 a head, you can be certain this will be a minimum once-a-week event, if not twice a week (with the excuse of "it's only on days that C33 is closed"). Disney isn't about to pass up an opportunity to gross close to $2 million a year on this "special event," especially when the only cost to them is the salaries of a small number of not-highly-paid employees for a few hours a week.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Another thing just popped into my head. If a D23 staffer was indeed a member and arranged this, does this mean now that any member can book the club out on days when the club is normally closed and sell tickets to attend for profit? If not, why could the D23 staffer do it.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    Another thing just popped into my head. If a D23 staffer was indeed a member and arranged this, does this mean now that any member can book the club out on days when the club is normally closed and sell tickets to attend for profit? If not, why could the D23 staffer do it.
    I would assume because it was brought to Club 33 as a one time event.

In regards to the Off the Map event being offered again, even if it is, who's to say that they won't just change the restaurant and/or offer lunch instead (at a different restaurant). (Or just drop the dinner and make the tours the main part of the event, while still charging the same fee of course)

• Hiding from the Sheeple

I've looked into this and this explanation does not hold water. Simply put, other divisions at Disney now have access to all things that were once under the exclusive control of specific departments within Disneyland (Walt's Main Street apartment, Club 33, event and parade seating, etc.).

A "member" who just happens to be employed by Disney makes a "reservation" for a large group of people and then "gives" or conveys this reservation as part of a larger experience which is then sold for profit only to have the net proceeds gobbled up by another division of Disney?!?!

I have said it many times before...the days of the coddled member are over. Disney fully intends to rid themselves of the membership base that has grown accustomed to (and rightfully so) being treated well and catered to in an exclusive fashion. They will now fill the ranks with people who are desperate for some sort of perceived status when in reality all they get are watered down "benefits" that are available to anyone.

You will quickly see the "club" now closed for a ton of special events and tours that will include Club 33 as one of the menu items in order to bring in the tourist who is not a California resident. Under the new system the alleged D23 staffer would be paying for a huge amount of passes for his guests (paid customers) and I know that his/her salary would not come close to covering such an expenditure.

I am constantly amused by these events where an angry member calls the same person at the club (per MiceChat policy we are not allowed to name them) only to be Jedi-mind-tricked with an explanation that upon reflection does not make any sense. Not being aware that Disney would ever put their spin on something, the member goes away with a warm and fuzzy feeling that the club is still looking out for its members while the management of Club 33 lives on to continue this type of fleecing.

Like many other items within the Disney family, Club 33 can now be used by any division of the company assuming it has the ability to bring in some sort of profit.

Well fellow members it is now getting easier to see. Disney has never had our best interests in mind when reducing our benifates. It has never been to make Club 33 more exclusive. It's is to reduse our usage to make more avalibity for their non member events. Yes that is right they are holding non member events. Something like the Off The Map Tour, if you ask me they are charging for reservations and making it look like a tour charge. You know where we would be if we attempted that right? Loss of membership. I am getting discouraged with Disney, perhaps that it their plan.

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    Well thats weird, going to have to tell my grandfather that his bill is going up next year, but he will be pleased that he can go to both DCA and DL clubs.
    Your grandfather is a member?!? Oh mann, if you guys are willing to get me and my girlfriend in I can seriously pay you guys $1,500 cash right now!! We've been wanting to go but you can only go in if you know a member! If you can let me know I am soo serious about this! please please pleease!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I would assume because it was brought to Club 33 as a one time event.

In regards to the Off the Map event being offered again, even if it is, who's to say that they won't just change the restaurant and/or offer lunch instead (at a different restaurant). (Or just drop the dinner and make the tours the main part of the event, while still charging the same fee of course)
    Because they've now set a precedent. Hence forth, anyone else booking the same tour is going to expect to be treated to the same level of experience, including a meal at the famous Club 33. If they keep the same price point, future guests are going to expect (demand) the same experience that they gave to the first group. Even if they lowered the price (not bloody likely) not even a trip to Steakhouse 55 would compare to a meal at Club 33 because of the history and mystique of it.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.