Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

if one looked at how many tickets they could give away as a way to balance/justify the cost of the annual dues... I can see how they might be looking for a way to stem that.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    if one looked at how many tickets they could give away as a way to balance/justify the cost of the annual dues... I can see how they might be looking for a way to stem that.
    Club members don't just give away tickets. Every time a club member makes a reservation for a guest they take a risk. If they make a reservation for a party of 4, and those for collect their park hopper tickets, though don't eat at the club. The member is charged for it.

I guess I am not understanding this. If you are invited by a guest but already have an AP (or a ticket), this doesn't count towards their allotment of 50 passes? I was always under the assumption that if you already had a ticket you minimum bill would still be the price of a single day single park ticket. Is that still correct, or is it now just 50 guests, period?

Getting back to the original subject matter of this thread, it should be pointed out that once a member has gone through their allotted 50 passes per year for guests, that they will be able to purchase park tickets for additional guests at 20% off the ticket price. I would assume that this cost would be borne by the guest, but I'm not sure how that would work or whether that has been decided by WDP&R-US, Inc - the new owners of Club 33.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by m4travel View Post
    Getting back to the original subject matter of this thread, it should be pointed out that once a member has gone through their allotted 50 passes per year for guests, that they will be able to purchase park tickets for additional guests at 20% off the ticket price. I would assume that this cost would be borne by the guest, but I'm not sure how that would work or whether that has been decided by WDP&R-US, Inc - the new owners of Club 33.
    Wait, so Club 33 isn't owned by Disney? WDP&R-US..what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    I guess I am not understanding this. If you are invited by a guest but already have an AP (or a ticket), this doesn't count towards their allotment of 50 passes? I was always under the assumption that if you already had a ticket you minimum bill would still be the price of a single day single park ticket. Is that still correct, or is it now just 50 guests, period?
    If you are invited as a guest, but already have an AP/ticket, there is no need for one of the comp passes - so it doesn't count against the member's allotment. The minimum cost of all meals (guest or member) does not change, as I understand it. While set at the cost of a single-park, single-day ticket, the comp passes are (or, at least have been) for single-day parkhoppers. Haven't heard what the limited-in-number comp passes will allow for admittance.

• Minion

The changes to the membership are pretty drastic, and I know there are several members pretty upset. The sign in is one big hurdle. There have been signs corporate would be taking over the club for the last year. Now, the dinner for Candlelight was INCREDIBLE. It was very impressive. And the members there all commented it was the best event of the year. And they had hoped it was a new beginning. Little did they know.

And freedom of speech doesn't mean a person can come into my home or business and say anything they want. It simply says the government cannot make a law prohibiting our ability to complain in public. It doesn't mean businesses have to post/listen and they can trespass a person as it is "private property". This is not the public, despite appearing to be. It is private property of the owners of Miceage.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Moderator Warning:

Ladies and Gentlemen..... there has already been one warning posted in this thread about keeping on topic. Do NOT bring up any issues related to how people who can afford to be members should be spending that money on more important things, or any other conversation about anything other than the specifics of the changes to the program. Any further violations of the rules of this site or of ignoring the warnings of the moderating staff will result in consequences, not the least of which this entire thread WILL be locked.

We want to keep MiceChat a friendly place, but when people start to use the forum for their own personal agenda, and when they start to attack a section of society because of the status that that section may have, we have to draw a line in order to keep the conversation level and non threatening.

Please remember too, that MiceChat is a privately owned site. All sites have their own specific rules, laid down by the owners of the site. Everyone of us is here because of the generosity of those owners, who reserve the right at any time to enforce the rules.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Simba, no need to apologize. I did not take any commentary personally. I understand you have an opinion and want to express how you feel. To get back on track, what I think is going on with Club 33 is going on in most of society. They are taking things we have grown accustomed to and now stripping it down to the bare bones and then charging double or triple the price for less. Look at the airlines...I believe that this will have negative consequences and there will be a mass exit of the membership. After installing a revolving door in place of the green one to accommodate all of the new members coming and then leaving after only a single year, they will have to correct these mistakes. It took them almost a decade to understand the flaws in California Adventure, I don't think this will be corrected anytime soon.
    Last edited by Disneynut; 12-17-2011 at 07:00 AM.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut View Post
    ...what I think is going on with Club 33 is going on in most of society. They are taking things we have grown accustomed to and now stripping it down to the bare bones and then charging double or triple the price for less. Look at the airlines...I believe that this will have negative consequences and there will be a mass exit of the membership. After a installing a revolving door in place of the green one to accommodate all of the new members coming and then leaving after only a single year, they will have to correct these mistakes. It took them almost a decade to understand the flaws in California Adventure, I don't think this will be corrected anytime soon.
    Bingo. For a corporation with such strong earnings growth, putting the squeeze on a tradition like Club 33 is typical of Disney's short-sighted management.

The additional cash flow it creates won't make a mouse dropping's worth of difference in the next profit statement.

The bad publicity it generates will be priceless.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 12-17-2011 at 03:32 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Wait, so Club 33 isn't owned by Disney? WDP&R-US..what is that?
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts - US division.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

My understanding of the changes is that is no longer under the control of the Foods Department at Disneyland and is now managed by the much larger Parks and Resorts Division.

• Minion

My understanding of the changes is that is no longer under the control of the Foods Department at Disneyland and is now managed by the much larger Parks and Resorts Division.
    Yes, it isn't so much who owns it that is bothering members, but who will be managing it.

I think it is a sad day when the benefits of a D23 membership clearly outweigh membership in Club 33.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
    There are additional as-yet undisclosed here significant perks associated with a Platinum membership that absolutely will make it very palatable to many members. Let's not get on the hate wagon and ridicule people for accepting a product offered by Disneyland at a certain price.
    That's my understanding as well. I'm told second hand that there are some significant perks being added to the Platinum membership which have not yet been disclosed. I'm dying to find that information out. Despite the fact that I'm a CM, Club 33 info is not openly distributed. In fact, access to C33 info is so exclusive, the contact number to Club 33 isn't even in our cast member reference guides (all the other resort phone numbers are listed).
    Yes. It's simply an operational change on the inside. To C33 guests and CM's who work at C33, it doesn't make any difference. They biggest issue is to whom the liquor license is issued. It's no longer issued to DL Food & Beverage, but is issued to WDPR.
    Last edited by RiversOfAmerica; 12-17-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast