Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 520272829303132334055 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by rprojas6 View Post
    Your grandfather is a member?!? Oh mann, if you guys are willing to get me and my girlfriend in I can seriously pay you guys $1,500 cash right now!! We've been wanting to go but you can only go in if you know a member! If you can let me know I am soo serious about this! please please pleease!
    You do know a member who accepts a payment like this will lose their membership?
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    You do know a member who accepts a payment like this will lose their membership?
    And no member would risk this privilege on a total and complete stranger, for any amount of money. Its just not worth it. Members are responsible for their guests, and I don't think any of them would let someone in they don't even know and put their membership on the line like that. Sorry, but you will have to find a legit way to get into the club.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I haven't read this whole thread. But I just thought that the big difference between the membership level is not that extreme. Many members of Club 33 aren't struggling through life. $10,000 I doubt is going to put them down.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    I haven't read this whole thread. But I just thought that the big difference between the membership level is not that extreme. Many members of Club 33 aren't struggling through life. $10,000 I doubt is going to put them down.
    Many of the members are older, former Disney related employees. An example is Lucille Martin, Walt's former secretary. There are a few others. Club 33 Gold members paid $3600 (or there abouts) last year. And the benefits have been cut back for them. The members I know are not happy about this, they feel Disney has taken the "Disney feel" out of the club.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I don't disagree. I recently was able to go and the system has been changed completely. I don't feel the food in the warrants the price. I've been wanting to go since I was a kid and was lucky enough now to go twice; it's overpriced food; over hyped. The drinks are cheap though. =)

• Hiding from the Sheeple

It has been very quiet in this thread lately. Everything that I pointed in the previous months is slowly coming to fruition. The "Disneyland Off the Map" tour took place on March 6th and many argued that the included dining experience was not Club 33. As always, any knowledge of this event was denied by our favorite Club 33 cast member (not allowed to name her) and yet like everything else told to us, this was false. D23 posted a nice review of the day here;

D23′s Disneyland Off the Map Recap « Disney D23

I can't speak for others, but I find it insulting that they reduced benefits because of alleged member abuse only to raise annual dues and yet Disney has no problems selling access to the club at rock bottom prices to D23 members.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut View Post
    It has been very quiet in this thread lately. Everything that I pointed in the previous months is slowly coming to fruition.
    I wouldn't say "everything." As far as I am concerned, the last two member events have been awesome, with the last one (PotC 40th) being one of the best ever. They have certainly raised the bar and gone well beyond any other member event in recent memory.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• Minion

It has been very quiet in this thread lately. Everything that I pointed in the previous months is slowly coming to fruition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    I wouldn't say "everything." As far as I am concerned, the last two member events have been awesome, with the last one (PotC 40th) being one of the best ever. They have certainly raised the bar and gone well beyond any other member event in recent memory.
    I would have to agree. It is April, and the list hasn't moved. (Burning through it in March was a prediction...)

The folks I know that attended the latest events were quite pleased. I am under the impression that few (if any) actually upgraded to Platinum. The Club does seem to have fewer reservations. I know a few members have said "I'm not putting anyone in." I was there for dinner in late Feb, and was very surprised there were open tables.

I am unsure how it will play out with the previous manager having departed, and I am hoping they fill the position with the person who is doing the job in the interim. This will probably be a big deal if they bring someone in from the outside.

I would have to agree. It is April, and the list hasn't moved. (Burning through it in March was a prediction...)
    Don't be fooled. They have yet to touch the wait list. According to the CM I spoke with, the new membership changes are 'still with legal.' The revised timeframe for new members being admitted at the outrageous rates was 'May or June.'

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And no member would risk this privilege on a total and complete stranger, for any amount of money. Its just not worth it. Members are responsible for their guests, and I don't think any of them would let someone in they don't even know and put their membership on the line like that. Sorry, but you will have to find a legit way to get into the club.
    Anyone else getting PMs?

---------- Post added 04-22-2012 at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MouseNuts View Post
    Don't be fooled. They have yet to touch the wait list. According to the CM I spoke with, the new membership changes are 'still with legal.' The revised timeframe for new members being admitted at the outrageous rates was 'May or June.'
    So, you are saying they are going to be opening new memberships? When a membership becomes available, they send out an offer to the next person on the list. That person has 30 days to respond. If 3 people quit this year, they would send out 3 invites, when those aren't accepted, new invites will be sent. Unless they open a couple hundred memberships, they won't be burning through the list anytime soon. Any members that quit this year, the first round of letters would have gone out a couple weeks ago.

• Hooterville, USA

Anyone else getting PMs?

Yep

Malcon10t, clear some of your PM space.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Yep

Malcon10t, clear some of your PM space.
    Cleared.

• "Always On The Move..."

Anyone else getting PMs?

Yes, I received one asking me to get them reservations. I'm not even a member.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Hiding from the Sheeple

So, you are saying they are going to be opening new memberships? When a membership becomes available, they send out an offer to the next person on the list. That person has 30 days to respond. If 3 people quit this year, they would send out 3 invites, when those aren't accepted, new invites will be sent. Unless they open a couple hundred memberships, they won't be burning through the list anytime soon. Any members that quit this year, the first round of letters would have gone out a couple weeks ago.
    Offers for new memberships will be coming shortly and will be around the same time as they open the new club in DCA. From what I understand, two people accepted the upgrade. My understanding is they will allow a tour of the new facility to any prospective members. Trust me when I say that they don't intend to let that new space sit empty. Offers for membership will not be restricted to the number of members who did not renew this year. The timeframes may have slightly changed, but they are only part way through their overall plan.

I have no doubt the club will be once again booked solid if they find enough new members willing to pay the high price of admission. I do hope that the improvement in service and member events will remain high for those members who decided to stay. I think the exit of the last manager was a great start to improving the both the member and guest experience.
    Last edited by Disneynut; 04-22-2012 at 04:07 PM.

• Minion

Offers for membership will not be restricted to the number of members who did not renew this year. The timeframes may have slightly changed, but they are only part way through their overall plan.
    So, how many new memberships do you believe they will be offering? And will the memberships be prorated since they are waiting?
    I think the exit of the last manager was a great start to improving the both the member and guest experience.
    That appears to be the opinion of most of the membership. Again, I am hoping (and I believe my friends who are members agree) they offer the interim manager the position.