Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 621282930313233344156 ... LastLast

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    So, how many new memberships do you believe they will be offering? And will the memberships be prorated since they are waiting?
    That appears to be the opinion of most of the membership. Again, I am hoping (and I believe my friends who are members agree) they offer the interim manager the position.
    From what I know, the number of new memberships will be based on demand. If there were to a be a large demand at the new rates, they would start to phase out Silver memberships in the coming year. Personally, I don't believe the demand is there.

I have not heard how they will charge based on the fact that some time has already passed in the new membership year. What I pointed out earlier in this thread is that they anticipated a much larger demand for the new club space in DCA from existing members. I think they will have to go back to the drawing board again when they see that the demand is not there even with those on the waitlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut View Post
    From what I know, the number of new memberships will be based on demand. If there were to a be a large demand at the new rates, they would start to phase out Silver memberships in the coming year. Personally, I don't believe the demand is there.
    As a waitlister I was told that a significant number of new memberships would be offered but no specific number was given when I pressed on the topic. The explanation of why they could accommodate the new influx of members was not due to attrition or upgrades. The CM told me with the new restrictions on comp'ed passed they expected the C33 dining reservations (referred to as 'being abused' by some members) to dwindle and therefore create 'room' for many new members to enjoy the club.

As far as demand, I don't believe it is there either, definitely not in my case. They won't be able to confirm that though until they start offering this soon to be over priced, diluted experience to the (albeit very large) wait list.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MouseNuts View Post
    As a waitlister I was told that a significant number of new memberships would be offered but no specific number was given when I pressed on the topic.
    It is interesting how 2 people, asking essentially the same question, to the same people, get very different answers. But I think that is true often at Disney with "issues"...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseNuts View Post
    As a waitlister I was told that a significant number of new memberships would be offered but no specific number was given when I pressed on the topic. The explanation of why they could accommodate the new influx of members was not due to attrition or upgrades. The CM told me with the new restrictions on comp'ed passed they expected the C33 dining reservations (referred to as 'being abused' by some members) to dwindle and therefore create 'room' for many new members to enjoy the club.
    What a double standard....The membership was "abusing" a rule that did not exist and this gave rise to the reason to reduce benefits. It was sold to everyone that the changes would actually benefit members in that they could obtain a reservation whenever they wanted. Now that the club is empty, they need to fill this space with new memberships...exactly what I said would happen all along.

I am amazed at how everyone continues to be fooled by these ridiculous statements and obvious lies. Disney makes changes because they benefit the company, not the guest.

All I have to say to everyone is "I told you so"...

Exclusive Club 33 at Disneyland Resort Invites New Members « Disney Parks Blog

New Club 33 members will now enjoy exclusive sneak peeks at park enhancements and new attractions, and the availability to use VIP tour guides, itinerary planning services, valet parking and complimentary hotel upgrades – it will be like having your own Disney concierge service! New membership will also include access to 1901, a special lounge inside the new Carthay Circle Theatre opening at Disney California Adventure park on June 15. Wečll have more information on 1901 later today on the Disney Parks Blog, so check back!

This opportunity will initially be offered to those individuals who have been on the Club 33 waiting list. As interest and capacity are evaluated, those not currently on the waiting list may be offered opportunities to join. Those interested in Club 33 membership may request more information by sending an email to [email protected].
    The proof is out. Where do I line up for all my free churros and corn dogs that were promised to me.

Funny how they would need to advertise with so many on the waitlist. Sorry Silver members, your days are limited. Gold members are not far behind.

• Timelord

Wow, I can't believe it. It's still out of my price range, so I'm happy I went with the Off the Map event, but I really can't believe it. You were on the money Disneynut.

The funny thing about the 1901 lounge is that it doesn't look much classier than the Teddy Roosevelt lounge at TDS, yet one is public and the other is a paid membership.
    Last edited by isny; 05-04-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Funny how they would need to advertise with so many on the waitlist. Sorry Silver members, your days are limited. Gold members are not far behind.
    Funny that you, of all people, would ask about the need to advertise. The features of Platinum Membership are targeted at a new clientele, so some advertising is needed.

Guests at the Grand California who book the $5000 suites, would likely be willing to pay $10000 dues. Disney should start direct marketing to the high end Grand Californian guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    Funny that you, of all people, would ask about the need to advertise. The features of Platinum Membership are targeted at a new clientele, so some advertising is needed.
    My statement was dripping with sarcasm. The fact they are advertising is evidence that they expect to quickly run through the names on that guest list with very few of the waitlisters accepting. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, at some point tours for prospective members will begin much like a timeshare presentation (and this is not sarcasm, but the truth).

• Senior Minion

All I have to say to everyone is "I told you so"...
    For those who've grown familiar over the years with Disney's business philosophy and methods, it's no surprise.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    Wow, I can't believe it. It's still out of my price range, so I'm happy I went with the Off the Map event, but I really can't believe it. You were on the money Disneynut.

The funny thing about the 1901 lounge is that it doesn't look much classier than the Teddy Roosevelt lounge at TDS, yet one is public and the other is a paid membership.
    Funny you said that, I love the TS Lounge at TDS. Probably my favorite lounge to relax and enjoy a cocktail. I had thought how I had wish it was closer to that, when I observed the photos.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

My statement was dripping with sarcasm.
    Sorry, I'm a little slow sometimes.

The fact they are advertising is evidence that they expect to quickly run through the names on that guest list with very few of the waitlisters accepting.
    I'm expecting a fancy membership offer to arrive any day now...

...As I mentioned a few weeks ago, at some point tours for prospective members will begin much like a timeshare presentation (and this is not sarcasm, but the truth).
    Speaking of timeshares, holders of large numbers of VGC points might want to be Platinum members.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Nothing say's upscale, private club to me like another corporate blog post. Part of the allure of Club 33 was that it was "secret." That is not exactly the case when the same corporate blog that pushes the latest pins is out hawking your "exclusive" club.

That this is on the DisneyParksź Blog just makes me think that Club 33 as a real club is essentially dead. The "foamers" who will pay the new dues will get their access and the rest will be sold off bit by bit to the rest who will overpay for a dining experience that will in all likelihood decrease in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Nothing say's upscale, private club to me like another corporate blog post. Part of the allure of Club 33 was that it was "secret." That is not exactly the case when the same corporate blog that pushes the latest pins is out hawking your "exclusive" club..
    Let's not overlook the television spot (link was posted above by Nonsuch, post #456) where they are whoring themselves out to the public via a fake news story that is nothing more than a commercial for membership
    Last edited by Disneynut; 05-04-2012 at 08:12 PM.