Page 50 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25404748495051525360 ... LastLast

Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by TigTug
    I also don't want to get in trouble and jeopardize yours Or My own membership....
    I'm afraid you possibly just did. I'm fairly certain ***** or any other on the Club's management team wouldn't think as highly of a potential Member who was out there publiclly chumming the fan boards for a reservation. That's just my opinion.

If I were you, I'd be hoping they don't read MiceChat or don't otherwise catch wind of it. Because what you're asking a Member to do for you, is pretty much what I don't think they want Members doing.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 05-28-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Cast Member name removed, per MiceChat policy.

Alright, here is an example of what you'll pay at The Smoke House in Burbank. This restaurant is directly across the street from Warner Bros. Studios and down the street from The Walt Disney Studio.
    You'll see staff from both studios here very frequently as well as a large number of A-list actors. There's a reason. It's reasonable! Sure, you can't eat here everyday, it's not that cheap, but wow, for a weekend repast, this place is simply fantastic. Walt ate here too, pretty frequently I might add. He also enjoyed Tam O'Shanter, another high-end, nicely priced restaurant owned by Lawry's.
    Why did I post this? Some of you will be upset at me, that's OK. I'm making a point that paying approx. $54.00 per person for Chateau is asinine. The ability to have our guests receive comp'd passes into the park most certainly justified paying far too much for a meal which would be 1/2 to 1/3 the price at most five star restaurants.
    Now, save your breath, don't lay that 'no one comes here for cheap food' because if that's what you're thinking, you're way off base and should probably go sit at the kiddie table because you're not capable of keeping up with the conversation.
    And don't you dare say that 'people who can't afford the prices shouldn't eat here.' If that is your attitude, then you're a priggish snob and should be beaten over the head with a Scrooge McDuck plushy!
    No, I don't own The Smoke House and I'm plugging the place, I'm just sitting here and I'm kinda hungry and prime rib came to mind! You know where I'll be this weekend!
    OK, here we go!

Dinner Menu

Reservations: 818-845-3731

>< 123456789101112
    Stop
    Great Beginings

The World's Greatest Garlic Bread

Cheese Bread also available without garlic.
    Half Order $3.95 Full Order $5.95

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail

Jumbo Shrimp served chilled with Cocktail Sauce and Lemon. $12.95

Smoke House Baby Back Ribs

Lean Baby Backs cooked slowly, in the Smoke House tradition. $14.95

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms

Stuffed with Crab, topped with sauce Béarnaise $12.95

Buffalo Wings

Accompanied with Celery, Carrots and Ranch Dressing. $9.95

Fresh Fried Calamari

Golden Brown served with Sweet Chili Sauce $10.95

Grilled Artichoke

California Artichoke steamed, then grilled and served with our own Aioli and Balsamic Vinaigrette $9.95

Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Served with Tortilla Chips or Artisian Bread. $8.95

Combination Appetizer Plate

Artichoke, Baby Back Ribs, Fried Calamari and Buffalo Wings. $15.95

SIGNATURE SOUPS

Clam Chowder

Cup 3.95 Bowl 5.95

French Onion (Friday - Sunday)

Cup 3.95 Bowl 5.95

Soup du Jour (Monday - Thursday)

Cup 3.95 Bowl 5.95

CLASSIC SALADS

The Wedge

Iceberg Wedge topped with Bleu Cheese, Bacon Bits, Tomato and Red Onion. $7.95

Dinner Salad

Classic salad with Cucumber, Carrots, Tomato, Onions, Grated Cheese and Croutons. choice of dressing. $6.95

Caesar Salad

Crisp Romaine Lettuce, Cheese, Croutons ,tossed with our own Caesar Dressing. $8.95
    ...with chicken. $15.95
    ...with blackened salmon. $16.95
    ...with jumbo shrimp. $18.95

Stuffed Avocado Salad

Ripe Hass Avocado stuffed with Crab and Shrimp Salad. Served over Baby Greens. $13.95

California Salad

Grilled Chicken, Vanilla Scented Pears, Bleu Cheese, and California Caramelized Walnuts over Baby Greens. Tossed in Balsamic Vinaigrette. $16.95

Cobb Salad

Chopped Chicken Breast, Avocado, Tomatoes, Bacon Bits, Ripe Olives, Crumbled Blue Cheese and Diced Eggs. Served over mixed Greens. $15.95

Oriental Chicken Salad

Grilled Chicken, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Cashews and Crispy noodles . Served over Lettuce/cabagge with a sesame dressing. $ 16.95

Greek Salad

Crisp iceberg lettuce, Tomato, Kalamata olives, Cucumbers, Onion, Roasted Red Peppers, Feta Cheese with House Vinaigrette. $15.95

Steak and Arugula Salad

Sliced Flat Iron steak served over Arugula Greens tossed with Balsamic Vinaigrette and Bleu Cheese. $17.95

Smoke House Trio

A sampler of the Steak and Arugula Salad, California Salad and Shrimp Caesar Salads. $17.95

Seafood Louie

Crab Meat and Large shrimp placed over Crisp Greens, Bell Peppers, Egg and Olives. Russian Dressing. $ 19.95

Signature Sandwiches

All sandwiches served with your choice of our homemade chips/french fries, fresh fruit or coleslaw. Add soup or salad $3.95
    (Caesar and Roquefort $2.00 extra.)

The SmokeHouse Prime Rib Sandwich

Prime Rib served open face on toasted french bread with au jus, crisp onions and creamy horseradish. $18.95

Barbequed Tri-Tip Sandwich

The best in the west! Tender BBQ tri-tip served on an artesian roll. $17.95

French Dip

Thinly sliced roast beef with homemade au jus and creamy horeseradish on the side. $12.95

Smoke House Filet Cheeseburger

Freshly grounded filet charbroiled. Served on a sesame seed roll served with lettuce, tomato, onion and 1000 island dressing, (add bacon 2.00 extra). $13.95

California Wrap

Grilled chicken breast, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and bleu cheese wrapped in a spinach and herb wrap. Served with fresh fruit and Chipotle ranch. $12.95

Blackened Chicken and Avocado Sandwich

Blackened chicken breast, avocado, lettuce, tomato and onions served on artisian bread with homemade chipotle spread. $14.95

AGED BEEF

Serving the finest Midwestern corn-fed beef. Cut in our own butcher shop. Add a soup or salad $3.95
    (Caesar and Roquefort $2.00 extra.)

The Smoke House Prime Rib

A Smoke House Specialty since 1946! The finest aged beef, slow roasted, served with horseradish.
    Regular cut $23.95
    Smoke House cut $27.95
    King cut $32.95

Chateaubriand for Two

A Smoke House classic, carved at your table. $29.95 per person

Filet Mignon

“The king of steaks” The most tender and lean.
    Smoke House cut $27.95 King cut $37.95

The Porterhouse Steak

Jumbo T-bone with tender filet and New York strip. $32.95

Bone In New York Steak

Choice of Four Peppercorn sauce or Jack Daniel demi glaze. $29.95

Rib Eye Steak

Charbroiled rib-eye steak with great flavor. $28.95

Flat Iron Steak

Specially aged and cut in our own butcher shop. $24.95

Chopped Beef Steak

Chopped Tenderloin Charbroiled topped with Sautéed Onions and Mushrooms. $16.95
    (Topped with Bleu Cheese add $2.00)

Customize your Entrée.

Add:
    Shrimp Scampi $9.95
    Crab Legs *Market price
    Lobster Tail *Market price
    Add soup or salad $3.95
    (Caesar&Roquefort $2.00 Extra)

POULTRY&FRESH SEAFOOD

Chicken Picatta

Tender chicken breast sautéed with lemon, mushrooms, capers and wine. $19.95

Chicken Teriyaki

Boneless chicken breast grilled, topped with grilled pineapple and Teriyaki sauce. $19.95

Chicken Buena Vista

Boneless chicken breast sauteed with mushrooms, artichokes, lemon, garlic and wine. $19.95

Lobster Tail

Succulent lobster steamed to perfection. Served with drawn butter. *Market price

Famous Halibut Fish and Chips

Fresh Alaskan halibut, fried golden brown. Served with Chips plus one famous side tartar sauce. $19.95

Shrimp Scampi

Large white Mexican shrimp sautéed with fresh garlic butter Italian style. $25.95

Stuffed Salmon

Northern salmon filet stuffed with crab and spinach. Topped with sauce Béarnaise. $25.95

Fresh Fish of the Day

Your Server will describe today’s selection. *Market price

FAMOUS BBQ SINCE 1946

Barbequed Baby Back Ribs

Hickory smoked then glazed with our own BBQ sauce and grilled to perfection.
    Full Rack $24.95 ½ Rack $19.95

Barbequed Tri-Tip

Grilled tender tri-tip glazed with our own BBQ sauce. $18.95

Barbequed Chicken

½ Chicken glazed w/ BBQ sauce and then grilled. $ 15.95

Barbequed Shrimp

Large Mexican shrimp glazed with homemade BBQ sauce and grilled. $19.95

Barbequed Combination

Choose two of the above $19.95 Choose Three $24.95

SMOKEHOUSE SPECIALTIES

Rack of Lamb

Roasted to Perfection, Served with Mint Jelly. Choice of two sides. *Market price.

Tournedos of Beef

Sautéed in cabernet wine, topped with mushroom caps and sauce Béarnaise. Choice of two sides. $28.95

Steak Sinatra

Tender pieces of filet mignon sautéed with tomatoes, sweet onions, tricolor peppers, and mushrooms. Served over Italian linguini. Served ala carte. $19.95

Beef Stroganoff

Tender cuts of beef sautéed with wine, mushrooms, onions, tossed with tender butter noodles. Served ala carte. $19.95

Filet and Shrimp Kabob

Tender filet, jumbo shrimp, onion, bell pepper, tomato grilled and served over rice plus one side. $24.95

Seafood Trio

Jumbo shrimp scampi, grilled salmon and catch of the day. Choice of two sides. $24.95

VEGETARIAN DISHES

Pasta Primavera

Seasonal vegetables sautéed and tossed with our own pasta marinara. Served ala carte. $16.95

Steamed Vegetable Plate

Seasonal veggies steamed and served with our own Béarnaise sauce. Served ala carte. $16.95

Fresh Fruit Platter

Seasonal fruit served with a side of cottage cheese or house sorbet. $15.95

Vegetarian Wrap

Grilled vegetables, Avocado, Spinach, Feta Cheese, and Tomato. Wrapped in a Spinach wrap. Served with fruit or fries or cottage cheese. $ 12.95
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 05-28-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Hotlinked images

Quote Originally Posted by David A View Post
    ...I'm making a point that paying approx. $54.00 per person for Chateau is asinine...
    Carthay Circle prices are similar, Grilled Rib-eye is $41.
    Carthay does include WOC preferred dining passes.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TigTug View Post
    I also don't want to get in trouble and jeopardize yours
    Or My own membership.... Sioux told me that she was trying to
    Find My 1996 application ... And of course apologetically explain
    they can't do anything YET.....
    The last members to join prior to this round of invitations were from Jan of 2003. I hope you have a copy of your application and the responses from the 2007 request to stay on the list. Did you never check on your application after all those years?
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• ***PIXIEDUSTER***

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    I'm afraid you possibly just did. I'm fairly certain ***** or any other on the Club's management team wouldn't think as highly of a potential Member who was out there publiclly chumming the fan boards for a reservation. That's just my opinion.

If I were you, I'd be hoping they don't read MiceChat or don't otherwise catch wind of it. Because what you're asking a Member to do for you, is pretty much what I don't think they want Members doing.
    MALCON, PENGUINSODA, AND OPUS1 ,

THANK YOU !
    I contacted MC Mama, and if someone can help take My POST off, it'd
    be Greatly Appreciated.... And its TRUE, I have NOT read the thread in its
    entirety ... I also appreciate the Kind responses re: Napa Rose... We'll make rez there.

Repeat, I didn't mean to offend current, waiting, or non-members alike...
    In fact, most of My posts have been in other threads, and I am realizing
    What a FANTASTIC Community MC is.... That you for your Kindness.

To answer a few other questions:

I applied back in '96, and got My letter stating I'm on the list.
    Back then I was 19! Hoping of course that by the time I was established,
    My name would come up, and I could join.... I "remember" it being
    $7,500 for initial dues... And I don't remember corporate rates.

I found out through My performer and Production CMs about the
    Club, and thought it'd be Perfect for My Grandpa (who's now 95),
    and My family since they LOVE to Wine and Dine with their Big Bucks,

but they don't take themselves too seriously, and certainly don't ever
    make a big fuss about havin it... maybe because he work hard for his New money.

He instilled this in me, and My Dream is to take him and 93 year old Grams
    into the club HE remembers,... On MY OWN TICKET....

Even though I wish I hadn't posted this,....I've learned that MChatters
    (aside from the seldom exception) are FRIENDLY, HELPFUL FOLK,...who take care
    of the newbies ,like myself become educated in the Do's & Don'ts of
    Protocol.....

For this I'm Grateful....
    Last edited by dland_lover; 06-21-2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Removed Cast Member name, per MC policy.

Ooh, I haven't seen the prices yet at Carthay, thanks for the heads up! If it's similar to the Blue Bayou (which I love), hopefully it will come with soup or salad for that price.
    The Bayou is so great, it's such a Walty place. So much personality and you toss bread at tourists as they float by!
    I doubt we'll ever step foot in Carthay, it's become a real bone of contention for me. If I do, it will be to admire the work of the craftsmen and artists but I'll save my dollars for a business that actually appreciates my patronage and treat their customers with dignity and respect.
    Last edited by David A; 05-25-2012 at 09:16 AM.

• ***PIXIEDUSTER***

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    The last members to join prior to this round of invitations were from Jan of 2003. I hope you have a copy of your application and the responses from the 2007 request to stay on the list. Did you never check on your application after all those years?
    No Malcon,

That is the problem,....thank you for asking....
    Here is My story...

In 1996, both My CM and I were Friends of Fur....
    Which means we performed as certain beloved characters....

When I inquired the first 2 times,... I got the "I don't know anything about a secret club" response....

The 3rd time... I was told to Write a HAND-WRITTEN LETTER ONLY,
    and mail it to a certain address.... Wink

I got a response letter stating that I MUST keep My address current
    as well... So, being that My Grandparents lived in Montclair, CA and
    Always had the same address... I used theirs....

Here's the rub.....
    Grandpa is nearly blind, and Grams started suffering
    Dementia.... Unbeknownst to the family at the time...

By 2007, I was living Hawaii with other family and performing
    with Jim Nabors until 2 years ago when I moved back to the
    Bay Area to take care of them.....

I'm afraid this 2007 letter is lost, and ***** said it'll be Very difficult
    to prove anything without My original letter....
    Last edited by dland_lover; 05-28-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Cast Member name removed, per MiceChat policy.
    "Ready to help CREATE and HONOR the MAGIC!..... "

• "I Break Things"

I guess the "abuse" comment by George (parroted by Al) is what is making me scratch my head. I confirmed with several individuals that Disney only comp'd the tickets if the members' invited parties ate at the Club. Otherwise, if the party just grabbed the "free" tickets and didn't eat at the Club, said member was on the hook for the tickets as well as a possible "no show" fee. Bottom line being that the Club benefited from this unspoken rule with extra foot traffic. Opus even alluded to it as being the whole reason this benefit was tolerated by Disney. Obviously Disney wasn't losing money from this practice.

From a business standpoint I can see why Disney would want to fill the tables with new members instead of guests of members. They wanted the membership dues along with the dinner tabs. The blame was an attempt to save face on Disney's part. I feel blaming the membership for what is a fairly obvious money grab was wrong. Disney greatly benefited from this "abuse". To my knowledge there wasn't an increase in incidents from guests of members and members themselves didn't have a great deal of difficulty getting reservations. If there had been I'm sure Al would have reported it. So again this falls back on Disney, who in turn blamed a very influential and loyal fan base instead of admitting why they made this decision. Honestly the decision could have been made and no reason given; "terms subject to change without notice", so why blame the membership? There was no benefit in that.

I feel for longstanding members who are watching the perks they once enjoyed slowly erode. I can understand the confusion when they're lumped in with D23 or DVC at various events, or when what was an "exclusive members only" event is suddenly opened up or magically oversold. They joined for specific perks. Watching those perks erode, being blamed for it, and also being solicited for more money just seems wrong. I can't say I'm shocked at Disney's decision. They have a decades long track record of cutting corners on both product and service while raising prices. But I'm surprised they blamed the membership, and for no reason I might add.
    Last edited by techskip; 05-25-2012 at 08:36 AM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    From a business standpoint I can see why Disney would want to fill the tables with new members instead of guests of members. They wanted the membership dues along with the dinner tabs.
    Thanks Skip!
    You've hit the nail on the head and stated it in much kinder wording than myself.

I would strongly warn any potential members, prior to writing checks for $35,000.00, to think twice before handing such funds to The Mouse.

1. You'll never see that money again.
    2. The benefits which you're looking forward to enjoying may be gone next year with zero regard to you, other members or your money!
    3. Disney would like nothing more than to see you become angry due to the abuse, quit, just so another poor sap can be sprinkled with pixie dust and write another large check for $35,000.00. $25,000 being the initial membership fees and first years dues of $10,000.00

Take it from me and learn a valuable a lesson:
    The cast members at Disney are splendid and will become your friends and close associates. They are the ones who make the membership enjoyable.
    The Disney Company cares for you only while you're dishing out hard earned dollars. Their egos are massive and they're now under supervision that feels less-is-more when it comes to service and more-is-better when it comes to paying for these lessened services.

As I wrote earlier, never has my faith in Disney been so shaken/destroyed and my feeling towards them been so angry.

• "I Break Things"

David A... thanks for not posting the menu to Little Caesars!

"Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by David A View Post
    As I wrote earlier, never has my faith in Disney been so shaken/destroyed and my feeling towards them been so angry.
    Stop worrying where you're going, move on
    If you can know where you're going, you've gone
    Just keep moving on.

I chose, and my world was shaken--so what?
    The choice may have been mistaken
    but choosing was not.
    You have to move on.

--- Sunday in the Park with George

HAHA! You're most welcome Skip!
    If you're looking for terrific pizza, I would recommend Tony's Little Italy in Placentia. Wow!
    Best Chicago deep dish in So. Cal. It's soooooo good!

---------- Post added 05-25-2012 at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DL714 View Post
    I chose, and my world was saken--so what?
    The choice may have been mistaken
    but choosing was not.
    You have to move on.

--- Sunday in the Park with George
    Wonderful advice and most politely stated

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TigTug View Post
    No Malcon,

That is the problem,....thank you for asking....
    Here is My story...

In 1996, both My CM and I were Friends of Fur....
    Which means we performed as certain beloved characters....
    Here is the bigger issue. People who submitted their names in 1996 were offered invitations in the 2001-2003 time frame, so you wouldn't have received the 2007 letter, as you would have been classified as "declining" the invitation.

(Mods - I think we aren't supposed to be putting a certain name on the boards?)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I can understand the confusion when they're lumped in with D23 or DVC at various events, or when what was an "exclusive members only" event is suddenly opened up or magically oversold.
    It would be a significant benefit for Club 33 members to have priority access to D23 events. Some D23 events sell out so quickly, reservations are basically an internet lottery.

The fastest sell out was the "Off the Map" event, which of course would have been of little interest to C33 members.
    "Off the Map" might have been part of the advertising campaign to increase awareness of Club 33, and might not mean there will be an increase in non-member access to the Club.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    It would be a significant benefit for Club 33 members to have priority access to D23 events. Some D23 events sell out so quickly, reservations are basically an internet lottery.
    D23 is a separate club. You wouldn't want D23 members having priority access to Club 33 events, would you? I understand that many Club 33 members are D23 members, but it is still a separate club.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..