Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15405562636465666768 ... LastLast

Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

I posted earlier that I had recently received an invitation to join Club 33. After much research and several calls with Club 33 staff, I have decided to join. I am definitely in their target audience, and from my perspective and how we would use the club, I see value in the membership:

-50 Park Hopper tickets (Value $5k)
    -5 VIP Tours which I would use since it's basically a FastPass for all rides (for Club 33 members there isn't a time limit, and can be used all day--for others it is $275-$300/hr with 6 hour minimum) (Value~$7k)
    -4 Premium Annual Passes (Value~$2500)
    -Concierge Upgrades (Value~$1k)

Most of us probably wouldn't book VIP tours left to our own volition, but even so, there is value in the $10k annual fee (at least for us) and if the VIP Tours are included, I'll definitely use them. The above is purely from a financial perspective. There are obviously several other intangible benefits that have been well documented here (access to the club, entertaining family/friends & colleagues, VIP experience, special events etc.).

For how we will use the club, there is no downside in them limiting the number of guest passes. I fully understand the argument (and see your point) whereby current members feel they have been bamboozled. I further understand Disney can change these benefits at any time, but I see the business rationale as to why they made the changes. While my comments may be unpopular with several of you, it's simply one man's perspective. It will be interesting to see how this evolves over the next several years.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut View Post
    Let's get things straight, I certainly don't understand your desire to defend something so unjust and so blatant (refer to my earlier post on system justification) but the great thing about a forum like this is that you can express your OPINION here without anyone calling for justification as to why you feel the way you do.
    When you post something to a discussion forum - you open yourself to TWO way conversation. If you want to rant and not have anyone question it... use a blog - not a discussion forum
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminee View Post
    I posted earlier that I had recently received an invitation to join Club 33. After much research and several calls with Club 33 staff, I have decided to join. I am definitely in their target audience, and from my perspective and how we would use the club, I see value in the membership:

-5 VIP Tours which I would use since it's basically a FastPass for all rides (for Club 33 members there isn't a time limit, and can be used all day--for others it is $275-$300/hr with 6 hour minimum) (Value~$7k)

Most of us probably wouldn't book VIP tours left to our own volition, but even so, there is value in the $10k annual fee (at least for us) and if the VIP Tours are included, I'll definitely use them. The above is purely from a financial perspective. There are obviously several other intangible benefits that have been well documented here (access to the club, entertaining family/friends & colleagues, VIP experience, special events etc.).

For how we will use the club, there is no downside in them limiting the number of guest passes. I fully understand the argument (and see your point) whereby current members feel they have been bamboozled. I further understand Disney can change these benefits at any time, but I see the business rationale as to why they made the changes. While my comments may be unpopular with several of you, it's simply one man's perspective. It will be interesting to see how this evolves over the next several years.
    Congratulations and welcome! I appreciate your input on this matter and I am glad that you will be able to use the membership to your benefit. Please know that nothing said here is an attempt to get you to justify how you find value in the membership. I am simply hoping to provide some background and some thought provoking information so you can make an informed decision.

It seems you have given quite a bit of thought to the membership offer and considered all arguments. That is all we can ask of you. I hope that the membership will be all that you expect, please keep everyone informed as to how things are working out for you. It will be nice to have additional commentary from someone at the platinum level.

---------- Post added 06-03-2012 at 02:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    When you post something to a discussion forum - you open yourself to TWO way conversation. If you want to rant and not have anyone question it... use a blog - not a discussion forum

Sorry, this is not what is going on in this thread. Challenging someone to prove something because it goes against their belief or their opinion is not a discussion. This is not a popularity contest. I don't feel the need to win people over to my side. I respect that we have different opinions, I don't ask you to justify or prove yours so please don't ask me to prove mine.

• ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons

That's exciting. Can I live vicariously through you? I hope you start a new thread and give us updates on what it is like for you.

Lightbulb Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

I didn't know you were running things over at the club.
    I gather they're still looking for a Manager, and I would be happy to volunteer, even if it means moving to L.A.

My platform:

(1) Anyone on waitlist as of 12/31/11 can join as Silver/Gold/Plainum when a space opens.

(2) 50@comp/year remains. Establish an Internet-based compexchangebank, so that if a member needs more comps, another member who isn't using his can donate some. No cash involved, naturally. [See #12 below.]

(3) Before admitting 100 new members now, evaluate C33 usage under the 50-quota and compare with demand. If there is excess dining space, invite new memberships 25/quarter until things even out. [Extra caution with Exec memberships needed here.] See #7 & #8 below.

(4) Open 1901 to all S/G/P/E members.

(5) Change the Trophy Room to a members-only (no unaccompanied nonmembers) casual drop-in lounge with drinks and munchies (at a reasonable charge).

(6) If extra dining space is needed for private parties after the TR is converted, steal a room from the Dream Suite [it'll never miss it].

(7) Before admitting any new Platinums, arrange with TokyoC33 to start Platinum there, and make Platinum multiPark reciprocal. Build a C33 at WDW and do the same thing. Thus the concept of Platinum will be for multiResorters, for S/G singleRs. Treat comprivileges the same way, e.g. Ps can use theirs at any Resort, S/Gs just locally.

(8) Before admitting any new Ps anywhere, evaluate the usage impact of reciprocal Ps from existing-member upgrades. Our empty tables may suddenly be filled up with Japanese or Eastcoasters. Then, if there's usage space, invite new memberships as per #3 above.

(9) Restore the full lunch buffet. Take up a member collection to buy & bolt on the wall behind the pasta station a fire extinguisher.

(10) Reduce lunch and dinner prices. Full usage of the dining room plus sales from the TR & 1901 Lounges should offset this.

(11) Create C33 Lounges on Disney cruise ships, accessible to Platinum/Executive members only. Another part of the "multiResort" focus of P/E.

(12) Establish an official C33 management/members website/forum, where we can fine-tune all this. [Maintain the compexchange there too.]

(13) Any S/G/P member can convert to any of the other levels on an annual basis by paying the initiation-fee difference [if to a higher level] and of course those dues. If you convert down, no initiation fee refund, but if you later convert up again, no repeat-initiation charge.

I don't have a handle on the VIPTours & DLRconcierge impacts yet. Is C33 paying the hotels or the Tour department for these perks, for instance? If so, on our website we should do some polling and cost/benefitting.

That ought to do it for my first week in the job.

Unless you have some magical ability to resolve my grievances I don't think I have any obligation to justify or substantiate anything to you. Let's get things straight, I certainly don't understand your desire to defend something so unjust and so blatant (refer to my earlier post on system justification) but the great thing about a forum like this is that you can express your OPINION here without anyone calling for justification as to why you feel the way you do.
    O.K., my opinion is that: (1) If you can't say something nice, don't say anything. (2) If you really think someone needs to be called on the carpet, do it privately/personally. (3) If the present situation doesn't gruntle you, propose a better one, and communicate it to those who can implement it.
    Last edited by Rachane; 06-03-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    ______
    Rachane

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post

O.K., my opinion is that: (1) If you can't say something nice, don't say anything. (2) If you really think someone needs to be called on the carpet, do it privately/personally. (3) If the present situation doesn't gruntle you, propose a better one, and communicate it to those who can implement it.
    I respect your opinion and how you would run things. You actually have some good ideas. My opinion about how this forum is to be used is the exact opposite of yours. The Disney Parks Blog is a great forum for those who only want to speak in a positive light about the Disney corporation. I view Micechat differently, it is an exchange of ideas related to the Disney company, both good and bad. I am always happy to consider your ideas and thoughts, you seem to be of the mindset that if we have nothing positive to say, say nothing (your words, not mine). That does not sound very accepting of how others may feel.

If Disney were not so public in their marketing, there would be no need for me to voice an opinion so loudly in a public forum.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Sorry, this is not what is going on in this thread. Challenging someone to prove something because it goes against their belief or their opinion is not a discussion. This is not a popularity contest. I don't feel the need to win people over to my side. I respect that we have different opinions, I don't ask you to justify or prove yours so please don't ask me to prove mine.
    You post it - it's fair game. You can't stand in the middle of a room and keep telling everyone YOUR opinion and act like it's untouchable when you were the one who stood up and took the initiative to tell us all about it. No one is prying these comments from you.. you are volunteering them. You want a platform to promote your message but don't want anyone questioning it. If you want a one-way street where you can broadcast your message for others to find... use a blog.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    You post it - it's fair game. You can't stand in the middle of a room and keep telling everyone YOUR opinion and act like it's untouchable when you were the one who stood up and took the initiative to tell us all about it. No one is prying these comments from you.. you are volunteering them. You want a platform to promote your message but don't want anyone questioning it. If you want a one-way street where you can broadcast your message for others to find... use a blog.
    My OPINION is untouchable! It is just that, my opinion, unique to me alone. You will never change my opinion, that is in essence asking me to subscribe to a cult and no matter how many times I am asked I am not drinking the Kool-Aid.

You are free to have your opinions and they can differ from mine. Post away all day long, nobody is asking you to change your feelings or your opinions or asking you to subscribe to a different way of thinking.

My OPINION is untouchable! It is just that, my opinion, unique to me alone. You will never change my opinion, that is in essence asking me to subscribe to a cult and no matter how many times I am asked I am not drinking the Kool-Aid.

You are free to have your opinions and they can differ from mine. Post away all day long, nobody is asking you to change your feelings or your opinions or asking you to subscribe to a different way of thinking.
    Disneynut is very much correct regarding his issues with Disney management.
    He, like myself, are adamant about our stance on these issues.
    The saddest aspect about the posts which are pro-mouse, is that you're thinking is very much askew and sadly, you're damaging yourself in the long term.
    Disney needs to understand that when UNITED, club members can have an impact and the support of non-members confirms the negative impact of Disney's poor decision making process.
    By not supporting a specific group of Disney enthusiasts who are contesting ill-treatment, those non-supportive individuals are pouring fuel onto the fire for Disney to remove more benefits, raise prices even higher, and continue their philosophy of 'Disney is always right and people will pay what we want them to pay!'.
    If, as Disney fan and club member, I say to you, 'I'm not pleased with the way Disney treated us', as another Disney fan, you should be sharp realize our complaint and support our cause. Rest assured, as professionals and business persons, we would support you in your cause if you had been wronged. Most of us are busy savvy and well education and we easily recognize the difference between right and wrong. What Disney did to violate our sincerest trust was WRONG!
    So, go ahead, support Disney, confirm their their mistreatment of Club 33 members, but when Disney takes away some benefit you once valued or raises their prices so high that you can't afford to visit the park, then look in a mirror at that time and see who is to blame.
    There is strength in unity, but unity can only survive when those involved are strong enough to stand up and assume their place in the front line.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 02:37 PM ----------

Sorry you couldn't have been with us prior to 2012, the club was truly a much grander lady.
    Based upon the benefits you listed, aren't you getting 100 com'd sign-ins as all new members are forced to join platinum.
    Prior to signing the check, be sure you understand that Disney may openly revoke any of those member benefits you may be joining for and hoping to enjoy. Just a polite warning I'd hate to see you standing with us in the 'I'm disappointed with Disney' que.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by David A View Post
    Based upon the benefits you listed, aren't you getting 100 com'd sign-ins as all new members are forced to join platinum.
    Again, Platinum members get 50 (not 100) comps a year. Its rule 1.7, second paragraph, third line.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Knight of Naughtyness

The saddest aspect about the posts which are pro-mouse, is that you're thinking is very much askew and sadly, you're damaging yourself in the long term.
    David A, this is where many of us have problems with your posts. You basically are saying that your opinion is correct and everyone else has flawed thinking. You also insist that any thinking that is different from yours means that we are mouse-supporting Kool-Aid drinkers..
    -Osky

Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    David A, this is where many of us have problems with your posts. You basically are saying that your opinion is correct and everyone else has flawed thinking. You also insist that any thinking that is different from yours means that we are mouse-supporting Kool-Aid drinkers..
    Mouse-supporting Kool-Aid drinkers! Love it!
    Do you know the difference between right and wrong?
    Do you comprehend the concept of 'Violation of Trust'?
    If you answered 'yes' to either of these questions, then you should understand why we, as members, are not pleased with Disney.
    Even the club members who are 'OK' with the changes should realize that giving an inch to Disney only encourages them to take a mile.
    Pretty simply really, not too difficult to understand.
    Oh, since Summer is coming, I believe 7-11 has ice on sale. Might make your Mouse-Aid a little more enjoyable.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Again, Platinum members get 50 (not 100) comps a year. Its rule 1.7, second paragraph, third line.
    Only 50? Wow, that's terrible for such a high price. Guess I'm still stuck in 2011 and earlier mode.
    When they called me, they told us 100 comp'd entries, they must have changed it towards the end of 2011 to 50.
    Ouch!

• Knight of Naughtyness

Do you know the difference between right and wrong?
    Do you comprehend the concept of 'Violation of Trust'?
    Do you understand what talking down to people is?
    -Osky

Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

I posted earlier that I had recently received an invitation to join Club 33. After much research and several calls with Club 33 staff, I have decided to join.
    Platinum members are invited to visit Carsland on the Media day, June 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    Do you understand what talking down to people is?
    Talking down to someone and arguing a point of validity are two different things.
    Sorry mate if you feel slighted, that is not my purpose or meaning.