Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 194459666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1062

• Minion

Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by David A View Post
    Very, very few gold members actually upgraded, the majority retained their Gold Membership, not opting to upgrade as the added benefits were not quite justified by the increase in dues.
    I know you are displeased, but to many, the added benefits did justify the dues. I know of about 36 gold members and of them, 7 upgraded to either Platinum or Executive. I won't say it is proportional, as most I know live "near by".
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    the added benefits did justify the dues.
    Really? Wow, I completely disagree but we're not talking only about funds, we're also discussing the separatism caused by Disney's complete disregard for Old Gold's. It is completely appalling that Gold Members not be allow to enjoy the 1901 Lounge. There is no logical reason except greed that Disney couldn't allow Gold Members to access the lounge. Not to mention the limitations on comp'd entries, another prehistoric sized bone of contention.
    The 1901 Lounge was a great idea for ALL Club 33 Members, Silver, Gold and Platinum, but the remainder of the benefits should never have been touched or altered in the slightest. If Disney wants to make all new members Platinum, fine, go ahead, but the Old Gold should have been given the same benefits regarding the lounge. If a Gold Member really wants the three extra cards, hotel upgrades, VIP Tour, and the other functions, terrific, they can upgrade to Platinum.
    Disney shouldn't punish the original Club 33 members causing this huge rift in trust and loyalty, enforcing such segregation of membership levels.
    Also, isolating Gold Members by disallowing them at specific level functions is cold and highly calculative.
    It is simply disgusting to see how people can stand behind such an outright deceptive and unscrupulous tactic initiated by Disney.
    Many of the Old Golds I know, including myself, have cut back their number of visits to the park substantially and this costs Disney money.
    If Disney was trying to make a very loyal profit generating group of fans really dislike them, well, they've accomplished their goal and should be congratulated.

• Minion

I understand your view. But I also see the other side. 1901 is a very limited lounge. It seats a max of 45. With almost 450 Gold, Silver, and Corp members, and 200 Plat and Exec members, I could see where those 45 seats would go fast. As it is now, it is difficult to get a seat in the afternoon/evenings.

As for the special event, limited to 15 members, I can see why Disneyland would limit the lottery to the Platinums. It is a perk for the members paying the $11,000 a year, vs. the Golds paying $3,700. It isn't THAT major of a segregation. All members were invited to the main event, which will be all evening, includes dinner, and allows you to bring 5 or 6 friends (haven't seen the wording, its either plus 6 or a party of 6.)

I know you really have had issues with this. And I am sorry you are so upset.

Hopefully, if the remodel happens, they will have a lounge available there for all members.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

The 1901 Lounge was a great idea for ALL Club 33 Members.
    You know, way back in this very long thread, post #565, May 17th 2012 you railed against the 1901 Lounge, calling it a knockoff and stating what little interest you had in it.....now it's a great idea.......have you changed your mind? Not looking for an argument, just interested in your thought process.
    Last edited by DavidRac; 02-06-2013 at 05:02 PM.

LOL! I'm just trying to be slightly more optimistic in a very bad situation. Guess when it's pouring/raining bad news any shelter is appreciated. My wife says I need to be more upbeat and forget about Disneyland.
    And they should open the place up to all club members, I'm sure every other club members will wholeheartedly concur.
    Last edited by David A; 02-06-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Fair enough! You know, for someone who travels between both coasts, doesn't have too many extra ticket needs, and can use 4 passes I can see the benefit for platinum, but I also see your points about legacy members. Best to you! As a lurker for some time (hence last years reference) I know this bothers you greatly, I hope you get a good resolution.

Thanks David!
    Yeah, it's so upsetting. I remember when we first became members, we simply cherished the ol' club, just couldn't get enough of it. Sharing it with friends was the single greatest benefit and we paid the dues with massive, Cheshire Cat grins. It was pure joy.
    This year we actually discussed trashing the membership dues request and spending the money on something more tangible but no, my Walty devotion got the better of me, hoping the new president will help straighten things out.
    I hope he'll actually take action and help us Old Golds.
    Fly safe!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Funny how you look as old accounts as being entitled to everything going forward... Instead of recognizing a changing product
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Pushaw! That's a ridiculous and asinine statement.
    Please, put away that dangerous glass of Disney Koolaide and open your eyes. Good Lord.
    This has nothing to do with entitlement it's merely providing good service for monies paid and duties thus expected for such payment. It's quality of service, plain and simple.
    Haven't you heard of 'customer service?' Well, some companies still provide this long lost to Disney aspect of business.
    But then again, I don't have 14K plus posts on a chat forum, I'm only doing this with the most sincere hopes that one specific pair of eyes at Disney will perhaps glance upon this and report thus, hopefully for some degree of recapitulation.
    I do firmly believe that a modicum of change, no matter how small can lead to great change, it just takes that one single person to raise awareness and ignore those with nothing vested.

• Selfie Expert

So let's say for example, I've always owned a base model Ford Taurus. I buy a new one every two years. Well this year they make some special edition, more expensive model. Because I've been a loyal customer for year, I should have the right to pay the same price I've paid for the base model but get the special edition?

I understand where you're coming from, but they built a new product for a new price. From what I understand, they didn't take Club33 away, they offered additional access to a new area for a higher cost. You pay more to get more... that's how business normally works.

Now if they limited your number of visits or something, I would completely agree, but what you are saying goes against normal and frankly fair business practice.

Note: I am meerly talking about access to 1901, not about the passes, etc, as it seems that 1901 is the issue at hand.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Was hoping a member can answer a question about 1901. Sorry in advance if this was discussed already..

I've had a friend make reservations for us at Club 33 before but as far as getting into 1901 do you know how many people a member is allowed to bring per visit?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Sure - because it goes against what you want it to be.

But I guess it took 14k posts to figure that out too...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I've had a friend make reservations for us at Club 33 before but as far as getting into 1901 do you know how many people a member is allowed to bring per visit?
    No limit on number of people that you can bring into 1901 other then if they are already at capacity, they can limit a large group and if the party is larger then 10, they ask for advance warning to make sure they are properly staffed.

Remember...the card carrying member MUST be present with you to enter 1901, no unaccompanied guests...they can not make a reservation for you, nor do you get access with a Club 33 reservation

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ParkHopper1 View Post
    No limit on number of people that you can bring into 1901 other then if they are already at capacity, they can limit a large group and if the party is larger then 10, they ask for advance warning to make sure they are properly staffed.

Remember...the card carrying member MUST be present with you to enter 1901, no unaccompanied guests...they can not make a reservation for you, nor do you get access with a Club 33 reservation
    Actually, as of Jan 1, each card holder is limited to 10 people. If you are going to have more than 10, you need to give them advanced warning.

LOL! I'm just trying to be slightly more optimistic in a very bad situation. Guess when it's pouring/raining bad news any shelter is appreciated. My wife says I need to be more upbeat and forget about Disneyland.
    And they should open the place up to all club members, I'm sure every other club members will wholeheartedly concur.
    I'm sure every other GOLD member will wholeheartedly concur, but not many Platinum members.