Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21466168697071
Results 1,051 to 1,062 of 1062

Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post

Further observations:
    *Some people need to re-read what they write and maybe reconsider how condescending and unpleasant they sound. Frankly it was an additional turn off in regards to "members".
    This point is well taken. Unfortunately, with the anonymity of the internet and the evolution of these types of discussion boards, I am afraid negativity is the norm, rather than the exception. Of course, I do not like being told I am a "fool;" unable to distinguish between good or bad; squandering my money on an "inferior" product; and gullible.

However, I think when one is frustrated and cannot otherwise express him or herself, the condescending and unpleasant remarks may be all that are left in cyberspace.

People post for various reasons. Some want validation. Others want to provoke an argument. Perhaps, bulletin boards are not the best for intelligent discourse or debate.

As for me, I posted to offer a contrary view of 1901 in the off chance that if these posts are read by Disney, that some people like keeping this "inferior product" non-crowded. I do not want to go to a lounge that I have to reserve 60 days in advance at a specific time. I want to be able to drop in when the mood hits. Just my $0.02.

LOL! Hmm, I wonder who could be considered as perhaps being, well, 'condescending'?
    It's all about perception and interpretation.
    Truthfully, because I am having to act in an antagonistic manner within this forum and posting comments which aren't cute and flowery, failing to be praising Disney every three words, then I most certainly do not fit in. I am no doubt the 'evil one' or the 'trouble maker'. You know, I'm alright with that because I'm not afraid to raise an important issue.
    It's easy to be a sheep, grazing upon the norm, never struggling for a cause or taking a side which you know will probably never win and will actually brand you an outcast.
    If you're on this forum tonight typing, you have people who stood up for a cause to thank for your freedom of speech. No one will knock on your door tonight asking why you typed what you did or expressed an opinion that was contrary to the poor decisions of a global corporation. If they could, well, the Mouse-Police would certainly be gently rapping on my chamber door.
    Now, let me ask, why would allowing Gold Members within 1901 make 1901 an inferior product?
    Do you seriously think that allowing Gold Members to access 1901 would lessen it's perceived value? If you do, my good man, then you obviously know very few gold members.
    I can only imagine that for some it's difficult to really understand why Gold and Silver Members are so incredibly displeased with TDA. If you were in our position however, your attitude would change.
    As mentioned earlier, on any given day at any given time, it is very rare to have more than 2 to 4 members in the park at the same time.
    So, just in case someone at Disney is actually reading this post, you may certainly consider that fact quite carefully.
    It would be a terrific idea to open 1901 to all Club 33 members for approx one month (call it an introduction to the 1901 Lounge and all it has to offer) and then chart the sales difference, cast member cost offset, and finish with net profit evaluation. Then, ask all members in a survey if they enjoyed their experience and obtain their impressions of the attendance levels and quality of service in relationship to such.
    I would happily place a substantial wager that the results would prove everything I have stated previously, not to mention a much higher satisfaction rate among legacy members.
    Disney could cover their base by justifying access to 1901 (if placed into permanent benefits) as a small compensation for the removal of unlimited comp'd entries for guests.
    If Disney wants to make money then they'll have to earn it with quality customer service and a more professional set of standards which are not based purely on profit. Proper guest relations will equate to an increased profit.
    TDA's current business model of making more by offering less is hardly sustainable in the long term and while one Gold Member may not make any difference, what about 2, or 3, or perhaps 30, and so on. A few Platinum Members will no doubt concur.
    The fact that even one Gold Member has to spend his time on a chat forum is proof enough that things within Club 33 are not proper. We should be praising the club, wanting to visit, wanting to allow our friends to access the place, filling it with happy guests spending lots of cash. Sadly, just the opposite is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
    Over the last 10+ years with an ever increasing number a few regular members were selling their benefits to the highest bidders on eBay, Craigslist and other sites to the tune of 100's a year...multiply that by multiple members and the numbers quickly grow to 1,000's of people entering the park to enjoy Club 33. While they paid for their dinner the members were abusing their benefits and making a profit from their membership and reducing the availability of the club to rule abiding members. Sure Disney could try to entrap people into revealing themselves loads of escape holes were available with the main one being "that was not me who was auctioning off my member benefits".
    At the risk of sounding like a nave idealist, I was stunned and saddened to read this.

I've always assumed that C33 members considered themselves exemplars and caretakers of what was respected and cherished in Walt Disney. Accordingly our ability to "guest" friends to the Club implied that it would be used to encourage and appreciate this same attitude in them - certainly not to rake in money from strangers! [Can you imagine Cinderella's fairy godmother making it magically possible for her to go to the ball, then saying "Will that be cash or credit card?"?]

If the 2012 changes have brought such abuse to a halt, then I am all the more in favor of them.

As for different accesses and privileges for different C33 membership levels, I still don't see the problem. Prior to 2012 Silvers had lesser reservation privileges than Golds, and I don't recall any indignation about that. The Silvers' compensation was that they paid lower dues.

So in the Platinum era, it's the same: More benefits, more dues. Want 'em, pay for 'em. I'm just happy that neither Silvers nor Golds are required to switch to Platinum. I am one of those old 1950s' kids for whom Disneyland was an almost supernatural Wednesday night [black & white, oval-tube] television experience. Every trip to Disneyland has been a nostalgic recapture of that childlike wonder, and C33 is, as far as I'm concerned, a Mickey Mouse Club for aging Mouseketeers. I am vaguely aware of that other place across the ticketbooth plaza, but really don't care whether it's there or not. DCA is, as it were, not my Laughing Place.

______
    Rachane

Rachane, my good fellow, you're too quick to merely accept that which Disney hands to you. I understand your point, but perhaps your view of the benefit changes is slightly biased upon the location of your residence.
    I feel very safe in saying that almost every single Gold Member I have personally spoken with are truly not pleased and are, in fact, extremely upset with the changes. The disallowing of Old Gold Members to join specific levels of Club 33 events was truly the feather atop the cap.
    What a terribly devious tactic to drop upon us, practically forcing us to join Platinum so we, the original members, can enjoy the better club functions. You may be alright with this, but personally, I am not nor are many of the members.
    I cannot write for them all, but most have simply given up and fail to seek or force a change. My tenacious nature prevents me from simply 'giving in'.
    While I'm sad you are not joining your fellow Golds in this most humble effort to correct these poor decisions, I'll still shake your hand when we meet. Of course, it won't be at the higher level functions, it will have to be at the lower level event where the Old Golds, the original members are allowed.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I'm with Rachane, you want in to 1901? Pay for it, like the rest of the Plats n' Execs did.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by David A View Post
    he disallowing of Old Gold Members to join specific levels of Club 33 events was truly the feather atop the cap.
    And to further clarify, 95% of the new members will also not be able to join this event. 15 (fifteen) members of 275 will be able to attend this one singular portion of the event. All members (Silver, Gold, or Platinum) will be able to attend the main event.

Prior to the change, Gold members had entry into the park 365 days a year, they had a plus 1 when they came, they could invite as many people to the Club as they wished (some were inviting as many as 300 a month), and every person going to the club got a free ticket to the park, in exchange for the meal. They have valet parking at the Grand Californian. And they had special events such as Candlelight, and meet and greets with Imagineers or Window Openings.

After the change, Golds can enter the park every day, with their plus one, or their plus one can come on their own. They can valet at the GCH. They can still invite as many people as they wish to dine at the club, however they no longer get free entry to the park. Golds are given 50 passes a year to use as they choose. The person using one of the 50 does not have to dine at the club. They also can arrange discounted tickets for their guests. They can also arrange for their guests to dine at the club as a Dine Only pass, without having to pay for admittance into the park. There are still special events which all members can enjoy, including Gold. There is a very limited event, only 15 members will be invited, and because of this, they limited the lottery to Platinum and Exec members. There are approx 450 Gold members and 275 platinum and exec members.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Original Mice-Chatter

LOL! Hmm, I wonder who could be considered as perhaps being, well, 'condescending'?
    It's all about perception and interpretation.
    Truthfully, because I am having to act in an antagonistic manner within this forum and posting comments which aren't cute and flowery, failing to be praising Disney every three words, then I most certainly do not fit in. I am no doubt the 'evil one' or the 'trouble maker'.
    It's your methods not your concerns that raised my hackles. If you want people to see it from your side, and rally to your cause-then insulting them, their intelligence and their ethics doesn't seem like the best way to get your point across.

Your anger is with Disney- not with the people here who may happen to disagree with you.

Just a suggestion- in the end I don't have a dog in this fight given my apathy for Club 33.

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    I'm with Rachane, you want in to 1901? Pay for it, like the rest of the Plats n' Execs did.
    Exclusion of legacy members was and is in extremely poor taste and poor management. Your statement really isn't applicable, because the new members simply had no choice. Understand?
    If they wanted to join the club they were forced to join Platinum, 1901 being simply part of that particular new package.
    Had all new club members been offered the option of joining either Silver, Gold or Platinum, then perhaps your statement would have a modicum of relevance. Sadly, it just doesn't have any teeth.
    I stand firmly by my guns in saying that exclusion of legacy members was not correct.
    Oh, and I should firmly apologize should any of my posts seem perhaps negative or condescending, but this is an extremely upsetting topic for many of us legacy members and these forums tend to cater to those who honestly believe that Disney can do no wrong. Sadly, Disney does make mistakes and we, the ones who are closest to them, are the first to recognize these blunders. I'm fortunate to have a good staff of employees that allow me a little time to step up and fight, sadly many other members may have not have the time or energy, feeling simply beaten down by the mouse.
    I'm not afraid of a good fight and I'm willing to ruffle the feathers of the majority to accomplish a task.
    We're not talking about the Dole whips here or Duffy's latest costume pants, this is a very serious issue with ample funds invested by all members.

Exclusion of legacy members was and is in extremely poor taste and poor management. Your statement really isn't applicable, because the new members simply had no choice. Understand?
    If they wanted to join the club they were forced to join Platinum, 1901 being simply part of that particular new package.
    Disney promotes 1901 as an exclusive lounge for Platinum members to help justify the higher dues. Other Platinum benefits (concierge, VIP tours...) are only a discounted bundle of upgrades available to everyone. 1901 is the only truly exclusive element of Platinum membership. 1901 is also staffed by both Club 33 member services and VIP guest services (plaids) to handle reservations (dining, seating...) for Platinum members.
    Platinum members were promised exclusive access to 1901, so allowing Gold members access would be a significant change -- exactly the type of change in benefits that Gold members are currently complaining about.

Oh, and I should firmly apologize should any of my posts seem perhaps negative or condescending...
    It would a more effective apology if the condescending "Understand?" was not used earlier in the same post.

It would be a terrific idea to open 1901 to all Club 33 members for approx one month...
    Golds Welcome 1:00 to 1:15
    Name:  caddy.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  75.1 KB

• Timelord

I remember back about a year ago when I had a chance to visit through the D23 event that many of you were making assumptions that D23 would continue to offer such events. Not saying I told you so, but does anyone still think that this is something that will be offered again in the future through a ticketed event? Or was this truly just a one off opportunity?

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Folks, this thread has produced a wealth of information. It also has produced a boatload of content that gives absolutely no consideration to the rules of this site. That content has come from a fairly small group of our members. Nevertheless, you may want to check your personal reputation levels, because some of you have been so disrespectful of your fellow members and the desire of this site that all threads display a modicum of civility in their postings, that your memberships are on the verge of being litter boxed. If you have questions about your rep, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every forum page to have the mods review your situation.

This thread is now closed. The new thread we've created is to be the only thread for the discussion of this topic. Please do not create another thread to take its place. We will continue the conversation over here:

Club 33 Membership Changes, Part 2

We are doing this for two reasons. First, the current thread is so noxious and would take so long for the mods to edit out the problem posts, a new thread will save that effort by those who volunteer here. Secondly, it is hoped that with a reboot into a fresh thread, might give pause to those who are bent on peppering their posts with the mocking of other posters, making personal asides about them, and launching condescending personal attacks.

If such posts continue into the new thread, members will be banned from the thread as soon as they wander over the line. And that would be a shame. Because besides all the heated and impolite words, there is a ton of valuable information that has risen to the top in this discussion so far.

Thanks for your understanding and your follow through!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21466168697071