Page 1 of 71 1234112651 ... LastLast

Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

Greetings All.

My Club 33 Member-friend just called and said he was officially informed there are some major changes in the works for membership levels and benefits at Club 33. I can't recall all the details exactly (as I was in the car when he called and couldn't write them down) but here are the highlights as I recall them.

New Club 33 Membership Level: Platinum. Platinum Members will receive access to a new VIP lounge at Disney's California Adventure, a handfull of Premium Annual Passes to give to whoever (I think he said 4 of them), special access to VIP events, and some other goodies.

Now here's the rub for some existing Gold Members: Complimentary 365 day a year sign-in for Member and a Guest is reduced to Member only. No additional Guest. Also, big change in complimentary Park Hopper for Guests. Gold and Platinum Member's complimentary Guest passes are now limited to 50 annually. Examples: If Member has a table of 10 and Member attends dinner and arranges passes for those Guests...Member gets docked 9 passes out of his 50 allotment. If Member makes a Guest Reservation for 10 with passes and does not attend...then 10 get docked from Member's allotment.

This cap on complimentary Park Hopper passes will likely put somewhat of a damper on some Members' willingness to make reservations for others, especially reservations with Park Hopper ticket requests attached to them. For moochers expect some Members to either ask if any in their party already have Annual Passes they can use the day of their dining reservation...or to flat out say something like "I'm happy to make you a reservation, but you're going to have to pay your own way into the parks."

Existing Golds can upgrade to Platinum without paying the higher initiation fee, but must pay the new Platinum annual dues of...ready for it...$10,000! Gold Membership dues went up (despite lower benefits) to $3,600 annually.

That's a big difference in dues between Gold and Platinum. Hope there are more benefits than I recall or was told.

Sounds like a major downgrade for Golds. But again...I don't know all the details and perhaps some Chatter that is an actual Member will chime in with more (or more accurate details). I'm pretty sure my Member-friend won't be upgrading. And as an official "moocher" of reservations from him, I'm sure I won't be dining as much there if Park Hoppers aren't included. And I suspect he'll be saving most if not all of his 50 for use himself.

Oh...and he said he thought they said that new Gold memberships won't even be offered when people clear that waitlist. That the only new Club 33 membership is now the Platinum membership. But existing Golds can continue with their Gold memberships. So I guess that's at least something existing Golds can feel somewhat happy about.
    Last edited by Opus1guy; 12-15-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Re: Club 33 Membership Changes for 2012

Wow! So pricey! I just learned about club 33 a couple years ago. Is it really worth that price tag?
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Toad Hall

Well thats weird, going to have to tell my grandfather that his bill is going up next year, but he will be pleased that he can go to both DCA and DL clubs.
    <font size=4> </font>

• Sock Puppet

Is the platinum membership $10,000 a year, or is it for more than a year?

• Surfin the net with Duffy

So this only appears to be effecting the park pass perk? I am fine with that.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy
    the new Platinum annual dues of...ready for it...$10,000!
    Every Platinum Member must pay $10,000 in dues every year in order to maintain their Platinum Membership. I don't know what the initiation fee is for new Platinum memberships. I'm sure it's many 10's of thousands just to join that first year (in addition to the first year's annual dues of $10,000), though the initiation fee seems to be waived for existing Gold Members that wish to upgrade now from Gold to Platinum.
    Last edited by Opus1guy; 12-15-2011 at 06:11 PM.

This is very interesting. So, I wonder if this means the rumored Carthay Circle Club is confirmed and that is what they are getting access to. If so, is that a separate membership and will their top level offer Club 33 access.

It seems like the club is trying to annoy and get rid of current members by charging more and offering less in the hopes to sell new much more expensive memberships for those on the waiting list.

I am told the elimination of the +1 sign-in benefit is member-wide. Neither Gold nor Platinum will be able to sign in a friend to the park. The complimentary parkhopper allotment is also the same for both Gold and Platinum members. The only difference in allotment is between individual and corporate memberships. (Corporations get more.) But no membership level offers unlimited comps anymore.

---------- Post added 12-15-2011 at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    I wonder if this means the rumored Carthay Circle Club is confirmed and that is what they are getting access to. If so, is that a separate membership and will their top level offer Club 33 access.
    Carthay Circle will have a public restaurant and lounge. There will be a private Club 33 Platinum members-only lounge, with a separate entrance, Called Club 1901.
    Last edited by MagicKingdomBoy; 12-15-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Sounds like some interesting changes are in store for the 33...
    -boy33

Twitter: @boy33

Quote Originally Posted by MagicKingdomBoy
    Neither Gold nor Platinum will be able to sign in a friend to the park. The complimentary parkhopper allotment is also the same for both Gold and Platinum members.
    Thanks for the correction. I've edited my initial post to reflect this.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    Per year.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Yes I challenge Club 33 members to use all 50 park hoppers taking Families in need (maybe families who don't get picked for make-a-wish) or in extreme poverty and treat them to a day in the parks.
    Just to be clear...I don't think the Member can just give away their allotment of 50 Park Hoppers to anyone for any reason. I believe the Park Hoppers can still only be issued in conjunction with a Club 33 meal reservation.

So the Member would not only be giving away the 50 passes, but would have to buy the kids and families lunch or dinner at the Club as well. Not that that's a bad thing.

I'm pretty sure most Members who use Club 33 as an important part of their client entertaining, or for their families and friends, will likely hang on to those 50 Park Hoppers for when they need or wish to get their parties into Disneyland for the purposes of dining at Club 33, without the Member having to fork out even more money to buy them tickets to get in.

Edited to add: Looks like GhostHost and I were posting basically the same thing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
    What does the 10k get you? Into DL? Value: $80... Walking around there and having drinks? No value in there other than what greedy man assigns to it. The best gift I ever got was a kind letter from my clients. I love the gift cards, but the letter was the most meaningful.
    There are additional as-yet undisclosed here significant perks associated with a Platinum membership that absolutely will make it very palatable to many members. Let's not get on the hate wagon and ridicule people for accepting a product offered by Disneyland at a certain price. This small population of guests spend a great deal of money when they visit the park. This isn't about getting a kind letter from a client. It's a club. End of story. If you like the amenities and it's in your ballpark, go for it.
    As for "flaunting wealth and evoking pride," the price sheet isn't really public. Word gets out on the internet. Members generally keep a low profile. Does one flaunt wealth and evoke pride when signing his check at Napa Rose? They sell bottles of wine in the 10s of thousands, after all. No. Disneyland caters to all walks of life, and as a business, they should.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stinker Bell View Post
    One would think that one's meal would be included in the membership.
    Why? Our family has a membership to a local country club. In addition to paying membership dues above what Club 33 costs, you pay for your meals there, you pay your green fees for golfing, you pay for the tennis court time, various lessons, and if you don't spend a minimum amount at the club each month, you are billed for the difference. Why should a Club 33 membership mean you get free meals?

Club 33 is similar to a country club for Disney geeks..
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Micechat just spilled even more of the beans on Club 33 changes... http://micechat.com/blogs/in-the-par...-closures.html
    -boy33

Twitter: @boy33

Page 1 of 71 1234112651 ... LastLast